Stressed. Trying to stay well. Peer support training.

1235»

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 4,673 Supreme Poster
    Thank you. 
    I will try tomorrow. I've already read the scenarios for tomorrow and seems quite hard

This is the last page tomorrow so I'm guessing we will learn how to support them in those situations 
    But still I'm so scared 😭😭

" Shout out to everyone making progress that no one recongises because you never let anyone see your darkest moments. You've been silently winning battles and transforming yourself. Be proud of every step you're making in the right direction. Keep going cause you've got this" 🌸🌸❤️
    kathleen0172davcr0ck
    edited May 3
    There is another reason why hate role play that is triggering/upsetting to read so I won't say it. But do you think if I was being triggered so much that I could tell them that?   It makes me feel v suffocated and like can't leave the room  

And BTW apparently if I speak differently or act differently  (not saying certain things) its because it's my new language that I have to use everywhere lol
    " Shout out to everyone making progress that no one recongises because you never let anyone see your darkest moments. You've been silently winning battles and transforming yourself. Be proud of every step you're making in the right direction. Keep going cause you've got this" 🌸🌸❤️
    davcr0ckkathleen0172
    Starting crying again doing role play. But this time proper crying and spoke with tutor. I said why  (won't say here) She said she is going to have to sPeak to manager since our communication assessment is role play. I don’t know how can go round it. But she was so lovely and said it was brave of me to say how it makes me feel & way of taking care of myself and she doesn't want me doing something that is making really uncomfortable  
    And I stayed in the quiet room until they stopped the role play.  But I was crying so much my eyes got blood shot and still are that when I went back in the room everyone could tell I was crying and felt was being stared out. But someone passed me a note off. ”i know we haven't shared a table yet and I haven't spoke to you properly but I am here for you” and that was so kind.

I don’t know how they can work a way round it  

I now I feel sick and Dont know why

Aidankathleen0172davcr0ck
    edited May 3
    And @kathleen0172
    You was speaking about you Dont get why we can never say anyone diagnosis or say suicide

Here's why 

Basically say if someone says ”i have depression”  
    We could assume what that looks like. So never say diagnosis to say their diagnosis as make assumptions of what that diagnosis looks like. So should only explain. 
    Only say when saying what they have been diagnosed with

There's a few pages of ”unrecovery” and recovery words if anyone interesting. 
    I find it all quite interesting which is why I share but then people probs Dont lol
    kathleen0172davcr0ck
  • kathleen0172kathleen0172 [Inactive User] Posts: 1,456 Fanatical Poster
    How have you been today Shaunie? <3
    edited May 4
    I'm feeling okay I guess. Im not dreading tuesday. People on the course are so lovely so that helps. And I'm glad I've told them how much I hate role plays. They was really kind about it and said it's good I am telling them this stuff cause its looking after myself.  Thankfully, i was scared they thought i wasnt fit enough for it if keep crying over doing role play. And  Had not much choice to say cause I started crying lol but yeah. They will probably not think way round it and will probs end up doing it and that is stressing me out. 

And also finding the assignment work quite hard. And need to write my story

I'm surprised ”story” isn't in un recovery language since story sounds not real lol. But yeah going to be hard to stop saying certain words. And not say ”but/however/atleast” when trying to say how well they have done instead. But yeah also finding it hard to say to people ”how are you" instead of "you okay" (cause we have been doing open and closed questions) so better to say how are you

and omg it doesnt sound like it. But there is so much to learn. But it is really insightful into being more understanding of people, how to support them and how i say things can have difference
    kathleen0172davcr0ck
    Aw, glad you're feeling fairly okay <3

It's great that they're so kind. That can help a lot if you're feeling anxious or unhappy.

Oh god... Writing your story sounds kind of hard. I'd end up going into a deep and upset vent about things :p Have you made any progress on it at all? Or got any ideas on what to say?

I learnt about things like avoiding "but", and asking open questions, some time ago. I find that stuff easy when writing it - though face-to-face may be challenging. You've got what it takes and will get the hang of it :)

Well done on doing the training, by the way <3
    edited May 4
    No idea what to say in it. I started but then i was like gosh this is depressing. So then i deleted it lollll. Its really hard in knowing what i should and shouldnt write. I guess have to make it partly recovery focused and partly how i felt and help ive recieved and stuff but yeah idek tbh. We was only given one example and tbh i cant remember now

and just looking at the module questions are really hard and worded in way that makes it hard to answer. Stuff about restraning patients. Eventho as peer support workers never restrain them so idek why tbese questions or why speak about restant and all that. And questions about spirtuallity, ways in helping people become indepenant and its just recovery focused. 

And specific situations questions which is the hardest ones

Its stressful tho. Because there are loads of situations you could be in and knowing how to react and how to speak using recovery lanague is really hard
    kathleen0172davcr0ck
    Lol so im home alone so i pratice my ten min chat of my story thing. I was gosh this feels like forever. Only did 4 mins lool. Fml
    kathleen0172davcr0ck

really Dont want to cry for the 3rd time in my training tomorrow. Only been going t it for a week. They must think I'm really pathetic and wondering how i even got onto the course. I really hate role plays tho

Going to be rubbish peer support worker

kathleen0172davcr0ck
    You'll be a fab peer support worker <3

I hope it goes okay tomorrow. Here for you x
    davcr0ck
    I REALLY NEED HELP IDK

I'm crying all the time 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

In training 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    Way too anxious
    kathleen0172davcr0ck
    All this crying these two weeks have given me massive headache 😭😭 & feel sick

But i managed to do communication excerse without crying or walking out!!!!

And i spoke to the manager in different room at beginning since the tutor had concerns about me. But the manager was really nice and so supportive and she said something like ”i know this is something you really want and really good at and we are going to get you through this”

And she was talking about ways to make the communication exercise  easier and That they have now changed it from calling it ”role play” to communication excerise
    kathleen0172davcr0ck
  • Lucy307Lucy307 UKPosts: 565 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie ; well done for doing the communication exercise today! I think that's soso good that you could speak to the manager at the beginning and that she was so supportive of you <3 glad to hear somebody is looking out for you there! Do you feel any better after talking to her about it? 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    davcr0ckShaunie