Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bank holiday!

2»

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Would have a nice time if my sisters didn't just sit on their phones lol. Now I have to cause I'm just staring into nothing otherwise. Lol rudee
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I didn’t get my nails done in the end but this was my henna this morning after taking the dried paste off 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    @BubblesGoesBoo Sounds like you had a really nice weekend. I hope work wasn't too busy for you yesterday :)

@Shaunie how was your evening in the end? I hope you had a nice time at the pub. :)

@Millie2787 it looks really nice! How long will it last for? 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    It was nice thank you! Once I told them to get off their phones lol.  We went to a three pubs just sitting there to drink. Cute beer garden travels lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    @Aife Ummm Will stay this colour for about 2 weeks then starts to fade :)
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    What did everyone get up to today?

I went to a museum and it was actually not as shit as I thought it would be. I bought a black feather pen and 6 beautiful gemstones with a gorgeous bag to put them in. It only cost £7 in total and it is free to enter the museum.

I also went to a shopping centre with some friends and to a shoe shop as my friend needed new school shoes. And on the way me and one of my friends were f'ing and blinding (not literally- just a lot of arguing) about where we should go for lunch. Subway was shut down as the hygiene was shit. Burger King was absolutely packed. McDonald's was not trusted due to my mum getting ill from the food. KFC was boring due to going 15 times in the summer. My friends hate Creams as a lunch choice (but how!) We ended up with our mums taking us to an amazing cafe connected to a shop. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    edited August 2019
    @Kasa2103 I'm glad to hear the museum was good! Really nice that the cafe you ended up going to was amazing. I hope you had a great day :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤