Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    Hey :/
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hey :/

Hey you ok?
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    I admit I've not done everything perfectly, I've not stuck to every rule 100% of the time, but I've really tried and I think the majority of people are the same. 

But when lockdown was first slightly lifted I was really not in a good mental place and at that time going out helped (and getting hammered brought some funny memories haha)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I think anyone would be lying if they said they 100% followed the lockdown rules. A few times I didn't, for the sake of my mental health
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah same. I think everyone broke the rule at some point 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    And I don’t think need to have mental illness to be the excuse. Everyone has mental health and we all need to sometimes keep our sanity
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @independent_
    Got any new music you've come across at all?
  • Options
    I do know of some people who are being really judgy of anyone who's ever broken the rules. I can understand that attitude if people are having huge house parties but sometimes we do have to prioritise ourselves even for a moment. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options

• Options
    @GreenTea I haven't actually, really hope I find some soon aha because haven't had any new favourite music for ages. 
  • Options
    I want to go to London on my birthday but don’t think my sisters will want to 💩 
  • Options
    I do know of some people who are being really judgy of anyone who's ever broken the rules. I can understand that attitude if people are having huge house parties but sometimes we do have to prioritise ourselves even for a moment. 

My housemate had a house party and played the mental health card lololol she lost that argument very quickly and said some pretty shitty stuff about people with mental illness and that she was using it as an excuse to see friends... 
    I was like... Just go for a walk with them?!?
  • Options
    @GreenTea I haven't actually, really hope I find some soon aha because haven't had any new favourite music for ages. 

Same. I feel lost and trying to find new music hahah what you listened to recently?
  • Options
    The lyrics have been changing when I have been listening to music recently. They tell me suicidal and teiggering tbings. I don’t usually hear things tho. It’s only been with music recently so not listening to much atm
  • Options
    I need to find some new films to watch too lol. Feel like I've watched everything on Netflix
  • Options
    I hate when people blatantly use it as an excuse. Most people who actually struggle a lot with their mental health don't do it like that. You do not need a massive house party to improve your mental health.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    GreenTea said:
    I need to find some new films to watch too lol. Feel like I've watched everything on Netflix
    Watch two days left to live. It’s good
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I hate when people blatantly use it as an excuse. Most people who actually struggle a lot with their mental health don't do it like that. You do not need a massive house party to improve your mental health.

Literallyyyy lol. 
  • Options
    I feel the same with netflix. Watched everything I'd have an interest in. 

Tbh I just like songs, if I like a song I'll listen to it. Really like James Bay's new song called Chew on My Heart 
  • Options
    I can message you some Spotify playlists @independent_ ? Not sure if you will like what I listen to but up to you
  • Options
    I feel the same with netflix. Watched everything I'd have an interest in. 

Tbh I just like songs, if I like a song I'll listen to it. Really like James Bay's new song called Chew on My Heart 

Yep and Netflix is really slow at putting out more things lol
  • Options
    Has anyone else heard lyrics changing telling you to kill yourself? And saying triggering stuff ?
  • Options
    That'd be great @GreenTea I'd love to hear them!
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Has anyone else heard lyrics changing telling you to kill yourself? And saying triggering stuff ?
    Tbh with the more sad songs I listen to that depends on how im feeling when I listen to them how i interpret the lyrics @Shaunie
  • Options
    @independent_
    I shall look and send you some!! Hopefully you'll like it haha. I find it really chill and normally have it on in the background!
  • Options
    My playlists are so random it's actually funny 
  • Options
    It’s not even with sad songs. It’s any songs that I know the lyrics for and I know it’s in my head. But they’re first singing the lyrics then it goes to same voice but slightly different saying not what the lysis are suppose to be 
  • Options
    I have some already created ones I searched for that I love lol I'll send you them in a bit. Just gonna sort out my laundry 😂
  • Options
    Oh @Shaunie that makes sense, I don't think I've had that happen but I definitely read lyrics differently depending on how I feel. 

To be fair most of my songs are either really really sad or really inappropriate lol, that's what I mean by random playlists 
  • Options
    @GreenTea thank you <3 laundry is the most boring job