Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Hey, I finished my tap class about 30 mins ago, was so good think I’m gonna book another one in to keep progressing!! Super duper fun. And @independent_ everyone and anyone can dance!! Doesn’t matter what it looks like it’s all just about having fun xx
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Aftenoon Aidan! 

I really haven't done much coursework i swear i have awful attention span haha

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    I love redbull @GreenTea, used to drink way too much of the stuff a while back. Now that I’m at home all the time I just drink coffee. I’m tempted now aha.

Good afternoon @Aidan!

Oh @Starlight, that sounds great. And trust me I really really really can’t dance! Like...really :joy: 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I’ve literally forgotten about all my drama coursework and stuff and just been dancing, it keeps my mind of things and that’s what I wanna do when I’m older, but now I’ve gotta catch up with drama so I don’t fail the course ahaha oops 

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Home timeee
  • Options
    EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    @GreenTea I just found some on Amazon and some random websites
  • Options
    Ahh cool. I so need them haha
  • Options
    @Starlight ooh, so you like drama too? What sort of coursework do you have to do for drama.

@EGM I need these cool things in my life. It’s too hot. 

It’s now thundering here!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Yeah @independent_ I wanna do performing arts, the course I’m doing is a level 3 diploma in performing arts but the teachers are drama teachers and we’re being forced to follow the drama path although I would have picked mt or dance if it was my choice cos those are my mains. My sixth forms really small so I’m just making do aha. The coursework is mostly research based right now because we’re kinda between units so there isn’t actually that much we can do but I’ve done nothing so need to sort that out ahaha 

• Options
    Thunder buddy!
  • Options
    Ooh that’s interesting @Starlight, sorry if I’m being dim but what’s MT? What you researching?

I studied music when I was at school it was good but I don’t play anything since I’ve left. 
  • Options
    @GreenTea is it loud there? I have music on super loud so I can’t hear mine anymore?
  • Options
    Oh sorry @independent_ I always forget who I’m talking too aha, mt is musical theatre I usually try not to abbreviate aha

I think I’m supposed to be researching Bertolt Brecht and Frantic Assembly. But I’m not 100% sure I haven’t spoken to my drama teacher in 3 months since just after school closed and she hasn’t set work in well over 2 months aha

• Options
    I need to go do a food shop but I've come home and sat down so like now I don't have motivation and the weather is shit and I don't drivr
  • Options
    @Starlight oh makes sense now lol. Could you maybe still email your teacher if you’re struggling with it? When’s it to be in.

@GreenTea oh the struggle is real! We in theory need to go to the big shop too but we’ve decided we’re going to hide in the house instead and maybe go to the little shop up the road in a few hours. It’s started absolutely pissing down and thundering very loud - not leaving this house!
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    edited June 2020
    Hi (edit over wrong thread
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @independent_
    Sometimes the best way to do it!
    Food shopping is really difficult for me but I haven't been in like 2 weeks lol got to sort myself out!
  • Options
    @GreenTea we used to get deliveries before lockdown...not anymore there’s still absolutely no slots. Not a single one in the next 3 weeks. 
  • Options
    @independent_
    I've been staying up till stupid hours to get slots when they get posted but literally never got sny
  • Options
    @GreenTea we had to stop trying, it was just too busy. Even my elderly neighbour had to wait 3 weeks for a slot and when his delivery came half the stuff was missing. Thankfully he’s got people who can help him with his shopping so he doesn’t have to go himself (he’s about 87).
  • Options
    @independent_ ah bless him. This whole situation has opened up peoples hearts to help others!
  • Options
    I think it’s brought out the best in a lot of people, and certainly around here a real community spirit.

Has brought out the worst in a minority of people though which is a shame.
  • Options
    Yes it has!
    I just hope the positive things carry on when this is all over
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @independent_ Don't really want to have to email her, I could but 1 she has no clue what shes doing and 2 Im still struggling with what happened on my last proper day at school with her, I wont go into details but its part of the reason Im not going back into school now even though the school are trying to get year 12 back in for special classes. So yeah don't really wanna email her aha. Also I don't think we have an actual deadline, like I said she doesn't really care so Im guessing just for when we are back at school. Aha

• Options
    Me too, I hope people especially continue to look out for the elderly and the vulnerable and be more considerate in places like shops. It’s great :)
  • Options
    I really can't be bothered to go shopping
  • Options
    @Starlight that makes a lot of sense actually, fair enough you don’t want to. It’s good that you’re not having to work to a deadline as such though -deadlines I find are the worst aha because I procrastinate until just before it then I get stressed aha.
  • Options
    Yeah @independent_ I laugh but its not great to be honest. And yeah im so glad we don't have a proper deadline cos that would just make it worse. Im up to date with my maths course I think though. And I've finished with my further maths as just gotta wait and see what I get on results day (should be a A or B i hope)

• Options
    Someone go shopping for me? Ha
  • Options
    Sorry @GreenTea dont dare go in the shops at the moment aha