Home Articles
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

MDMA

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited April 2019 in Articles

imageMDMA

What is MDMA? How does it make you feel? And is it dangerous? The Mix finds out.

Read the full story here

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    prestoned24prestoned24 Posts: 1 Just got here
    edited May 2019
    Omg do not dab this on your gums what ridiculous advice take small amounts with water until the desired lovely mess is achieved the only thing dabing this on your gums will achieve is a mouth full of ulcers stay safe people xxx

[edited by moderator to remove all caps]
    Post edited by JustV on
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 627 Incredible Poster
    Hi @prestoned24

Thank you for commenting!

As the article states "MDMA tightens your jaw muscles, and you may get some pretty unattractive mouth ulcers afterwards."

If you have any concerns regarding drug use, feel free to check out FRANK 
    https://www.talktofrank.com/ for more information.

Take care,

Mary-Ellen@TheMix
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    As mentioned above. People don't tend to 'dab' MDMA. The taste is vile.
    And it cannot be smoked either, though I'm sure poeple have tried.

The most common way to take it is in a rizla bomb. Snorting it is possible and effective but it's unpleasant and can be painful.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    It is very useful to learn about MDMA. In drama at school I am doing a presentation with my class about a boy who died from an MDMA overdose and the whole thing is about preventing people from taking these illegal drugs.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Kasa2103 said:
    It is very useful to learn about MDMA. In drama at school I am doing a presentation with my class about a boy who died from an MDMA overdose and the whole thing is about preventing people from taking these illegal drugs.
    I think the most important thing is to give people accurate information so that if they do choose to take drugs they are in possession of information that will help reduce risk and harm.

The reality is that ecstasy (MDMA) is not especially dangerous, and most of the people who have problems using it do so because of poly-drug use, or because they haven't been given the correct information.

In this country Leah Betts is probably the most famous person ever to die after taking ecstasy, and it led to a massive campaign against the use of the drug. The reality is that she died from hyponatremia as a result of drinking too much water, something she felt she needed to do because she had read incorrect information in the media which put an emphasis on the dangers of dehydration. The wrong information can be dangerous.

This site has always been about promoting honest and accurate information - it's one of the things that attracted me to this site in the first place.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    The information here that’s implied that MDMA crystals can be smoked is not just false it may even be dangerous.

When people say MDMA what they really mean is MDMA HCL, which is the salt, and it’s not smokeable, at all. The salt breaks down under heat into other potentially hazardous and dangerous chemicals.

To smoke it you would need to freebase it. Much like you can freebase cocaine (which is not smokeable) into crack (which is)

However freebase MDMA is not easy to achieve and isn’t a crystal at all - it’s an oil.

Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    We'll feed this one back to our team @Skive. Always appreciate you sharing the wisdom on drugs. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.