Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Update: Clinical Psychology Appointment

Comments

• Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    I feel overwhelmed - sad, anxious , like a failure and like life is crap and will get shitier
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What's going on Hun?What's the matter?

You are now finally receiving some sort of help and treatment and it's very important that you realise and acknowledge that this is there for you----I am STILL waiting and struggling with everything going on not that anyone cares though :(

Stay strong and keep your hopes up--You'll get there one day :) xxx
  • Options
    Partly due to my usual - feel like I will fail in future, life will be terrible, not enjoying the present etc. But also stressed by uni which is getting more difficult and got a lot going on with it, yet I feel what's the point as it won't get me anywhere. Feel like I'll fail this one class in specific as it involves essay writing in the exam and I'm bad at that. Then just stuff with friends , I forgot about something completely and I feel shit. Then I'm putting on a lot of weight and just other stuff. Just feel overwhelmed everything's getting on top of me. My concentration is very bad at the moment so it's making uni even harder and I just get trapped in these negative thinking cycles, lots, overwhelmed etc. It's hard to explain!
  • Options
    Also been having bad graphic visions in my mind when I get really uptight :(
  • Options
    Basically on my other thread, I mentioned about the binge eating for comfort, and I'm now trying to combine it so I stick to one thread. This was quoted from @Mike

"Hey apandav,

There is no judgement here, for sure. We all have our different coping mechanisms but it can be really tough when they start to have a negative effect on us. It's worth bearing in mind that it's not necessarily something that you're to blame for, though. While we are usually able to make conscious decisions and have our own distinctions between right and wrong, the way we feel and the things we do when we feel like we're at our limit can sometimes feel out of our control. This can feel most true during times where we don't feel like we have the support in place for ourselves that we ultimately need.

You can get in touch with B-eat, the UK’s leading charity supporting anyone affected by eating disorders or difficulties with food, weight and shape. TheSite also has an article on binge and compulsive eating which you might find helpful.

​I notice you're talking about this in your other thread about your clinical psychology appointment, too. Perhaps it might be easier to keep discussion about this in that thread for now? Just to make things easier for people to keep track of and prevent things being repeated. smile.gif"

Thanks for your reply!

Firstly just wanted to say, I only was using 2 threads as I felt what I posted earlier was more suitable to the other thread, which started it back up again, and in the meantime was following on from replies I recieved on here. It annoys me when I feel I post stuff completely unrelated to the topic heading as this isn't relevant to my clinical psychology appintment, but I guess I will. I just feel its misleading to do this.

Anyways, in attempt to keep one thread I'll try and stick to this one for now.

Will look into BEAT, and see if they can offer any advice, seeing my psychologist tomorrow, so I'll tell her. I've told her briefly but I'll reinforce it. I guess if i can sort my issues I wont feel the need to comfort eat, hopefully.
  • Options
    Hun, I can relate to most, if not all, of what you said in your third to last post there, as many others probably can and are able to as well :s It's good that you're receiving support and are on the way to getting the right and most appropriate support in place for you.

How you feeling?x
  • Options
    extremely low....dont want to exist anymore
  • Options
    *hug**hug*apandav - what's happened?
  • Options
    raich wrote: »
    *hug**hug*apandav - what's happened?

Was at my therapy appointment, talking about how I feel , felt really low after. Overall this weeks been bad, I'm in a dark place right now.

After my appointment I felt unsafe, so I phoned the crisis number, and the nurse was rude as said in an annoyed voice " you've just seen one of our psychologists , SO WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?" in her exact words. I panicked, hung up. Then I managed to get home somehow and still feel miserable.
  • Options
    Hey apandav,

Sounds like you've really been struggling recently - how are you holding up now?

I'm sorry to hear you got that response from the nurse, but well done for making the decision to phone as you were feeling unsafe. It's so important to have a plan like that in place for times like that. I wonder if you might have tried to call any other helplines?

Keep us posted *hug*
  • Options
    Hey Amanda,

How are you feeling today? I hope you're feeling better now?

Sorry I have not posted here in a while xx
  • Options
    raich wrote: »
    Hey apandav,

Sounds like you've really been struggling recently - how are you holding up now?

I'm sorry to hear you got that response from the nurse, but well done for making the decision to phone as you were feeling unsafe. It's so important to have a plan like that in place for times like that. I wonder if you might have tried to call any other helplines?

Keep us posted *hug*

Doing a bit better today I guess, but did feel a bit low earlier.

The nurse at the student health service, I told her and she said not to take it personally as its just one person and they may have been stressed :( and that I should use it if I need to. Going to visit D. Student Health nurse tomorrow, shes really helpful, shes always happy for me to come round if I need a chat or advice (its good to have someone outside the MH team plus she does have a professional background).

I use Breathing Space a lot, as they are trained- sometimes helpful other times not as much - depends on the advisor. Went off samaritans though, as sometimes I don't want to answer every single detail and it just feels like I have to answer :(

My plan is if I ever have an experience like that with CMHT (when feeling unsafe), I'm going to phone NHS 24 as they normally have MH nurses you can talk too. But to be honest, I always get scared , like of police, since the incident and am a bit paranoid it will happen again, its a bit offputting.
  • Options
    Hey Amanda,

How are you feeling today? I hope you're feeling better now?

Sorry I have not posted here in a while xx

Thanks hannah, no worries, hope you okay xx

I'm a bit better, but not fantastic to be honest.

One thing that sure did cheer me up today, was I picked up my parcel from helping out on the boards over christmas :)
  • Options
    Oh forgot to add, I had a nice 2 hours last night, I put on music, felt relaxed and made cards , was fun! (finally something positive)
  • Options
    It's so lucky and nice for you that more positives have happened :) And ah okay, what was that parcel for?x
  • Options
    Don't feel lucky, even when I have the odd positive time reality always hits.......I don't want to be here, I really don't. Sometimes I forget when I feel more positive then it hits me, like what's the point?

I think I've been having mood swings, like today one minute I was slightly happier the next I was miserable I can't even understand it, weird
  • Options
    You are lucky!!

That is understable though
    I can only imagine positives happening to me!😢😢

How are you?

Hannah x
  • Options
    You are lucky!!

That is understable though
    I can only imagine positives happening to me!😢😢

How are you?

Hannah x

I don't feel that way- I'm such a negative person :/

*hug* I'm sure there will be, I guess we both "feel unlucky" then!

I'm so so, been worse, still constantly wish I was gone to be honest. In the present, I'm getting stressed at uni and I don't understand why, as I feel my futures doomed anyway, so why do I care.

I don't understand why I care to go to uni and go to my appointments when I feel there is no point in living. Its like I care but I don't understand why, as I want to get rid of myself.
  • Options
    Heya, you ARE lucky to have some positives happen though as I can only imagine positives truly happening!

How are you today?
  • Options
    Heya, you ARE lucky to have some positives happen though as I can only imagine positives truly happening!

How are you today?

Okay, I just don't see it, the negative dominates :/

Meh, bad night last night, busy day, nervous for app. tomorrow!
  • Options
    Which kind of appointment is tomorrow?Is it another of your psychology etc ones?Good Luck!Not that you need it Hun!

Hannah
  • Options
    How did the appointment go apandav? :)
  • Options
    Hey Amanda,

Hope the appointment went okay! Sorry I couldn't post back here to ask sooner--Had a lot going on and no connection to the internet either really until now.

Hope you're okay x
  • Options
    Thanks for your posts Raich and Hannah :heart:

It was my weekly psychology appointment, finally therapy began 3 weeks ago.

I'm really trying but its so challenging, this weeks therapy work is- to plan my week including "fun/relaxing activities"- ie. I've to schedule in me time. Thing is I struggle with motivation and my moods normally so low I don't enjoy simple things like watching TV.

I asked my psychologist, Lauren "What do people in general do with their weekends?", so we made a list together, she gave one idea for every thing I came up with. She wants me to try new things out and see if they work or not- I've to tell her how things go!

The aim of this is she says she wants to build up my coping mechanisms before we start some more of the deep work- basically I know its all about risk management- lets be honest, as normally I leave therapy in a very bad place when talking about deep stuff, so they are trying to prevent it (in other words).

I've managed to write a plan for today, consisting of uni and uni work. I'm currently at uni and am planning to do some of my work before my lecture at 1pm. But I've wrote in my schedule "activity" later on, yet I have no idea or desire for anything- looked at the list and was like meh, and it stresses me out! I need something to distract myself though :/ as Lauren says " its a cycle of low mood, lack of motivation etc. and you can't just wait until you feel like something before doing it"!! I just wish it was easier :/
  • Options
    Oh but I do have some positive news, everyone in my course has a PDA (personal development advisor) - basically a uni version of a guidance teacher, like you can discuss your progress with them. Everyone has to have a meeting with their PDA and I had mine this morning, I got really positive feedback and he's happy with how I am doing.

Thing is he knows I have mental health issues and its so awkward as hes a neuroscientist so like he knows some stuff to do with mh and it was awkard as he has a leaflet on depression in his office :/ like I just feel like he knows about me, like ages ago he (out of curiosity) asked about my medication as I said I struggle to concentrate , he was like yeah that can cause that but speak to your doctor (so weird that he knows like all the science behind mh meds etc)!! Like I could of got an immunologist, pharmacologist or any other person as a PDA but mines is a neuroscientist !!
  • Options
    Hey Amanda,

I'm really glad that support is now more consistent and continuous for you, that's really good. Well Done for trying as you are doing extremely well indeed. It is understandable that it feels difficult but you're doing so well and should most definitely be proud of yourself.You really should.

STAY STRONG x
  • Options
    Thanks Hannah.

I still don't see a future for myself though :( even when I make things better in the present!
  • Options
    You do have a future Hun, and a very good one at that. The rate you are going, how well you are trying and the fact you are receiving help and treatment all show and prove that!

How you feeling?
  • Options
    You do have a future Hun, and a very good one at that. The rate you are going, how well you are trying and the fact you are receiving help and treatment all show and prove that!

How you feeling?

Thanks Hannah,

I know logically I do have a future, but my thoughts and emotions overrule and make me believe otherwise...they are illogical but I just can't convince myself of that......does that make sense??

To be honest, been having ups and downs and I'm really trying at the moment, but I've also had downs too- for example I don't know if i mentioned I had 7 CBT sessions on the primary mental health team (before I saw the community MH team, which is who I am with now).

And I'm still on medication , so who knows how this will go when I try to come off them :(

Honestly had a great start to the morning and had lunch with my friends (we just left about 30mins ago) and now I have this deep sense of sadness :( its horrible......its so sudden, its like its just hit me like a tonne of bricks!!!
  • Options
    hi,

It's good that deep down you know and realise that you do have a future ahead of you, and a really good one at that-Trust me, I can tell :thumb: I understand completely that your thoughts and emotions make you think and believe the opposite however it's not true, okay Hun. Yes, of course it makes sense:thumb:

Downs are bad when they happen although at the same time, it's really good that you are having ups and downs, rather than just ups or just down's. At the moment, I am feeling and have true downs happening and occurring more than the ups. Anyways, how are your sessions going so far? Remember, these things do take time to settle into and get used to, stay strong x

How are you feeling today?*hug*'s