Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    Guyssss which scrunchie for today 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    Also @GreenTea
    i said I will remove when I remember and I do. But this is @The Mix
    problem not mine and everyone else has to deal with it too
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    @GreenTea
    i literally did just remove it. 
    I removed the a so you shouldn’t of got a notification 

You didn't remove it because I still got a notification. Please remove my tag if you are not acknowledging me 
    You literally would not get an notification because you are not greente no one is
     but ok
    It still has me tagged and I did get a notification. I go for a few minutes and come back to 5 Notifications, one from you. I've asked you nicely so many times now. I don't know what else I am supposed to do?
  • Options
    Guyssss which scrunchie for today 

Grey one on the far left

I like that one. It's nice
  • Options
    I’ve also said many times and will do it when I remember. The site never used to be like this so I still forgot it tags people. 
    It’s something everyone gets.... and just have to ignore. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @independent_
    Watching anything new?
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,650 Legendary Poster
    @GreenTea not at the moment, have been listening to a lot of music lately aha.

What season of Greys Anatomy are you on now?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @GreenTea not at the moment, have been listening to a lot of music lately aha.

What season of Greys Anatomy are you on now?

Ahh fair enough.
    I'm on season 6 lol slowly but surely getting there.
    Season 5 had an extremely sad ending 
  • Options
    I actually didn’t know about the quote tags until this thread, it’s strange that that triggers a notification but quoting itself doesn’t. That’d be really useful is actually quoting someone triggered a notification so that people could know when they were quoted without having to use tags all the time which would limit this problem 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I actually didn’t know about the quote tags until this thread, it’s strange that that triggers a notification but quoting itself doesn’t. That’d be really useful is actually quoting someone triggered a notification so that people could know when they were quoted without having to use tags all the time which would limit this problem 

Yep. I get excited when I get a tag thinking someone is talking to me and I'm all ready to reply, when it's not the case it's really deflating aha.that's my anxiety for you
  • Options
    Yeah before the boards moved to vanilla it used to tag people in quotes and never tagged people who was in the quotes. 

Bit annoying but just one of those things. Just have to ignore it when do get the notification  as hard to remember when we are focused on replying to someone hard to remember about tags aswell
  • Options
    @GreenTea oh no I don’t like sad endings :( maybe I watch too much lighthearted TV aha 
  • Options
    @GreenTea oh no I don’t like sad endings :( maybe I watch too much lighthearted TV aha 

I cried a lot lol. I need lighthearted today. I'm still completely thrown by frozen 2 😂 how could they do that to people
  • Options
    I get what you mean @GreenTea I get all excited when I get tagged in something and it’s also one of the only things I have email notifications on for, so I also get an email and get all excited lol
  • Options
    This is why I don't qoute if there's other people tag because I know others are like me and get all excited lol.
    If multiple people are tagged I just tag and respond and not qoute. 
  • Options
    I haven’t even seen frozen 2 and all I’ve got stuck in my head is “into the unknown into the unnnkoowwwnnnn
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    My brain only focuses on one thing at a time tbh. And that would be replying to people ahh. I will try to remember for future but I keep forgetting 
  • Options
    @GreenTea I usually just tag and respond either way, occasionally quote if I’m on my phone when I’m out and don’t have much time aha. I remember on the old boards when quoting sent a notification too, but I’ve asked about it before and apparently it’s not possible here. 
  • Options
    I haven’t even seen frozen 2 and all I’ve got stuck in my head is “into the unknown into the unnnkoowwwnnnn

It's really dramatic but it's really good, had a moment of sadness but it was all ok in the end!
  • Options
    Ah fair enough. Yh I just qoute if it's like one person lol like I did just now with Millie. Because I know others on here have mentioned the pings in qoutes annoyed them when it wasn't for them before.  Like 100 pages ago lol
  • Options
    Okay I think we can all agree we’re trying our hardest to Remeber to remove someone’s tag if we’ve used a quote and not answering them .. sometimes we may forget and that’s okay and let’s leave it at that 
  • Options
    Aha I watched the first frozen soooooo many times with my niece and my neighbours kids the songs got right in my head 
  • Options
    Lol I worked in a nursery when the first one came out and it's all the kids wanted to listen to..the soundtracks on repeat like 8 hours a day every day lol
  • Options
    Okay I think we can all agree we’re trying our hardest to Remeber to remove someone’s tag if we’ve used a quote and not answering them .. sometimes we may forget and that’s okay and let’s leave it at that 
    Yess :)
    i will also suggest to the mix it should be an unwritten role. The same with tagging someone when you quote them. But I don’t even remmeber doing that either lol @Millie2787
    so yeah remember we try but there’s no point keep bringing it up. I am trying and I have done many times not tagged you when you’re quoted too. So let’s move on please
  • Options
    I’m so hungry this morning it’s annoying 
  • Options
    I have to get the bus now lol can not be bothered. Once I’m on the bus I don’t wanna move 
  • Options
    Yes, and also the Greatest Showman soundtrack, which is brilliant but I’ve never listened to one album so much in my life aha.
  • Options
    I’m so hungry this morning it’s annoying 

Have you had breakfast?
    It's almost lunchtime nkw
  • Options
    @Shaunie you have buses that run on Sunday’s ?!?£. 
  • Options
    What's Everyone having for lunch?
    :)