Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea said:
    Can't believe it's Sunday night already!
    Me neither, really can’t be bothered to get up early for work tomorrow 🙃😭
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Dandelion said:
    GreenTea said:
    Can't believe it's Sunday night already!
    Me neither, really can’t be bothered to get up early for work tomorrow 🙃😭

Same!! Honestly
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2020
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    Heyaa 
    came home from work then spend 2 hours and a half tidying my room. Idek why it took that long lol. Was putting my autumn/winter stuff more visable in my wardrobe than summer stuff. 

What’s everyone else been up to today?

How was work? It can sometimes take me that long to tidy my room lol I often get distracted though 😂. 
    lol it was okay did some training. Apparently got 8 Weeks off it😒. Did you go to work today?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
     meal prepping for myself and a friend for the week. Pretty pleased with this tbh. 
  • Options
    Do you like my £3 Ikea blinds😂😂

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Wanted to do so much this weekend like go for a run, do some work etc and I haven't lol
  • Options
    Are you doing the ISE training @Dandelion
  • Options
    This film is so gory 😷 ffs
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    I did nap @GreenTea but not till about 7pm, didn’t nap for too long though haha. I felt like I got more sleep in that 30 minutes than I did the entire of last night 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @independent_
    Hopefully you'll sleep well tonight
  • Options
    I need a holiday from work already
  • Options
    I hope so I need sleep haha.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Was there ever a thread where you post a new word that you learnt and it's Meaning. Or am I going crazy?

@Aidan feel like you would know this
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Was there ever a thread where you post a new word that you learnt and it's Meaning. Or am I going crazy?

@Aidan feel like you would know this

That sounds like it was a weekly challenge

There was random fact thread that isn’ta weekly challenge

• Options
    you are not going crazy, I remember that thread. I think Laine made it 
  • Options
    you are not going crazy, I remember that thread. I think Laine made it 

Yh I went back but can't seem to find it!
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure was a weekly challenge 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    I’ve already done it at the store I worked at at uni so I don’t have to do it again at the store I work at now. It’s not that bad really, not much actually changed but when your going through training it can seem like quite a lot, but it’s really not bad lol x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    I’ve already done it at the store I worked at at uni so I don’t have to do it again at the store I work at now. It’s not that bad really, not much actually changed but when your going through training it can seem like quite a lot, but it’s really not bad lol x
    Ah that’s good!  How long is it. Is it 8 weeks of it? Like 50 mins a week Seems a bit much. 
  • Options
    It wasn't a weekly challenge. There's a thread.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    They do make it sound a lot. I’m pretty sure she said “not recovery anymore it is maintenance” about 5 times lol. Which is simple make it out as a big deal
  • Options
    Oh my bad
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    we had to do quiz on your phone and you know when you’re just waiting for literally every instrustion. She goes like scan it for the quiz. I scan it then sit there for few minutes day dreaming  while everyone’s doing the quiz. She goes like “shevaun have you finished already”. And I was like oh shit e doing the quiz now lol.  Right doppy
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    Ah that’s good!  How long is it. Is it 8 weeks of it? Like 50 mins a week Seems a bit much. 
    Think we had about 4, 50 min training sessions spread over the 8 weeks x
  • Options
    Lol at the possibility of a 10pm curfew because of covid
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    we had to do quiz on your phone and you know when you’re just waiting for literally every instrustion. She goes like scan it for the quiz. I scan it then sit there for few minutes day dreaming  while everyone’s doing the quiz. She goes like “shevaun have you finished already”. And I was like oh shit e doing the quiz now lol.  Right doppy
    Aha, I didn’t realise we had to do it then either 😂
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    I’m in bed by 10pm anyway lol 😂 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    GreenTea said:

I'd still be able to go out 😂 police never walk along the river
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    Think we had about 4, 50 min training sessions spread over the 8 weeks x
    Oohh that makes sense as to why she said 8 weeks then! Thank god it’s not 8 of them lol
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    GreenTea said:

I doubt they can manage our freedom in such way 😂 underfunded police force won't have enough people to do shit all 😂