Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post Of The Month!

AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
Finally, it's occurred again, another amazing month has passed, and some amazing posts have been shared, all words filled with wisdom!

So, it's time for post of the month again,
here are August nominations :hyper:

NinaBallet nominated Indrid Cold:
Members of the same mafia mob are happy with each other. That's no argument toward them not being a problem.

Part of the thread : Family Problems, again.

**Angel** Nominated Emmalee:
Emmalee wrote: »
Come chat in General chat! its Moderated by LauraO with her Cheerio if you're a good user, Chat might amuse you! With LauraO and her Cheerio..OH!

Part of the thread: General chat tonight 9.15-10.15pm

**Helen** Nominated My Name:
my name wrote: »
Agree with the others, except withholding sex. Just do your own stuff, or if you are slobby, just don't do any of it, that's what I do :p...

or really, just talk to him about it. I'm assuming that by living together, you have been partners for a fair amount of time and are pretty serious. This is something that could probably be easily solved with a simple conversation. Discussion, compromise and letting your feelings known are an important part of long lasting relationships. If you can't even do that, what hope do you have? Every little thing that bothers both of you will just build up and cause resentment, when they could have easily been solved through open communication.

I never understood withholding sex as a punishment, sure you might be punishing them, but if you are in a monogamous relationship, you are also withholding sex from yourself, and thus, punishing yourself too and what's the benefit of that?

Part of the thread: Housework dilemma

Melian nominated My Name (2):
my name wrote: »
This is the most vile thread I have ever read. The only saving grace is a fried mars bar. Mushy peas, brown sauce? These sound more like medical issues than something that should be ingested.

Part of the thread: Man Denied Ketchup Cries Racism

J@ke nominated WhiteLillies:
This is probably going to cause so much trouble but here goes...

"I was really annoyed at work one day because a customer got in my way so I slagged them off to my colleagues on the floor, I also used my supervisors laptop in work time for personal use. Now shes pissed at me but I dont know why because before the customer got in my way she was fine with me. She tells me I'm not allowed to be rude about customers or stand around talking but I don't see what the problem is?"

Part of the thread: Do an impression of a User!

Piccolo nominated Bunglenutter:
OP, listen to me.

Chill out.

This will solve a great many of your problems.

Part of the thread: Just going to jump straight in, I'm a 17 year old virgin

Ella! Nominated RubberSkin:
RubberSkin wrote: »
My sig, not the slut one though that counts too :)

Not really a quote as such, though it was said by someone.

I was at a funeral for a female friend (non religiousy sort of type thing) some years ago and the person taking it said...

"The passing of someone can be seen as a ship leaving port. We're all standing on the harbour sad and crying and waving goodbye and someone says 'there she goes'. But far far away there is another dock, with many people waving and cheering and someone shouts 'HERE SHE COMES' "

Part of the thread: Positive Quotes Thread

**Helen** nominated RubberSkin (2):
RubberSkin wrote: »
Mornington Crescent !

Bugger, wrong thread :)

Part of the thread: St. Pancras to London Bridge

And Finally...Broken-Angel nominated Ella!:
ella! wrote: »
I'm going to be helping at the health and wellbeing stall at my university freshers fair, mainly raising awareness of meningitis.

Pro-active :)

Part of the thread: relatively happy/good news thread

Get Voting!

Post Of The Month! 40 votes

Indrid Cold
7% 3 votes
Emmalee
7% 3 votes
JsT
2% 1 vote
My Name
15% 6 votes