Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Stressed. Trying to stay well. Peer support training.

1235»

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Aw, glad you're feeling fairly okay <3

It's great that they're so kind. That can help a lot if you're feeling anxious or unhappy.

Oh god... Writing your story sounds kind of hard. I'd end up going into a deep and upset vent about things :p Have you made any progress on it at all? Or got any ideas on what to say?

I learnt about things like avoiding "but", and asking open questions, some time ago. I find that stuff easy when writing it - though face-to-face may be challenging. You've got what it takes and will get the hang of it :)

Well done on doing the training, by the way <3
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,454 Skive's The Limit
    edited May 2019
    No idea what to say in it. I started but then i was like gosh this is depressing. So then i deleted it lollll. Its really hard in knowing what i should and shouldnt write. I guess have to make it partly recovery focused and partly how i felt and help ive recieved and stuff but yeah idek tbh. We was only given one example and tbh i cant remember now

and just looking at the module questions are really hard and worded in way that makes it hard to answer. Stuff about restraning patients. Eventho as peer support workers never restrain them so idek why tbese questions or why speak about restant and all that. And questions about spirtuallity, ways in helping people become indepenant and its just recovery focused. 

And specific situations questions which is the hardest ones

Its stressful tho. Because there are loads of situations you could be in and knowing how to react and how to speak using recovery lanague is really hard
    Post edited by Siena on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Lol so im home alone so i pratice my ten min chat of my story thing. I was gosh this feels like forever. Only did 4 mins lool. Fml
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

really Dont want to cry for the 3rd time in my training tomorrow. Only been going t it for a week. They must think I'm really pathetic and wondering how i even got onto the course. I really hate role plays tho

Going to be rubbish peer support worker

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    You'll be a fab peer support worker <3

I hope it goes okay tomorrow. Here for you x
    I REALLY NEED HELP IDK

I'm crying all the time 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

In training 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    Way too anxious
    All this crying these two weeks have given me massive headache 😭😭 & feel sick

But i managed to do communication excerse without crying or walking out!!!!

And i spoke to the manager in different room at beginning since the tutor had concerns about me. But the manager was really nice and so supportive and she said something like ”i know this is something you really want and really good at and we are going to get you through this”

And she was talking about ways to make the communication exercise  easier and That they have now changed it from calling it ”role play” to communication excerise
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    @Shaunie well done for doing the communication exercise today! I think that's soso good that you could speak to the manager at the beginning and that she was so supportive of you <3 glad to hear somebody is looking out for you there! Do you feel any better after talking to her about it? 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend