We're currently updating and consolidating our community guidelines, so you might see a few changes and things being moved to more relevant places. We're not changing how things currently work, just making sure what's written is accurate and up to date.

Would you like to be part of our Counselling Committee?

The MixThe Mix Staff teamPosts: 1,757 Moderator
edited July 25 in We need you!
Hey everyone, 

Would you like to be part of our Counselling Committee? 

Here at The Mix we want young people to have a place at the table. We believe that your voices are critical in shaping our services by bringing new and important perspectives.

Here's a bit more information about the role:

In this role, you will be part of a steering group to help shape the digital counselling for young people at The Mix. You will also be a part of a group that creates a nationwide counselling service which is designed by young people. This will be a fully integrated youth-led counselling service that is accessible to those young people in most need, and that cannot access existing statutory services. 

Main tasks: 

• Attend two, one day meetings in London per year.   These will be held on a Saturday in October 2018 and April 2019.  
  • Attend regular digital meetings as determined by the group 
  • Participate in group work in between the digital meetings as set by the flow of the project 
  • Work collaboratively with a team of other young people and with key staff at The Mix 

If you're interested in being part of the committee, head over to our website to apply and find out more info. 

- Aife
We're @Aife@Mike and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.

---

Comments

• LaineLaine Horse hugger Posts: 849 Incredible Poster
    Hey aife would love to!  But would find getting to London hard as its a bit costly :/

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"So wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older" ~ Avicii

"
    All I do is sit and think about you If I choose then I lose.
    Distract my brain from the terrible news
    It's not living if it's not with you" ~ The 1975

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
  • The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 1,757 Moderator
    edited August 2
    Hey @Laine that's great to hear you're interested. The Mix are looking for young people all over the UK  so travel expenses to those London meetings will be covered. The majority of the meetings will be digital so anyone who lives in the UK can apply. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! The deadline for applications is Monday :) 

- Aife
    We're @Aife@Mike and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.

---

Oh wow okay I'll definitely apply then thanks!  :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"

• MegglesMeggles Unicorn. Posts: 884 Incredible Poster
    im interested but i think time is my issues...
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 847 Incredible Poster
    Hey, I would love to be a part of this as well as the mix is dear to me, but as much I know you'd pay for travel costs I'm not sure that my opinion is worth that much :P Besides, I have little experience with the online counselling, but thank you guys for giving us the chance to make an input!

Aidan
    Hey @Meggles and @Aidan

You're still more than welcome to apply! Every opinion is important no matter how little experience you have with online counselling. It's also okay if you can't make every meeting that's organised, there will be lots of opportunities for you to take part in with this role :) 

- Aife

---

I can't wait to hear back eeek I'm like a big child 😂😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"

• MaisyMaisy CymruPosts: 153 The Mix convert
    If I didn't live so far away and wasn't turning 26 in December, I would :p 
    Hey @Maisy

There are some opportunities where we accept people over the age of 25. Do keep a look out on our volunteering page for future opportunities. We'll be adding some more opportunities soon! :) 

- Aife

---

• ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 2,531 Mega Poster
    edited August 20
    I would love to do something like this - if it didnt say phone, as think means phone calls. But too late to apply anyway. But would be totally interested in helping out in some way like face to face dicusion something. But everytime ive seen them they have been on weekends:/
    There is some comfort in what we know. Even if that is deep in depression. I think i now more understand the quote of -life starts outside of your comfort zone. 
    Hey @Shaunie

I've just checked with our volunteering team and there's still time to apply. The digital meetings will be done over Google hangouts so there will be some phone/video calls but they've said they can accommodate to whatever feels most comfortable for you. Let me know if you have any other questions :) 

- Aife

---

• ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 2,531 Mega Poster
    Aw then I would of but unlikely work would let me have any hoilday booked 😒 as work on Saturdays. But thank you!
    There is some comfort in what we know. Even if that is deep in depression. I think i now more understand the quote of -life starts outside of your comfort zone. 
    The Mix said:
    Hey @Aidan

You're still more than welcome to apply! Every opinion is important no matter how little experience you have with online counselling. It's also okay if you can't make every meeting that's organised, there will be lots of opportunities for you to take part in with this role :) 

- Aife
    Oh go on then, seeing as its free :p 
    Aife
    Best of luck with your application @Aidan - great to hear you're applying for it!

- Aife

---

The Mix said:
    Best of luck with your application @Aidan - great to hear you're applying for it!

- Aife

Thank you, I think I'm gonna need that luck finding the button on the page to apply q:

Was I a tad too late? 
    Hey @Aidan

External applications have closed on the website but you can still apply using this link. :) 

Good luck!

- Aife

---

edited August 22
    The Mix said:
    Hey @Aidan

External applications have closed on the website but you can still apply using this link. :) 

Good luck!

- Aife
    Thanks, I'll try that out!

Edit: I've applied (: