Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    edited June 2020
    Ahh that sounds like a pretty chill plan @independent_ . Ive gotta do my daily gratitude and then im gonna try and do one of my goals for next week, to make a list of things that are good and supportive in my life. I also have a few articles I have to read. But probably gonna keep on here aswell while i do those things, so ill be around for a while aha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    sleep well @GreenTea <3

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,667 Legendary Poster
    Sleep well @GreenTea!! :)

@Starlight that sounds like a nice plan, I might watch something on TV too. This is just my life now aha. It's pretty chill but also not.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Yeah same to be honest @independent_ but its only chill because I don't do half of my school work aha

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    It’s still so hot tonight 😟
  • Options
    @Liam I know right! It's boiling! My fan isn't helping at all!!!!!!!

@Starlight I've actually finished for the summer now, not hopeful for getting back in for another year though but that's not a convo for here aha.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    It is boiling @Liam !! 

Ooh lucky you @independent_ my school are starting online classes next week, bit late I think so far we've only been sent work via email but had no classes per say but now they want video call classes!? really school?? Im super stressed and anxious about them but ahh well got worse things to worry about I guess ahaha

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Quite hot here tonight! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Its really hot in room but I cant open my window currently cos next doors scaffolding is blocking it from opening properly :disappointed_relieved: 

• Options
    I’ve gone into the spare lounge because there’s a big window in there . Think I might stay in here tonight because my room is too hot . Steve can have my bed 🤣
  • Options
    Ahaha thats nice of you @Liam and yeah that sounds good escape the hotness!! 

• Options
    @Starlight I could open my windows but I also can't because I have a very real but irrational fear of bugs coming in and landing on me during the night... I wouldn't actually be able to sleep if it was open.

@Liam oh that sounds good then. Our back living room is the coldest room in the house, but I can't sleep in there because the sofa is not confortable. The ordinary living room is even warmer than my room. 
  • Options
    Aww @independent_ that doesn't sound good hope its not too warm for you to sleep though

• Options
    @Starlight nope, it's not fun. I have to balance between too hot to sleep and too scared of bugs to sleep. That's why I have a fan aha. Mind you that's just blowing out warm air at the moment haha. Goodness knows how I'm gonna sleep. I haven't even tried yet. Last night I went to bed at midnight and didn't sleep till 3am!! Haha
  • Options
    @independent_ Awww bless you, i hate not being able to sleep its one of the worst things, got my sleepy body lotion coming from lush sometime this week though aha I really hope it works aha

• Options
    @Starlight what does that do? Is it like an essential oil of some sort? I saw a few people (can't remember who, was it @Liam??) talking about it earlier on in the thread.
  • Options
    Yeah Elle. Stephanie got us all ordering it the other night lol
  • Options
    Ooooh, it was you! I thought it might have been you but wasn't sure haha. 

I'm curious now. What is it.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah I spent £20 on that stuff @liam aha Its lavender its supposed to help sleep and its got loads of really good reviews so I hope it helps @independent_

• Options
    Looks good @Liam, you'll have to tell me the answer to my most important question when you get it though... does it smell nice? I haven't had anything from Lush in years!
  • Options
    I hope it works @Starlight ! And Elle I cannot stand the smell of lavender so hopefully it smells nothing like it 🤣
  • Options
    @Liam I hate lavender too, if it smells like that I couldn't use it either aha. I don't get how people find lavender relaxing. You'll have to let me know what it smells like.
  • Options
    @Starlight oooh just seen it is Lavender! Oh no! I don't like that smell aha! 
  • Options
    Ohh I love the smell of lavender!! I really hope it works though aha

• Options
    Oh🤣🤣 that’s 20 squid down the drain. I hate lavender it makes me sneeze 😅
  • Options
    I don't like a lot of strong or floral smells.

One time my dad bought my mum some lilies for Valentines day and a combination of the smell and my hayfever meant I had to avoid the area they were in for about 3 days aha!!
  • Options
    @Liam me tooo! with the lilies mentioned above I was basically allergic to the dining room!
  • Options
    @independent_ I don’t understand how people like the smell of flowers. I think they smell like wet grass 🤣😂
  • Options
    @Liam I couldn't agree more! I will never understand. A lot of people like the smell of freshly cut grass too, I don't mind the smell but freshly cut grass also makes me sneeze!