Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    So.

Travel's a bitch. I can't go outside without panicking. My hands are trembling as I'm typing this on my phone. I feel like I'm going to have a bad day.

Does listening to music help when you are out and about?
    If you can find a space that feels safe to just stop and focus on breathing.
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    GreenTea wrote: »
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    So.

Travel's a bitch. I can't go outside without panicking. My hands are trembling as I'm typing this on my phone. I feel like I'm going to have a bad day.

Does listening to music help when you are out and about?
    If you can find a space that feels safe to just stop and focus on breathing.

It does, from time to time.
    Sometimes, watching a highly intensive video helps too.

I saw your response and found a safe space to breathe. Thank you. <3
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    Haven’t got out of bed yet. I probably should before my sister comes home and shouts at ms
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Can’t wait to leave home for obvious reasons cause of my mum

But also will be able to count calories and sugars and fat properly
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    My sister texted me that she’ll help and dad to pay for private therapy
  • Options
    La_LaLa_La Posts: 156 Helping Hand
    I feel worn out with job hunting still (but not burntout anymore which is nice!)..and dealing with some issues on my own because nobody believes me sadly...i think I will take a break next month :(
    ~ Dreamer ~
  • Options
    Ah I was just so soo close to harming myself in the same way that ended me in hospital
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    Was walking the dog today and leant down to pick up his ball with the ball thrower and twisted something in my back again, it’s been going for a while but I’m finding it very hard to move and painkillers aren’t touching it. Makes life so difficult.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    I just want someone to listen
    And not dismiss my concerns as a joke.
  • Options
    Really struggling today. Struggling with urges, don't have the motivation to function today
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Don’t feel well
  • Options
    I wish I could be understood..
  • Options
    Need to be numb.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Keep getting waves of sick feeling that cames with some light headed ness. I hate it 🤢. I don’t know at what point I can ask my gp about it
  • Options
    I did get cream for it. But I really hate putting it on. I don’t like touching it. It doesn’t feel like it’s my skin
  • Options
    I'm drained. I haven't slept at all last night. So much on my mind. I've cried a lot. I've self harmed. I'm angry, hurt, frustrated. hopefully I can get advice as to what to do. Can't handle the behaviours In this house anymore.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Very tired of shit right now 😴
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I'm really struggling
This discussion has been closed.