Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Saturday positive vibes

Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
We've reached the weekend, and whilst I doubt many of us will have these guys in our lives to hype us up...

https://youtu.be/1AnG04qnLqI

...we can still do things as a community to start the weekend on a positive foot. It can often feel hard to see the positives when we look at the big picture, particularly with how things are in the world right now, but if we look a bit more at the detail, there tends to be lots of awesomeness to be seen. So, to get you in this mindset, no matter how big or small your examples are, let us know your answers to the following questions:

1. What have you been grateful of in the past week?
2. What one thing are you going to do to be kind to yourself TODAY?
3. What are you most looking forward to in the next week?
FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    1. I'm grateful for all of the people who have come together to make lockdown as positive and easy as it can be!  
    2. To be kind to myself today, I am going to take a break from doing any work do as I please!
    3. I am most looking forward to it being Mental Health Awareness Week next week and being able to campaign for young people's mental health at this time! 

What about you @Ed_? :) 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Great answers @Eleanor :3 in terms of me:

1. I'm grateful to be able to see kindness happening on this community every day, and to see the progress that the people are making in their own lives. Remember, this is not always linear, but by seeking and providing support, you are taking steps forward on your journey <3

2. I have got into a pretty solid routine of walks after work and some gardening, though I think I may do something a little different today to give a bit of variety. I have a list of small things that would be nice to do when I have time, so may take on one of those. 

3. I agree on MHAW, specifically, I am looking forward to seeing how creative people get with the lyrics for the song we are making over here!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    1) greatful for my friends and the people I live with. We have had a nice week or video calls and my housemates and I are a lot closer and getting on a lot better than we originally thought because we are all so different as people.
    2) get an early night. I haven't been sleeping well so I'm going to have extra special self care routine tonight and try to get a good sleep.
    3) MHAW- looking forward to seeing creativity and other ways people raise awareness and speak up, I have a big plan for my twitter which I'm excited about. 
    Also going into work next week to re decorate. Brilliant time to do it, take advantage of the lack of people and get creative!
  • Options
    Nice plans/retrospectives @GreenTea :+1: Sounds like a good combination of jobs that need to get done whilst also being a good escapism task with the creative elements!

@Mike will definitely agree with the importance of sleep in a self care routine!

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,309 Part of The Furniture
    Yeah if I don't get a good 8-9 hours sleep I feel like death. :tongue:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Mike said:
    Yeah if I don't get a good 8-9 hours sleep I feel like death. :tongue:
    I've been getting 4-6 hours a night recently. I'm beyond exhausted to the point I shake when I go to do things!
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    1. What have you been grateful of in the past week?
    The discord group I'm in, keeps me social and we have lots of laughs 🌹

2. What one thing are you going to do to be kind to yourself TODAY?
    I listened to some Spotify with a cuppa and zoned out :)

3. What are you most looking forward to in the next week?
    Maths an English lessons end next week I'm buzzing for that! And as always, buzzing for chat :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    1. What have I been grateful for 
    Am amazing teacher who has really helped me get through this year at college who told us she’s got a new job so won’t be back in September. She’s allowed me extra time on assignment when I need it and explained things to me in a way I understand.

2. I’ve just got home from a morning shift at work (and I did a 14 hour shift yesterday ) so I’m going to have a nap and then do some more painting.

3. It’s my neices 5th birthday on Friday and we’re going to spend some time with her (socially distanced of course ) before I go to work in the afternoon.
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I missed these @Laine & @Millie2787 - but always awesome to stumble back across some lovely positive vibes. Not going to lie, Laine, I first read your thing you were looking forward to were Maths and English lessons and I wasn't quite sure how to respond to that :lol:

It's awesome to hear how supportive your teacher has been @Millie2787 - this kindness and support with learning are the memories that stick with you forever. Hope the birthday goes well today!

All this positive stories despite lockdown would go really well with the song we are writing over here - make sure you head over and drop in your thoughts ;) 

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Ahhhh @Ed_ clearly I can’t count as turns out her birthday is Wednesday 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Whoops! All the days are merging into one for me at the moment, so it's understandable :lol: