Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @eleanor sleep well! Get the tissues ready 😭😝
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    Oh @GreenTea, of course you matter. You’re being hard on yourself.

Did you get your coffee?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @Eleanor goodnight, I hope you sleep well. Don’t get up too early ;) take care.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    Good morning. Wow I went to sleep and woke up just now to find 47 notifications on here! Seems like everyone was having a midnight chit chat. :)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Haha @Kasa2103 indeed we were. I deliberately didn’t bookmark this because of all the notifications (I still had lots of mentions though). How are you today?
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Liam I watched 5 minutes of Babmi, turned it off to watch Cargo and then watched an episode of Ambulance :joy:
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    I love Ambulance! Did you watch the one about the London Ambulance Service or West Midlands? London is more recent.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    @Eleanor ooooh I love ambulance, it’s awfully sad though in places. The first 2 in the new series are both really sad!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @Eleanor ooooh I love ambulance, it’s awfully sad though in places. The first 2 in the new series are both really sad!
    Did you just say new series? I haven't noticed any new series.  Last Monday (1st June) the episode with the 2 Nats was sad. I actually cried.
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    I love Ambulance! Did you watch the one about the London Ambulance Service or West Midlands? London is more recent.
    @Kasa2103 I think the new series is about the Liverpool Ambulances.
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    @Kasa2103 I think the new series is about the Liverpool Ambulances.
    Oh. Is it on Really or another channel? I have only ever watched the stuff on Really or YouTube. 
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 yes there’s a new series, you can get it on the BBC iPlayer.
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 yes there’s a new series, you can get it on the BBC iPlayer.
    Thank you so much. Definitely going to take a look.
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 not a problem at all. I love ambulance too. 

How are you today @GreenTea? Just checking up.
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 not a problem at all. I love ambulance too. 

How are you today @GreenTea? Just checking up.
    Would it be a good idea to use headphones as it has some strong language? Me and my mum usually watch Ambulance together every Monday evening and she is fine with me watching it.
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 that’s up to you, depends on whether the others in your house mind hearing it. I don’t use them as I watch it on my TV. I like how on ambulance they have footage from the 999 calls and the control room. I wanna watch more ambulance now.
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 that’s up to you, depends on whether the others in your house mind hearing it. I don’t use them as I watch it on my TV. I like how on ambulance they have footage from the 999 calls and the control room. I wanna watch more ambulance now.
    I would recommend looking at the episodes on YouTube as well. They won't be as recent but still amazing.
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 I’m gonna look at YouTube just now actually. The other one I like is called Inside the Ambulance, it’s on W (which you can only get on Sky so I can’t get it upstairs) but it might be on YouTube too.
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 I’m gonna look at YouTube just now actually. The other one I like is called Inside the Ambulance, it’s on W (which you can only get on Sky so I can’t get it upstairs) but it might be on YouTube too.
    I have seen that before.  I can only get it in the living room. Upstairs and kitchen are Freeview.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Watching Episode 2 right now. It is so sad even just after the first few minutes and seeing the description. 

The lady in her 60's with the chest infection and COPD just died. 😢 Paramedics did CPR. They had to call it.

• Options
    @Kasa2103 yes same here I’m freeview up here but I can get all the Iplayers and Netflix and things, as well as YouTube.

Yes that one is very sad. I’m watching one on YouTube just now, one of the London ones.
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 yes same here I’m freeview up here but I can get all the Iplayers and Netflix and things, as well as YouTube.

Yes that one is very sad. I’m watching one on YouTube just now, one of the London ones.
    Going to do that after.
  • Options
    Sounds like a good plan @Kasa2103.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

A 68 year old male has been left dead on the floor for a whole week. The neighbours called the police and they did a welfare check. Found him not breathing. Police called ambulance for help checking body for signs of violence. He had also recently been diagnosed with cancer.  😢 

19 minutes into the episode and already 2 deaths, 2 overdoses, 1 faller, 1 miscarriage and 1 spiked drink case. What next? 

Majority of the patients have been female (1 female died, 1 female took an overdose, 1 female fell, 1 female had a miscarriage and 1 female had her drink spiked.)

Why does 999 put Elderly Fallers as a Category 3? Sometimes I have heard of people waiting nearly 4 hours on the floor. I get that Cardiac Arrests are more dangerous but think about your elders. Checked Google and Ambulance crews usually aim to arrive at all Category 3 calls within 2 hours. The ambulance crews get so busy so I can sympathise with that. 

• Options
    @Kasa2103 trouble is the NHS is so underfunded and so stretched, they really do have to prioritise. Being on the floor for 4 hours must be horrible for those older people though :(
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 trouble is the NHS is so underfunded and so stretched, they really do have to prioritise. Being on the floor for 4 hours must be horrible for those older people though :(
    That's true. It sounds awful. 
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 I think the one I watched was in Manchester 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 Just looked and it was Liverpool not Manchester 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Eleanor said:
    @Kasa2103 I think the one I watched was in Manchester 
    Not noticed any Manchester stuff. Only noticed West Midlands, London and Liverpool. When was the video made?
  • Options
    Eleanor said:
    @Kasa2103 Just looked and it was Liverpool not Manchester 
    Oh okay.  That would be 2019 then.