Young Carers of The Mix, we need you! Tell us about your experiences of our services and give yourself a chance to win £50 of Amazon vouchers.

MDMA

SystemSystem Posts: 8,585 Community Managers
edited April 29 in Articles

imageMDMA

What is MDMA? How does it make you feel? And is it dangerous? The Mix finds out.

Read the full story here

Comments

• prestoned24prestoned24 Posts: 1 Noob
    edited May 3
    Omg do not dab this on your gums what ridiculous advice take small amounts with water until the desired lovely mess is achieved the only thing dabing this on your gums will achieve is a mouth full of ulcers stay safe people xxx

[edited by moderator to remove all caps]
    Skive
  • MaisyMaisy CymruPosts: 212 The Mix convert
    Hi @prestoned24

Thank you for commenting!

As the article states "MDMA tightens your jaw muscles, and you may get some pretty unattractive mouth ulcers afterwards."

If you have any concerns regarding drug use, feel free to check out FRANK https://www.talktofrank.com/ for more information.

Take care,

[email protected]
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 14,994 Part of the furniture
    As mentioned above. People don't tend to 'dab' MDMA. The taste is vile.
    And it cannot be smoked either, though I'm sure poeple have tried.

The most common way to take it is in a rizla bomb. Snorting it is possible and effective but it's unpleasant and can be painful.
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Ugly Snake South EastPosts: 1,940 Postholic
    It is very useful to learn about MDMA. In drama at school I am doing a presentation with my class about a boy who died from an MDMA overdose and the whole thing is about preventing people from taking these illegal drugs.
    I have endured pain and loss. I have felt broken. I have known hardship, and I have felt lost and alone.

But here I stand, trying to move forward, one day at a time. I will remember the lessons in my life because they are making me who I am. Stronger.

A warrior. 
    Skive
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 14,994 Part of the furniture
    edited October 8
    Kasa2103 said:
    It is very useful to learn about MDMA. In drama at school I am doing a presentation with my class about a boy who died from an MDMA overdose and the whole thing is about preventing people from taking these illegal drugs.
    I think the most important thing is to give people accurate information so that if they do choose to take drugs they are in possession of information that will help reduce risk and harm.

The reality is that ecstasy (MDMA) is not especially dangerous, and most of the people who have problems using it do so because of poly-drug use, or because they haven't been given the correct information.

In this country Leah Betts is probably the most famous person ever to die after taking ecstasy, and it led to a massive campaign against the use of the drug. The reality is that she died from hyponatremia as a result of drinking too much water, something she felt she needed to do because she had read incorrect information in the media which put an emphasis on the dangers of dehydration. The wrong information can be dangerous.

This site has always been about promoting honest and accurate information - it's one of the things that attracted me to this site in the first place.