Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I dont know who i am anymore

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We would not feel happier without you here, on TS or offline.Your family and friends would miss you and simply and clearly find it hard to show and express their love and care in a way you need.

You will get there!!
  • Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    We would not feel happier without you here, on TS or offline.Your family and friends would miss you and simply and clearly find it hard to show and express their love and care in a way you need.

You will get there!!

Thank you - sorry i should shut up now, i bet you are getting fed up of me.
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    No of course you're not bothering me Hun. I am here for you whenever you need me, okay? :)

Don't be sorry!x
  • Options
    Ok, thank you so much Hannah x

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    You're more than welcome..I may not be able to reply all of the time straight away but when I can, I will.

I hope you feel better soon x
  • Options
    You're more than welcome..I may not be able to reply all of the time straight away but when I can, I will.

I hope you feel better soon x

Ok and Thank you x *hug*

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    No worries, you're welcome x Stay strong x
  • Options
    I tried to get an emergency appointment at my doctors today but they said that there are none avalible as the doctors surgery is so busy at the moment, i dont think i can wait till next week :(

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    You CAN do this!Hang in there Hun x We're here for you every step of the way x
  • Options
    You CAN do this!Hang in there Hun x We're here for you every step of the way x

Thank you x

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    I feel like im up and down constantly for no reason - i dont know what is wrong with me :banghead:

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello there JPeople,

How are you doing? - I've just had a quick read of your thread, and honestly just wanted to respond to give you a hand to reach out to. First things first however, people on TheSite.org sometimes only come here for support when they're struggling, however, nobody thinks into it really, so you don't at all come across as 'miserable' and the way you are able to express yourself, is definetly reassurance showing that you aren't an 'idiot' - And nobody really has their life together, as much as we think we might do.

You're a college student, correct me if I'm wrong? - but the load of work some people have to do in college is insane, I swear we had work due in every other day when I was back in college. It's difficult, and you don't really know how difficult it is until you're facing it, and it's even more so difficult when you're battling mental health issues with it. However, building walls can often be a way to not accept whats going on, it easier than letting people in for sure, but I'm glad to hear you are still reaching out to ChildLine on a continues basis and other helplines. I used to turn to helplines when I felt lonely and needed someone to talk to, what do you find helpful about helplines? Do you feel able to open up to them?

Just on the comment you made about your friend however, loosing someone to suicide, and getting over it isn't easy, for some they learn to cope with it, and some hold the burden over their shoulders for years. I used to ask myself why I didn't interviene, why I didn't do anything, but I was also angry that they left me, have you thought about keeping a memory box? Of moments together maybe? Or old facebook chats, etc. I have one that I've treasured, and when I just want sometime to get away from the world, I go through the box, she meant a lot to a lot of people, and was such an inspiration, and sometimes, that is how people see as beimg the only way out.

You need to allow yourself to grieve, talk about him, tell the world about him, do what helps you. It's okay to talk about him. All the good he's done, all the moments you've had, etc. I used to talk to my parents I personally found that really helpful when I needed someone to talk to the most. If your dad doesn't understand, talk to someone else, just pour your heart out.

You mentioned people would be happier without you? That really made me think, what makes you think people will be happier without you? It's a massive conclusion you've jumped to their, what are your group of friends life, or is your friend like? If you are really struggling and need care even mental health wise, you could always apprach out of hours? Which is often located to your nearest A&E department.

How was your dentist appt today? - Have you thought of coping strategies you could use while at the dentist in the future, what might help you? - You're going through an awful lot at the moment JPeople, however, I an assure you, you are not alone, it's great to see that Hannah has responded and offered continuous support. Keep us updated on how you're doing and I look forward to hearing back from you lovely :)

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart

• Options
    How did your dentist appointment go?x
  • Options
    Thank you for all of that @WhispersOfTheHeart - yes i feel able to open up better to helplines as they are people don't know and have no connection to me and the memory box, i sadly dont have many pictures at all of him, i have 3 pictures but i also have lots and lots of funny conversations on facebook and skype to look back on and my group of friends arent very good - i dont think any of them know really what to say and how to support me but i have lots of old school friends who i dont actually see much anymore so i just talk to them via facebook and they are the best and more understanding caring friends that ive ever had - they all say that im always here if you want to talk.

@HannahBannanna the dentist went okay - actually had a new dentist which i wasnt expecting at all but she is so much nicer than my old one and she spoke to me about college and going on to university, like random things to keep me at ease, sadly i have to go back on the 12th March for 1 filling but its only a small one the appointment should only take around 15-20 minutes.

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Sending *hug* s jpeople!

Sorry to hear things have been tough :heart: but I'm glad that you can be more open to helplines and that the dentist went well.

Don't know if you saw @Hiccup 's thread on the "BoosterBuddy" app- it has a coping skills section for anxiety, depression, sleep issues and more, as well as giving you goals even for those days, you just feel like you can't get out of bed- perhaps you could give it a try (I personally have found it very helpful).

Keep reaching out :heart: I'm here to listen!

Here's the link to the thread about the "BoosterBuddy" app>>> http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forum/thesite-topics/health-wellbeing/3538621-booster-buddy-mental-health-app
  • Options
    apandav wrote: »
    Sending *hug* s jpeople!

Sorry to hear things have been tough :heart: but I'm glad that you can be more open to helplines and that the dentist went well.

Don't know if you saw @Hiccup 's thread on the "BoosterBuddy" app- it has a coping skills section for anxiety, depression, sleep issues and more, as well as giving you goals even for those days, you just feel like you can't get out of bed- perhaps you could give it a try (I personally have found it very helpful).

Keep reaching out :heart: I'm here to listen!

Here's the link to the thread about the "BoosterBuddy" app>>> http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forum/thesite-topics/health-wellbeing/3538621-booster-buddy-mental-health-app

I will sure check it out- thank you x

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    IM REALLY REALLY NOT OKAY THIS EVENING - IM SO FUCKING UPSET, I HATE THIS DEPRESSION SO MUCH!

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    Big hug @jpeople111 *hug* we're here if you want to talk :)
  • Options
    raich wrote: »
    Big hug @jpeople111 *hug* we're here if you want to talk :)

I really dont know how to cope - thoughts of ending it all come in my mind all the time - i feel like this battle is too bloody exhausting.

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    jpeople111 wrote: »
    I hate posting on here because i always feel like i come across as some miserable idiot who just needs to get their life together and i dont want to come across like that.

I am struggling so much with suicidal thoughts, self harm and lack of motivation, i have so much media coursework to do which needs to be done by Tuesday 23rd but i just dont have the energy to do it, i feel like im trapped inside a box which i cant get out of and i was talking to a chidline counsellor and he said something a long the lines of - it seems like you are building a wall around yourself as you dont want to let others in to see how broken you really are.

I feel so lost, i need someone to help me to get through this, i feel like im going through this alone - ive got the dentist on saturday and yes i am so scared of the dentist and i dont want to go because i am scared but also i am scared that the stress of it will cause me to self harm and make things worse, sorry if this doesn't make any sense, im struggling so much with everything, theres not even a specific thing that is making me feel this way, i feel emotionally, mentally and physically drained :(

Hi jpeople111. I'm new here so please excuse me if I do not fully understand your situation. I also have the dentist next week lol and actually hate going, I have to have my wisdom teeth ripped out :nervous:. Perhaps it's the people around you that are making you feel this way? How are your family and friends? Do they support you with your troubles? Sometimes it's the people around us that have a negative impact on our lives and they're the ones that are making you feel this way?

Self harming might be a temporary escape but that's just it, temporary. You need a permanent escape. Have you tried seeking another mental health expert? What is it that makes you feel so worthless and irrelevant? The problem with mental health experts is ultimately it's just a job to them, nobody will ever care about you as much as you do.

Perhaps you can build up the courage to take yourself along to a group session where you actually speak to people in your situation? Rather than a mental health expert that probably has no actual experience of what you're feeling. Of course you could just continue to do nothing... but I doubt that will help. Good luck :)
  • Options
    Hi.
    It's good to hear that your dentist appointment went well, I knew it would do! :) It's better when the person is nicer and makes us feel more at ease and more comfortable so that's also good for you as well then. x
  • Options
    Just seen the other posts--Oh no, what's happened?Here if you need to talk xx
  • Options

Hi jpeople111. I'm new here so please excuse me if I do not fully understand your situation. I also have the dentist next week lol and actually hate going, I have to have my wisdom teeth ripped out :nervous:. Perhaps it's the people around you that are making you feel this way? How are your family and friends? Do they support you with your troubles? Sometimes it's the people around us that have a negative impact on our lives and they're the ones that are making you feel this way?

Self harming might be a temporary escape but that's just it, temporary. You need a permanent escape. Have you tried seeking another mental health expert? What is it that makes you feel so worthless and irrelevant? The problem with mental health experts is ultimately it's just a job to them, nobody will ever care about you as much as you do.

Perhaps you can build up the courage to take yourself along to a group session where you actually speak to people in your situation? Rather than a mental health expert that probably has no actual experience of what you're feeling. Of course you could just continue to do nothing... but I doubt that will help. Good luck :)

Thank you MasterChief for the advice - i dont have many supportive people around me but im trying to build my support network

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    Just seen the other posts--Oh no, what's happened?Here if you need to talk xx

I cant really say on here - i am so upset and soooo stupid :(

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    That's okay, of course, if you can't say on here.You're not stupid, regardless though.

I hope you feel better again soon x
  • Options
    That's okay, of course, if you can't say on here.You're not stupid, regardless though.

I hope you feel better again soon x

Yeah - well i could say on here but i dont want to upset other users and thank you x

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    jpeople111 wrote: »

Thank you MasterChief for the advice - i dont have many supportive people around me but im trying to build my support network

You're welcome.

Having a lot of support around you is integral when you're unwell. I hope your parents support you otherwise that's not very nice of them is it? Have you tried something to take your mind off things? You mentioned you have a lot of work to do and it's due soon but actually when I'm feeling a little stressed I enjoy doing work as it keeps my mind occupied.

• Options

You're welcome.

Having a lot of support around you is integral when you're unwell. I hope your parents support you otherwise that's not very nice of them is it? Have you tried something to take your mind off things? You mentioned you have a lot of work to do and it's due soon but actually when I'm feeling a little stressed I enjoy doing work as it keeps my mind occupied.

My parents dont know that i have depression so they think that im just okay and im the complete opposite as in when im upset i cant do work as i cant concentrate and have 0 motivation to do anything.

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Jpeople, just wanted to reach out with a *hug*

I'm so sorry things are tough and I feel I can relate to some of what you say- I'm here to listen :heart:

I'm glad that you are trying to build up your support network....it shows you still have some fight, although you may not see it! Opening up to family about mental health is so tough, I just wish we could as open about mental health as with physical health in society......as it is a health issue, so it isn't your fault! Can I ask who you have in your support network currently?

Take Care x
  • Options
    apandav wrote: »
    Jpeople, just wanted to reach out with a *hug*

I'm so sorry things are tough and I feel I can relate to some of what you say- I'm here to listen :heart:

I'm glad that you are trying to build up your support network....it shows you still have some fight, although you may not see it! Opening up to family about mental health is so tough, I just wish we could as open about mental health as with physical health in society......as it is a health issue, so it isn't your fault! Can I ask who you have in your support network currently?

Take Care x

Hello Apandav,

In my support network already i have a family friend and two close friends as well as my GP and im currently being referred to a behereavement counsellor but dont know when my first appointment is yet.

Thank you for your continued support. X

- James Arthur (YOU)