Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Wooo
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    Hey 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Hey 
    Hey girl, how ya doing?
  • Options
    Heyy @Salix_alba_2019 I’m just getting through. I’m as ok as I get. :) how are you 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Heyy @Salix_alba_2019 I’m just getting through. I’m as ok as I get. :) how are you 
    *Hugs a big hug* Keep talking x

I'm okay , just itching for a night out but I have a feeling that I won't know how to behave if I do loool, I've got that stupid Pitbull song in my head living rent-free hahaha and if I go out to the place that I have in mind, I can't guarantee that I won't just start belting it out in the middle of the street lol
  • Options
    Lol @Salix_alba_2019 have you had a night out since end of lockdown? 

And thanks for the hug. I’m really trying to keep talking just don’t like talking about it too much as don’t want to only ever talk about problems haha 
  • Options
    I have the biggest knot in my hair that I might just have to cut
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    Lol when the GP who is shit about mental health rings you about wanting to talk about my bloods results and pretty much told me not to worry there’s nothing wrong with them .... that’s for the amazing reassurance mate 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    oh no @GreenTea those are the worst, I get them so much with having curly hair lol.

Need to go to shops to get mum a birthday present. Her birthday is tomorrow!!
  • Options
    I ripped it out my hair lol. Was annoying me so I did it.

Have you been to the shop yet? 
  • Options
    yeah @GreenTea I went a while ago. We decided that for her birthday to take her out to the pub for early dinner. We're just back, was lovely
  • Options
    Cool. Glad to hear. 
  • Options
    How are you @GreenTea?
  • Options
    Tired and frustrated. You?
  • Options
    @GreenTea oh no <3 hugs. 

Im ok. I'm actually tired too lol, but not like the tired where I could go to bed lol 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
    Hiya
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Hey @Shaunie how are you?
  • Options
    Tired how are you?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Not too bad @Shaunie thanks what you been up to today?
  • Options
    Not too bad @Shaunie thanks what you been up to today?
    Mostly sleeping. How about you?
  • Options
    Watching call the cops on channel 4. Makes you realise how stressful and truamarising suicidal calls are for them. Episode 2 really hit hard
  • Options
    @GreenTea oh no <3 hugs. 

Im ok. I'm actually tired too lol, but not like the tired where I could go to bed lol 

Aww bless ya, maybe some self care to help wind down?
  • Options
    @Shaunie not much, went out for dinner for mum's birthday (tomorrow) which was nice :) 

@GreenTea I really should, I'm just pretty much permanently tired by this point aha. I probably won't sleep till 1 or 2 that's just the routine im in aha. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Aw enjoy!

i don’t know what city to go to on my birthday to do some clothes shopping. Any idea?
     It has to have a primark
  • Options
    @Shaunie I'm afriad I can't help as I live up in Scotland and have no idea which cities down south have a primark haha ;) hope you find somewhere nice though. When's your birthday?
  • Options
    Same @independent_ I'm always tried physically and mentally 😂😂😉 how you getting on?
  • Options
    @GreenTea honestly same that mental exhaustion is worse than physically being tired. I can't even think straight most of the time at this point aha. 
  • Options
    @GreenTea honestly same that mental exhaustion is worse than physically being tired. I can't even think straight most of the time at this point aha. 

Same. I'm at a point where I forget basic things. Like yesterday I went to work without my keys and water bottle and didn't notice until I couldn't get in at the end of the day
  • Options
    @GreenTea I'm like that too and I forget conversations. For example trying to tell someone what another person said two minutes ago. 
  • Options
    Same! Haha

Supposed to be going Birmingham this weekend but it's only a few cases away from a complete local lockdown. So guess that idea is out the window