Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    I've saved £100. since lockdown. From the 200 I get a month 😂😂normally have nothing left so that's something!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Save your money to do nice things! So much more worth it then clothes! 

• Options
    I'm careful where I buy clothes now tbh. I refuse to fund oversea sweatshops!
  • Options
    I love fashion too much. Watch YouTube hauls on clothes! Have no one to do nice things with   except teddy 😂 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    @GreenTea that’s been what I’ve been doing at the moment, it’s not as if I’m going anywhere so I don’t really need new stuff. After lockdown it’ll be nice to go and get a few new things though. But in lockdown I felt there wasn’t really a need.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    I love fashion too much. Watch YouTube hauls on clothes! Have no one to do nice things with   except teddy 😂 
    Teddy is enough 😆
  • Options
    It would be primark but feel like it's a rule to not go to where you work. So never go ha. I used to like h&m but getting bit disappointing recently. I like boohoo. pretty little thing &asos
  • Options
    @Shaunie fair enough if you work there, they just have so many good prices. I do like leggings from there.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Honestly I can't wait to go and make memories. This whole thing has made me appreciate making memories over things I'll only use a few times
  • Options
    Cannae relate 🤣 top man, asos or jd for me 😂😂
  • Options
    Anyway why you are all here. 
    Evil apple tonight? Agree if you want to play, download the app and I'll send the code at 6:30
  • Options
    @GreenTea I completely agree. It’s made me appreciate the most normal thing.

@Liam my nephew loves JD. He’s exceptionally hard to buy for so I get him JD vouchers nowadays!
  • Options
    What’s evil apple @GreenTea ?
  • Options
    I appreciate my family and friends a lot more. I appreciate being outside more. I appreciate my job more
  • Options
    Yeah do cheap. I go all the way to corby or somewhere to just go primak lol. They have a good mascara. Can not wait until can go on train or bus to different centre. Ended up with so much shit from primal half I never look at again 😂
  • Options
    Cards against humanity but through an app so you can play with friends or people all over the world!
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Primark is my life aside from that if i want to treat myself i go to damage society!

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    I don't agree with Primark. It's all sweatshop and that environment doesn't pay much to the workers 
  • Options
    Don’t think I’ve ever been in primark but think mams bought me a polo from there before 
  • Options
    I'd rather support places where money goes to the workers rather than the company
  • Options
    @GreenTea definitely! I appreciate being free to go wherever, whenever to see whoever a lot more. And not having to stay 2m apart would be very nice right now.

Have to say though I don’t mind people not coming right up to me all the time on the street or in shops. I’ll keep that part of social distancing aha.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Defo not best environment for workers but there are worse jobs. Ain't to bad
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,814 Master Poster
    I managed to very stupidly bruise part of my right leg (the fat part.) This morning me and my classmates were spying on everyone through the window of the classroom.  I was standing on some pipe stuff and then I fell and whacked the fat part of my leg on a table. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Shops should never have opened lol. You can do clothes shops online. 
    Animal sanctuarys should of been put first lol
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I swore and it hurt. One of my classmates said to me "Language Kasa!" She noticed I was in pain so she asked if I was okay. I laughed it off at the time. Something funny had happened just before.  A teacher got lost on the way round as we have to go a different route to class now. She accidentally walked into a construction area. A classmate had to run downstairs and show her the way. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Positive thread please kasa!
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    @GreenTea agreed i've been able to stray away lately now i get more money, i stick to charity shops for the most part finding leggings in my size is tricky so thats all i buy new 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Defo not best environment for workers but there are worse jobs. Ain't to bad

There is no worse environment than over crowded sweatshops where children and adults work for a tiny amount of money
  • Options
    Love a good charity shop!! So many good finds! 
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Positive thread please kasa!
    Sorry. It was funny though with what happened with one of the teachers getting lost.