Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Being single

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Morning,

It has its perks and it has it downers but overall, i think being single is not all its cracked up to be.

Sure you aint commited to anyone and you can do whatever but there are times when you just wanna be with someone.

Comments

• Options
    delahoya wrote: »
    Morning,

It has its perks and it has it downers but overall, i think being single is not all its cracked up to be.

Sure you aint commited to anyone and you can do whatever but there are times when you just wanna be with someone.

Life is what you make of it, whether you're single or not.
  • Options
    Namaste is right. Being in a relationship doesn't guarentee you won't feel feelings of lonliness and isolation.
  • Options
    Morning,

I know what your saying. Everyone needs a hug and that someone to be close to in bed or share feelings with. I miss it an all. I've realized recently just being a relationship at my age is such an head fuck, I really don't want to venture into one for a while again, unless I meet some gal really worth the effort. It just one mess after another otherwise :no:
  • Options
    I really don't mind being single just now. I have a lad I go to whether I want a kiss/cuddle etc which is handy but alas owt else I can't be arsed with.

Settling down is SO far away from my intentions the now.
  • Options
    As i said, it has its perks. Its nice to have someone who can give you some love once in a while but i wouldnt consider being in a relationship as settling down. Its not as if you are chained down by the other person.

Having said that, people have set age limits when they should be doing things i.e. getting married, having kids etc. I think its best not to write off anything that comes sooner or else it might never come.
  • Options
    As i said, it has its perks. Its nice to have someone who can give you some love once in a while but i wouldnt consider being in a relationship as settling down. Its not as if you are chained down by the other person.

Having said that, people have set age limits when they should be doing things i.e. getting married, having kids etc. I think its best not to write off anything that comes sooner or else it might never come.

Nah I've came to realise I'm incredibly annoyed with commitment, ha. Which was funny as I used to think I needed a lad to define me this time last year. Stuff that.

I'll never rule out marriage and that, but being with someone and having someone to answer to fucks me right off. Not to say I put it about or whatever, but I like to just fart about with my mates and such.
  • Options
    I don't mind being single. But it occured to me yesterday that i have been for almost 6 months and i havnt had any lady action in that time. :chin:
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Nah I've came to realise I'm incredibly annoyed with commitment, ha. Which was funny as I used to think I needed a lad to define me this time last year. Stuff that.

I'll never rule out marriage and that, but being with someone and having someone to answer to fucks me right off. Not to say I put it about or whatever, but I like to just fart about with my mates and such.

Life is definately what you make of it.

Like you, (as you know tbh) for most of last year, I felt as though I NEEDED A BOY. What the fuck? Seriously? I was drowning in self pity. Nothing is wrong with being single.

I'm having the time of my life on my own. Infact, I've never been so happy! I'm yet to get bored of it! Maybe I will someday though! The thought of having a boyfriend now actually scares me. I just don't have time to fit a boyfriend in my diary :lol:

I've turned down offers of having a boyfriend purely because I want to be on my own. I still have fun with boys though :D
  • Options

does being in a relationship mean you always having to answer to someone? or am i thinking of the perfect relationship?

I suppose you get people who are obsessed with whatever you do, cant say thats attractive but it works for other i guess

Cant say i would know, aint had a serious relationship :(
  • Options
    I'm 20 years of age. I wouldn't mind a grown up relationship round about now, something a little concrete, but of course nothing too restricting. I know this isn't going to happen at this age, so I'm trying to stay single
  • Options
    I feel my best when I'm in a happy relationship - I feel my worse when I'm in a bad relationship. The single feeling is somewhere in betweeen.
  • Options
    Nice little saying there vicky

I guess its different for everyone but i ve never felt the pressure to be in a relationship while i was studying and therefore, enjoyed a lot of it as a single guy. i suppose if you have always been in a relationship and become single, its a whole new experience.

But because i havent been in a serious relationship, i guess i am relishing the experience when i do get into one
  • Options
    does being in a relationship mean you always having to answer to someone? or am i thinking of the perfect relationship?

I suppose you get people who are obsessed with whatever you do, cant say thats attractive but it works for other i guess

Who knows actually? I've never had a GOOD relationship. I guess I'm just not fussed about them. I much prefer to fart about with folk, but I have been farting about with the same lad for 5 months almost and he doesn't want a relationship but we always end up pairing off. Who knows what's going on.

I do fancy him lots, but I'm going to be leaving the country in the next 2 months so it's daft to start owt up the now.
  • Options

It depends on the sort of relationship. Its not about having to answer to someone, its whether you feel comfortable doing so without hesitation. It should all be natural. There's never a perfect relationship, no two personalities are completely the same, ever! There will always be differing views an opinions person to person. Conflict is pretty unavoidable, its how you deal with it and move on that matters.
  • Options
    Who knows actually? I've never had a GOOD relationship. I guess I'm just not fussed about them. I much prefer to fart about with folk, but I have been farting about with the same lad for 5 months almost and he doesn't want a relationship but we always end up pairing off. Who knows what's going on.

I do fancy him lots, but I'm going to be leaving the country in the next 2 months so it's daft to start owt up the now.

:crazyeyes

thats exactly the same position I'm in! I'm that lad! My girl up here wont get into anything because shes off to Magaluf. I'm gutted!
  • Options

i suppose this thing with this guy is kinda relationship. Just being nosy, you leaving the country for good? Where you going? A girl that i like has left for 4 months possibly even longer, gutted but getting on with my life while she is away while also keeping in contact.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    I feel my best when I'm in a happy relationship - I feel my worse when I'm in a bad relationship. The single feeling is somewhere in betweeen.

very true!

i had just as much fun (just not with other people..and i didn't need to as i was having fun with my then boyfriend) in a relationship as i am now. the only difference is i'm single and can do what i want with who i want. being single has its pros and cons, as does being in a relationship (though my last one didn't seem to have any cons dammit!!).

just enjoy what you have. :)
  • Options
    i suppose this thing with this guy is kinda relationship. Just being nosy, you leaving the country for good? Where you going? A girl that i like has left for 4 months possibly even longer, gutted but getting on with my life while she is away while also keeping in contact.

I've NO idea what's going on with this lad. He detests commitment, but the pair of us keep pairing off. I've no idea what the deal is. Haha. I'm not fussed really, it kind of suits me as it goes anyways.

But I stayed over at his last night and we slept together and cuddled and it was just really nice and intimate. But this was after he text me saying he didn't want us to shag again and we were just to be pals the day before, haha.

I was seeing him for a while, then it fizzled out. Then we just keep meeting up when we're in town and that, or going to the pub for a session..then randiness takes over. Then after the shagging, it's all tender and cuddly.

Bit of a headfuck from an outsiders view but alas, I'm REALLY not bothered. I'd be a bit annoyed if he actually followed through with not wanting to see me or owt cause he's absolutely gorgeous haha.

I doubt it'll happen as we share the same pals now and all his mates heavy love me and I see them probably once a week at least, so I'm bound to see him, too. His best mate Richy did tell me that John - lad I fart about with - has a tendency to go in dribs and drabs of whether he likes someone or not and that I've not to hold my breath. I really am not at all fussed, I'm seriously mellow with the way things are, ha.

But to answer your original question - here, how heavy rambly was that?! - yeah I'm gonna go to Thailand in the next few months for a wee while. He has been hinting to me lots that he'd like to go too, though haha. :razz:
  • Options
    I like being single BUT only because I'm usually seeing someone, or have someone to text flirt with or go on dates with. If I didnt have that then after a time I reckon I would feel a bit miserable. I'm single, with interests :p
  • Options
    I like myself more when I'm single, at least then if I fuck up then it usually only affects me.

I do turn REALLY doe eyed and put a girl on a pedestal when I'm with her, I'm quite emotionally immature and can be pretty frgaile and a bit wary of getting hurt, which is my problem really. Not really a good mixtuire, so I'm better off out of it till I grow up :)
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I like being single BUT only because I'm usually seeing someone, or have someone to text flirt with or go on dates with. If I didnt have that then after a time I reckon I would feel a bit miserable. I'm single, with interests :p

Same for me.

It's just the worst feeling being single if i've not got anyone interested in me. Good thing thats rare ;)
  • Options
    I was really happy being single for 7 months and had lots of fun, didnt particularly crave "couply" things, didnt feel deficient in any way.

But now im in a happy relationship things couldnt be better. It just means ive got an extra thing to be happy about. I can still do all the things i could when single (apart from doing other men..clearly), im not under the thumb, and i can still come home to my boyfriend for cuddles at the end of the day :)

I think being single is only ideal for people that are not needy.