Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Online shopping

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Do you think its okay to do online shopping for one unnessacary thing? I know Is allowed i just mean like is it selfish. I just want to buy a light bulb. But ain't going into shops ever again untill this is over  cause scared me ahah
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Shaunie said:
    Do you think its okay to do online shopping for one unnessacary thing? I know Is allowed i just mean like is it selfish. I just want to buy a light bulb. But ain't going into shops ever again untill this is over  cause scared me ahah

If you need a light bulb, get one. All delivery services have a procedure in place to keep themselves safe and you safe.
    For example Amazon delivery have knocked on my door, left it outside the door and waited at the end of the drive for someone to stick Thier head out.
    Dpd knocked on the door, because you can't sign anymore, asked for my name from a distance and then I had to step away from the door so he could put the parcel in the door and take a photo of it. 

They will do what they can to keep you and themselves safe!
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    It's not selfish at all 😊 if you need one, order one! Everyone is doing their best to keep safe, so who ever delivers it isn't putting themselves at risk 😊❤️
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @Shaunie

I don't think it's selfish, I would say light bulbs are a necessary item as we all need light 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I agree that light bulbs are fairly necessary @Shaunie but even if they weren’t, the delivery services are still running and they’re taking safety measures, it’s not selfish.

I was wondering this too because I did order something very very unnecessary but I figured that I’m better off doing it now rather than in a few weeks when it’s all a lot worse and the lockdown could possibly be even stricter.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    No problem, get one if you need it! Delivery drivers are transporting plenty of goods at any time, so you're not adding to any 'problem' if that's what you're worried about :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Strangely enough, I ordered lightbulbs last week. =) Everyone has replied with very good responses, but also a light bulb can sometimes be essential. What if you tripped because it was too dark or something? 

also I got myself a weighted blanket, which might not seem essential but if it helps me sleep and lowers my stress levels then its definitely an essential to me :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    @Shaunie have you managed to get some lightbulbs yet?
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Ah thank you everyone! Yeah i got my Light bulbs now! Just feel bad cause my dad works at royal mail and there is no social distancing there. But then i asked my dad and he said to get it ah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    @Eyepatch whens your weighted blanket coming? ive got one and it's amazing! not sure if it helps with my sleep or not but definitely lowers my stress/anxiety levels :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    @BubblesGoesBoo The blanket arrived awhile ago, it took a few days to get used to sleeping under it, I kept waking up the first night. But I really like it, it’s warm and I’ve put a duvet cover on it so that it stays clean :) 
    If I stayed under it on the sofa I’d never want to get up  =)
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    @Eyepatch yeahh that's my only problem, I never want to get out of bed now :lol: are you finding it any benefit so far?
    Shaunie said:
    Ah thank you everyone! Yeah i got my Light bulbs now! Just feel bad cause my dad works at royal mail and there is no social distancing there. But then i asked my dad and he said to get it ah

Good to hear you got some lightbulbs!
    @Eyepatch yeahh that's my only problem, I never want to get out of bed now :lol: are you finding it any benefit so far?

I don’t wake up in the night so often and I feel better when I do wake up :) and my feet stay warm haha. How about you? 
    yeahh same here @Eyepatch I also find when I just want to hide away for a bit I curl up under it and it calms me down, it's like my comforter :lol:
    My older sister is buying a lot of online stuff like paint and stuff and home stuff to do. Do you think its okay to? 
    Never mind I've got the answer now. Buy whatever you want. We are all going to go insane if we don't have distraction and don't treat ourself. And that is just as essential as food.  & Tbh it's there job and won't have one other wise
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Well with all of us stuck inside @Shaunie a lot of people are gonna be relying on online shopping for all kinds of things so I'd try not to worry too much about it. Big companies like Amazon or Royal Mail have a lot of health and safety protocols in place at the moment so it's very unlikely that you'd be in danger from ordering things. Probably best to avoid buying things from independent sellers for the time being though, that's what I'm doing.
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Why independent sellers? @Riley
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Just because if it's someone selling stuff on their own there's less scrutiny and less official policies in place. It's a shame because smaller businesses are the ones really taking a hit at the moment but if you can't guarantee your safety it's best to avoid them.