Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Writing a song with a professional band!

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
edited May 2020 in Creative Corner
We are really excited to let you know that George from a band called Pink Lemonade will be joining our community throughout Mental Health Awareness week, to work with you all to write a song. He did this with his YouTube community recently and we loved how it turned out, so we are excited to see what you all come up with!

We will let George (@PinkLemonade) introduce how you can get involved in stage one of the song writing process:

https://youtu.be/hNUFw7B6QWg

George will be popping up in this thread throughout next week to get things kicked off, but do start dropping ideas below as and when you have them!
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Oooo this sounds interesting 😁
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Awesome!
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,722 Master Poster
    Sounds amazing. I really would like to help it in some way. :)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • PinkLemonadePinkLemonade Posts: 9 Expert
    heya guys! really looking forward to reading your 'Legends of Lockdown' ideas and stories!

they can be silly or serious, long or short, express yourself, its all good!! :)
    Am I allowed to use a swear word in my story or should I replace it with a different word to express my emotions?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me

Sorry if this is too long or makes absolutely no sense at all. This is my first time ever helping with ideas for writing a song. It is in a spoiler by the way. If any of this is not suitable then please do let me know.

I have a story for you all. A story about a worldwide pandemic. For what we are all going through. It feels like we are living in a nightmare right now.  We all wish that tomorrow we could just wake up, check the news and see that coronavirus is all a prank. (Yes yes yes yes yes.) But it is all no no no no no. Coronavirus is very real and everyone is a victim. One way or another. We cannot escape. It's gonna gonna gonna gonna get us. Mental Health issues can be a consequence of coronavirus as well as Physical Health issues. Physical health is the priority but mental health is still very significantly an issue. Even if people have been "lucky" to not catch the coronavirus. It is not lucky but it is also not unlucky. Coronavirus does not give a single darn care about who you are. Young. Old. Female. Male. Transgender. Penguin. Anyone can get it and anyone can spread it. Anxiety. Depression. Angerrrrrrrr. Sadness. Paniccccccccccc! These are some emotions that coronavirus can trigger. The actual illness might be the most significant thing right now. But there are many other issues related to it. Lockdown. Social Distancing. Politics. They are all significant topics that are in the news. It is so damn annoying. We have to physically stay apart. We're losing our minddddddddds. Woah!  It's our Corona. We are the innocent victims! Why us? Come on Trump! Come on Bojo! You might be thick but even Donald Duck knows better. And he is a duckkkkkkk! Come on Legends. We are the Lockdown Legends! 

i will be on here at 9 TONIGHT if you guys want to talk to me in real time! excited to read all your creative lyrics and stories!  :) 

- George
    Sounds good. :)
  • DistractionDistraction Posts: 433 Listening Ear

Positives:

I like to see cars in driveways and people out on their bikes, I like that neighbours who have never spoken to each other finally start up a conversation, I like how pollution is on the decrease and how we can take some time out to look after ourselves, explore new hobbies and realise all stuff we took for granted before this happened, I love seeing the kindness in people coming out and looking after one another

Negatives:

It is very stressful thinking of the future and what is has in store. Being in education is tough, finding it hard to concentrate and course work being late. Will we pass college/uni? And for those applying will they be able to start college/uni? Are jobs safe? Family’s that find it hard to get along are confined in four walls, if you’re in an abusive relationship whether it be to a partner, parent, sibling, cousin, so on, there’s nowhere brake from it, months of hell, alone and isolated

(It’s hard to escape your mind when you can’t even escape your house)

Heya guys! I'm here haha woo! we can make this a bit of an AMA.. ill be here until about 10!

you guys are so creative! love reading these. wow. 

if you guys could pass on one piece of advice to someone during this time, what would it be? 

feel free to ask me any questions! ill do my best to pass on any wisdom (yeah right) that i have! haha

xxx
    Kasa2103 said:

Sorry if this is too long or makes absolutely no sense at all. This is my first time ever helping with ideas for writing a song. It is in a spoiler by the way. If any of this is not suitable then please do let me know.

I have a story for you all. A story about a worldwide pandemic. For what we are all going through. It feels like we are living in a nightmare right now.  We all wish that tomorrow we could just wake up, check the news and see that coronavirus is all a prank. (Yes yes yes yes yes.) But it is all no no no no no. Coronavirus is very real and everyone is a victim. One way or another. We cannot escape. It's gonna gonna gonna gonna get us. Mental Health issues can be a consequence of coronavirus as well as Physical Health issues. Physical health is the priority but mental health is still very significantly an issue. Even if people have been "lucky" to not catch the coronavirus. It is not lucky but it is also not unlucky. Coronavirus does not give a single darn care about who you are. Young. Old. Female. Male. Transgender. Penguin. Anyone can get it and anyone can spread it. Anxiety. Depression. Angerrrrrrrr. Sadness. Paniccccccccccc! These are some emotions that coronavirus can trigger. The actual illness might be the most significant thing right now. But there are many other issues related to it. Lockdown. Social Distancing. Politics. They are all significant topics that are in the news. It is so damn annoying. We have to physically stay apart. We're losing our minddddddddds. Woah!  It's our Corona. We are the innocent victims! Why us? Come on Trump! Come on Bojo! You might be thick but even Donald Duck knows better. And he is a duckkkkkkk! Come on Legends. We are the Lockdown Legends! 

this is amazing! this is giving me a lot of inspiration i love it! Donald Duck hahaha.
    I seen somewhere on the internet that we could use this time to change who we want to be. So instead of not liking things about yourself, change the little things that would make you feel better (if it's healthy to, not all things we want to do are good for you) 

Ask yourself who do you want to be after lockdown? The same person (also good if you like who you are) or someone different. 

Personally I want learn the violin and have much better time management (It's not easy, by far) but why not try, I have the time right, well after college work is done 

Question: Will you post the song on here after you made it? Would be nice to see   
    Kasa2103 said:

this is amazing! this is giving me a lot of inspiration i love it! Donald Duck hahaha.
    Thank you. Donald Duck is better at anything politics related. In primary school everyone got asked who the president of the USA was (early 2017) and we all said Donald Duck because we hate Trump

Positives:

I like to see cars in driveways and people out on their bikes, I like that neighbours who have never spoken to each other finally start up a conversation, I like how pollution is on the decrease and how we can take some time out to look after ourselves, explore new hobbies and realise all stuff we took for granted before this happened, I love seeing the kindness in people coming out and looking after one another

Negatives:

It is very stressful thinking of the future and what is has in store. Being in education is tough, finding it hard to concentrate and course work being late. Will we pass college/uni? And for those applying will they be able to start college/uni? Are jobs safe? Family’s that find it hard to get along are confined in four walls, if you’re in an abusive relationship whether it be to a partner, parent, sibling, cousin, so on, there’s nowhere brake from it, months of hell, alone and isolated

(It’s hard to escape your mind when you can’t even escape your house)

That sounds amazing. 
    I seen somewhere on the internet that we could use this time to change who we want to be. So instead of not liking things about yourself, change the little things that would make you feel better (if it's healthy to, not all things we want to do are good for you) 

Ask yourself who do you want to be after lockdown? The same person (also good if you like who you are) or someone different. 

Personally I want learn the violin and have much better time management (It's not easy, by far) but why not try, I have the time right, well after college work is done 

Question: Will you post the song on here after you made it? Would be nice to see   
    thats so lovely! you can play violin on one of our songs one day!!?

and yeah we will be posting the song definitely, i might post an update video of maybe how its sounding half way and you guys tell me what you think? how does that sound!

xx
    Sounds like a great idea. It could appear really funny. Or serious. Either way it will be amazing.
    You might be waiting a while haha, but could you imagine?! My aim is to play it but with a twist, maybe like rock or something up beat you know? I can't wait for the day I get it perfect.

that would be ace, looking forward to hearing it  =) 
  • ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    This seems like it's coming along really nicely! We have quite a few days left for additional ideas if anymore of you want to drop in here and get some ideas rolling!
    Just stay calm and take a deep breath. Look at the future. What do you see? This lockdown will end. You will return to work or education. 
  • AngelAngel Posts: 39 Boards Initiate
    where all in this together guys, lets support each other
  • SandyDaze12SandyDaze12 Posts: 10 Settling in
    Resilience is built into us. We'll get through this.
    I'm just doing my best, dammit! Is that good enough for you?
    ...Will it ever be good enough for you?
  • AngelAngel Posts: 39 Boards Initiate
    we help each other through these awful times. were strong and we will keep it that way.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I don’t really know how to put this into lyrics 😅 but I work with elderly individuals who had dementia and I spent my shift the other day going around the home painting the nails of those who wanted it done on the floor I was on and they was so grateful . There faces when I walked in with nail polish just really just said it all 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Loving all the contributions so far, think this will turn into something awesome, we also have some exiting plans for phase 2 of this project. We will announce phase 2 when we reach 50 posts on here ;)

So on this somewhat sunny saturday, have a go at answering these questions that will contribute towards our song :3

1. What does kindness mean to you?
    2. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
    3. You have 1 wish that you can use to either change the world, what would you choose?

Nominate and tag someone in the community to have a go at answering these questions next :)
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with questions or concerns.

Kindness to me means showing respect for everyone no matter who they are and it means offering help to someone who needs it.

The last thing that made me laugh was seeing one of my cats flying out of nowhere as soon as she smelt my sausage roll on Thursday.

The wish that I would use to change the world would be to have free mental health support avaliable to anyone who needs it without having a stigma against them.

Tagging @Skive @Aidan @Laine @Abigail and @letty to contribute.
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    1. What does kindness mean to you?
    Being there for people, listening to them, and sometimes not always giving them what they want but what they need. And taking care of yourself.

2. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
    Watching live streams where people come together.

3. You have 1 wish that you can use to either change the world, what would you choose?
    People start to wake up about the troubles in the world and take action.
    edited May 2020
    heya guys! little update:

ive been reading your comments and writing with them all week, they keep coming and they are amazing! 

i will be on here Saturday night from 9 filming the video for the song, so any last minute additions will be great!
    this has been a lot of fun guys cheers!

George xxxx  <3
    I have been able to release my creative side of myself during lockdown. Been working on dance, singing, drawing, sewing, gamma beads, flower making, biscuit decorating and origami. Sometimes lockdown is awful and sometimes it is not as shitty as I think. 
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Really love seeing where things have got to with this thread. Some awesome creativity! Some exciting news, George will be joining General Chat for the first half hour on Saturday to have some real time lyric creation with you all :3
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with questions or concerns.

I have learnt to just be myself and focus on schoolwork as well as the things that I love to do. Don't let a lockdown stop you from doing what you love. Always be yourself. Don't change for anyone.