Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I've got my ingredients ready for my attempted to make a vegan pasta bake dish. I'm actually quite excited about it. If it's not too bad I might post them here but I make no promises!

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    I got an award in drama today at the performing arts thing I go to.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    @Kasa2103 well done you! that's deffo something to be proud off! <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Earlier at volunteering I helped with cartwheels on the floor and beam, helped with chin up back circles on the bars and helped with round-offs on the beam. Felt so proud of myself and a bit more confident. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    @Kasa2103 well done you! that's deffo something to be proud off! <3
    Thank you. When the drama teacher asked who should get the award this week everyone said "Kasa!" 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Rang a support line as I was really struggling
    Been working on a bit of singing and filming ready for my audition on Tuesday.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I changed my picture on facebook.
    It scares the Shit out of me cause my face and just my face. Last time i changed it was 3 years. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I got promoted to ultimate poster on the boards 😁😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Didn't walk out of maths earlier although I felt so tempted to. Turning up to my lesson was enough of a challenge for me.
    Kasa2103 said:
    Didn't walk out of maths earlier although I felt so tempted to. Turning up to my lesson was enough of a challenge for me.

Well done kasa 
    Kasa2103 said:
    Woo! Sometimes the biggest f you we can give is to ride it out 😁
    I got a spider out the house :grin: (without calling my mam or N (it's awful weather so didn't want them coming out in it haha))
    I've got my ingredients ready for my attempted to make a vegan pasta bake dish. I'm actually quite excited about it. If it's not too bad I might post them here but I make no promises!

just saw this @Salix_alba_2019 sounds interesting! how did it go? 
    edited March 2020
    @BubblesGoesBoo it turned out okay, I could have dine with done more sauce though🥴

I used

Pasta
    Nutritional yeaat
    Oat milk 
    Plant based butter (would recommend un salted) 
    White flour 
    Black pepper 
    Paprika 
    Salt

If I'm not feeling so lazy, ill try making the sauce with cashews 😊
    @BubblesGoesBoo it turned out okay, I could have dine with done more sauce though🥴

I used

Pasta
    Nutritional yeaat
    Oat milk 
    Plant based butter (would recommend un salted) 
    White flour 
    Black pepper 
    Paprika 
    Salt

If I'm not feeling so lazy, ill try making the sauce with cashews 😊
    ooo will have to try that! :)
    sent off another story to The Mighty :)
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Got all my coursework in on time and i'm coping okay lately.

Well done everyone <3

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Done some journaling, had a big tidy up and used some aromatherapy for my anxiety
    Talked about something I'm scared to talk about due to blame and fearing judgement
    Made some vegan oat balls using :

Oats
    Plant based butter
    Brown sugar
    Biscoff spread 

Amounts unspecified as I winged it lol
    Made some vegan oat balls using :

Oats
    Plant based butter
    Brown sugar
    Biscoff spread 

Amounts unspecified as I winged it lol

Sounds yummy
    @Salix_alba_2019 loving these vegan recipes :) giving me ideas on what to make lol
    edited March 2020
    Today I made a vegan katsu Cury sauce with rice, roasted sweet potato and roasted tofu. It was another Improvised menu.

Ingredients 

1 serving of long grain Rice
    1/2 sweet potato
    Tofu 
    Onions 
    Oil
    (Vegan) Chicken seasoning
    (Vegan) katsu cubes

re doing myself care box and I'm happy with it, just need a few more things.

I have a candle- smells help ground me.
    Spikey ball to roll on my muscle - texture.
    Colouring book and pens - mindfulness
    Herbal teas- taste and relax
    Facemasks - texture and hygiene self care.
    Snacks - just because no box is complete without snacks
    Night spray - helps me sleep
    Anxiety roll on - keeps me calm
    Lip balm - gives my lips a little tingle and is self care physically.
    Tissues - wipe away my tears when I'm sad 
    Fiddle toy - help when I struggle with urged
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited April 2020
    I sat and worked on this last night -
    theres Everything from face masks and flavoured Tea to have a relaxing night to temporary tattoos and elastic bands to help with self harm urges

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Learnt how to do the charleston earlier.
    Shaunie said:

Guess where i put it all? Behind the shed 😂Took hours still needs doing. Might plant something there
  • _AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    Wrote my first poem in Latin :)