Home Travel & Free Time
Want to discuss Coronavirus/COVID-19? Head to the dedicated subforum .

Playlist Challenge #5

Jade09Jade09 EnglandPosts: 447 Moderator
edited January 5 in Travel & Free Time
Hey Everyone!

I hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year, It's time for another Playlist Challenge! 

The theme for this month is going to be...

Change

These songs can represent resolutions, anything thats going to be different this year or just generally anything than shows change in a positive light! 

Thank you to @Skive for the suggestion, and if anyone would like to suggest a theme for future playlists then you can find that thread here :) 
joya

Comments

• SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,071 I eat threads for breakfast
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,071 I eat threads for breakfast
    Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PivWY9wn5ps

And of course The Scorpions - Wind Of Change.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4RjJKxsamQ

Remember loving this an 10 year old and being capitvated by the subject matter - the fall of the iron curtain. I remember watching people knocking down the Berlin Wall on live TV.
    Jade09
  • Ed_Ed_ Posts: 185 Staff Moderator
    edited January 13
    Roo Panes - Cub

As you can tell from my signature, I have a lot of time for Roo Panes, particularly lyrically, this song is a nice one around self-confidence and growth, which feels like a good match for the theme :3
    "You've just got to carry what you can, Have the heart of a giant but know you're a man. Start small, grow tall."
    Little Giant ~ Roo Panes
    Jade09
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,203 Ultimate Poster
    There's a nickelback song for everything 💖

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Jade09Elizabeth
  • AidanAidan Potato Posts: 1,598 Postholic
    "Here comes the sun" by the bee movie Beatles

or another MJ hit

Jade09Skive
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Lonely Ugly Disgusting Stupid Dancing Snake South EastPosts: 2,724 Mega Poster
    Waiting On The World To Change by John Mayer.

Some Things Never Change from Frozen 2.

Living And Learning by Mark and Helen Johnson.

Unconditionally by Katy Perry.

I'm sick of covering up.
    I'm tired of feeling so broken.
    I'm tired of falling in love.
    Sometimes I'm shy and I'm anxious. Sometimes I'm down on my knees. 
    So I won't wear makeup on Thursday.
    Cause who I am is enough.
    And there are many things that I could change so slightly.
    But why would I succumb to something so unlike me?
    I was always taught to just be myself. 
    Don't change for anyone.
    Jade09porsche91120
  • MikeMike Hummus-Fuelled Whovian LondonPosts: 2,173 Staff Moderator
    edited January 18
    Love the suggestions here so far, particularly Changes and Here Comes The Sun (I was going to suggest that one myself!).

Times Like These by Foo Fighters:

Blue Notes by Jose Vanders:

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Jade09
  • Jade09Jade09 EnglandPosts: 447 Moderator
    edited January 19
    Keep it coming with the awesome suggestions everyone! This months playlist is going to be great!

The link to the playlist will be available soon  :)  @Mike
  • Ed_Ed_ Posts: 185 Staff Moderator
    Just a heads up on the prize for the song that best fits the theme for this month. You can get your hands on one of our limited edition River Island t-shirts - modelled by @Mike :3There are 3 different styles of t-shirt you can choose from, so get submitting your entries!

"You've just got to carry what you can, Have the heart of a giant but know you're a man. Start small, grow tall."
    Little Giant ~ Roo Panes
    Jade09
  • _John_John Posts: 38 Cool Newbie
    edited January 23
    I'm not here to show off on who has the better song, but just want share some of mine so that I can work my way through the dawn of a new decade since I'm approaching 20 this year!

Paul Manners - Inspirational  (One of my favourites that kept me going and really underrated in my opinion. I remembered him in 2015 Britain's Got Talent on TV as a contestant, when I heard one of his songs he had made recently, this one had intrigued me.)

Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream  (I immediately fell in love with this song, back in the times when I played Forza Horizon on my Xbox 360.)

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."  - Sun Tzu
    Jade09
    Thank you for adding that in there @Ed_

Awesome @_John thank you! 

There’s still time to submit more songs before the end of the month everyone ☺️
  • joyajoya Posts: 23 Cool Newbie
    Everythingoes by RM from BTS.

It's really a great song for the rough times, take a look on the lyrics ^^

http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5iSZ7ff-i8
    everything always goes ^^
    Jade09
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling DurhamPosts: 400 Moderator
    Don't Stop by Fleetwood Mac <3
    Jade09
    Hey everyone! 

Thank you so much for your suggestions for January’s playlist challenge! 

I really enjoyed listening to all of the songs, and definitely have some new favourites added to my own personal playlist 😊

It look a lot of thought to pick the winner this month! 

But... drumroll please.... @BubblesGoesBoo congratulations on being this months winner! Your song suggestion- “What are you waiting for? by Nickelback was an awesome song choice and I really enjoyed listening to it! Keep an eye on on your inbox as @themix will be in contact with you shortly regarding your prize. 😊

Thank you again to everyone who suggested this month and I hope you have enjoyed taking part! 
    joya_JohnBubblesGoesBoo
  • MikeMike Hummus-Fuelled Whovian LondonPosts: 2,173 Staff Moderator
    Thanks everyone! You can now find this playlist here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4w4IDJbbcESKQCf0tg8AgW

Awesome to see us building a small collection. :3
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.