Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,618 Legendary Poster
    @Apollo I used to be like that with college, I’d stay up super late and still get up at 6. I would normally just be waking up now, I’m only up so early because mum’s gone away on a course with work and I wanted to see her off.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Oh cool hope that's fun for her, I could fall asleep on this train right now I feel
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    @Apollo it’s training on woodwork so idk what she’s doing but I think it’s to do with using certain dangerous equipment that people in workshops use. It does sound quite fun actually.

I could quite easily go back to sleep. But I’m taking the dog back to that secure dog field at 11 so I could really do with not going back to bed.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Not be ringing 111 just before 8 so I could get an out of hours dentist as I’m not registered here and because it’s just before 8 it’s defaulted to the normal 111 service and not the dental team sooo here’s me in the queue again 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @Millie2787 oh nooo hope you get through soon
  • Options
    I have a lecture at 9 🙃 @independent_
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @Millie2787 they have 30 minutes to answer you and get you an appointment then 😂 seriously I hope you get it sorted
  • Options
    I was waiting 40 minutes last night so I’m not hopeful @independent_ 🤣
  • Options
    111 is always so busy, apparently even 999 is taking a few minutes to connect at the moment when it should be instant. The NHS needs help @Millie2787
  • Options
    It’s so complicated learning the different procedures for different areas @independent_ . Like 111 here the normal one and not dental gives you an estimated wait time whereas back home you just get the flu jab message repeated a million times over
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Morning all
  • Options
    Last time I rang 111 @Millie2787 they just repeated a “are you calling about Covid-19? If so please hang up and dial XYZ number”. Must admit that was a few months ago though so it’s probably changed again. An estimated wait time would be handy.

Morning @Supernova how are you?
  • Options
    @independent_ still waiting lol
  • Options
    Hey @independent_

Like I mentioned I think I'm getting into another low period unfortunately. Just tryna pass the time I guess. Also have a cold so that's nice lol

How about yourself? Feeling any better?
  • Options
    @Millie2787 really, that’s insane. Hope you’re through now.

@Supernova oh no, sounds like you’re having a rough time of it. Sending hugs

I’m alright I think, definitely better than the other day but just a bit tired. All I have to do today is take the dog out at 11 to the field so I can chill after that. Actually I should hoover too but that can be tomorrow’s job.
  • Options
    I wish @independent_ over an hour now 🤣
  • Options
    Good morning @Supernova and good luck with the phone and your lecture @Millie2787
  • Options
    Hey @Apollo how are you?

I guess yeah @independent_ thanks. I hope you have a pleasant day regardless and I'm glad to hear you're doin a bit better.

My job for today is babysitting again, which is usually easy enough. I guess I just find myself being anxious and low again a lot lately. It feels like for me ignorance really is bliss lol because the only time I don't feel shit is when I'm not thinking about anything. :D
  • Options
    I'm alright @Supernova just finished uni for the day gonna be drawing :​)

What are you gonna be doing today?
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hi
  • Options
    Hello
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Hello
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Hello

How are you
  • Options
    Lol I went round and round in circles today to not even get antibiotics in the end
  • Options
    Hey @Shaunie how are you?

@GreenTea not too bad thanks, just very tired. How are you?

@Millie2787 oh no, really all that calling for nothing? Hope you’re ok
  • Options
    I’m good. Started on the vodka and kooperburg. You?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Shaunie ooh enjoy the drinks, I’ve got a beer here myself. Not bad just tired.Think it’ll be an early night here. Are you out at the pub?
  • Options
    Ah fun and no drinking at home today
  • Options
    @Shaunie have fun! I haven’t had a drink all week so figured I’d have a little treat. Listening to magic radio too.
  • Options
    Hurt my back so feeling sore tbh. And my boiler is still broken