Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

'I need somewhere to post random shit'

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    plugitin wrote: »
    Luckily when I got home my mum found a weird crumb in my lunchbox that turned out to be the screw!

:lol:
  • Options
    The weather is just stupid. I got home and was rather wet, which meant I had to change. We now have sun. I got home 15 minutes ago...
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Bought a £345 dress for Sunday wedding, sisters was cheaper, but I regret my choice D: - All together mums, mine and older sisters outfits were £800 something, can't remember for the life of me :P We spent like £1500 yesterday xxD As we also bought like food from Indian shops down there, as per. Everything we can't buy here!! But then we stopped of at Ikea on the way back and bought a £350 rug for our main room xxD Crikey bob!! It's similar to our other rug which was pretty expensive in it's own right. Also other bits and bops!! #SpendingSpree
  • Options
    And for the first time ever, I've managed to buy alcohol with getting ID'd. I'm 26...
  • Options
    I filled in my form wrong....27 page booklet and ive done the first four page wrong.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    And for the first time ever, I've managed to buy alcohol with getting ID'd. I'm 26...

Was it someone whose served you in the past? :P - They often ID me first time and never again!!
  • Options
    Emmalee wrote: »
    I filled in my form wrong....27 page booklet and ive done the first four page wrong.

Whats the form for?
  • Options

Was it someone whose served you in the past? :P - They often ID me first time and never again!!

Nope! Thinking I was going to get ID'd, (because I usually do) I had my passport on me. Rather surprised he just put it and my other stuff through without saying anything.
  • Options
    I hate how only forms of ID are passport and drivers licence (Including provisional)! D:
  • Options
    What were you getting? A lovely bottle of Rose? ;)
  • Options
    I hate how only forms of ID are passport and drivers licence (Including provisional)! D:

This annoys me too. I can't drive. I remember a friend being surprised that until this year, I didn't own a passport. I only gave one because I want to go abroad.

I got a bottle of mixed berry cider.
  • Options

I only got my provisional so I didn't need to take my passport as ID on nights out
  • Options
    I'm incredibly bored and I want to go to pride on the 8th but I'm too much of a wimp to go by myself D:
  • Options
    Hiccup wrote: »

I only got my provisional so I didn't need to take my passport as ID on nights out

Most clubs in York, like Kuda, Salvo and shiz will accept your student card thankfully!! Can't bare the thought of loosing my Prov on a night out, don't give much about my student card though xxD
  • Options

This annoys me too. I can't drive. I remember a friend being surprised that until this year, I didn't own a passport. I only gave one because I want to go abroad.

I got a bottle of mixed berry cider.

So who normally bought your alcohol for you? :O - My sister got ID to buy a knife the other day xxD
  • Options
    I'm not a big drinker. Some places do accept a citizen card. Other places are really strict now though.
  • Options
    Don't have a citizen card :( - hahaha, could of really done with one at the start of freshers, but got provisional now, so I use that everywhere and if not, passport which I think is a tad risky. I'm totes like a ninja when I have passport on me. Like I don't let anyone come near me o.o They don't accept citizen card in quite a few places in York strangely enough, a friend of mine bought it once, as she had no ID whatoever, and she wasn't aloud to get drinks at a pub. Insanity! Would of thought they'd take it too.
  • Options
    I should sleep, gotta be up in 4 hours or so to get ready, thankfully I'm a semi morning person xxD - I don't want to murder everyone when I wake up like my sisters xxD - But it's showers, make up, dress on, and that takes like an hour and a half, but if we start getting ready at 6.30 or so, we should be ready on time!!

Also bring everything we need for long journey, I wish I could clap my lights off :( -Gets out of bed to turn lights off-
  • Options
    Don't have a citizen card :( - hahaha, could of really done with one at the start of freshers, but got provisional now, so I use that everywhere and if not, passport which I think is a tad risky. I'm totes like a ninja when I have passport on me. Like I don't let anyone come near me o.o They don't accept citizen card in quite a few places in York strangely enough, a friend of mine bought it once, as she had no ID whatoever, and she wasn't aloud to get drinks at a pub. Insanity! Would of thought they'd take it too.

The problem with citizens cards is the company issuing them doesn't do any checks. When I applied for my passport, I had to get a friend (a retired teacher) to countersign it and had to send off my birth certificate, mum's birth certificate and her marriage certificate. I then had to have an interview. Apparently, they sometimes contact the person who countersigned your passport.
  • Options
    Crikey bob, my dad sorted out all my passport hassle getting a new one, and all that m'larky. Hahha! Really should do stuff like that myself now xD - Woke up 6 and the only thing I've actually managed to do is shower, too tired to function.
  • Options
    Once you're 16 / 18, you can do do all that stuff in your own right.

I was surprised at how quick it actually took. Bearing in mind I sent it just before Christmas and forgot a few bits, it only took 4 weeks to be sorted out.

Is it really summer? I've just been out and got soaked again. :( The only time I've had to change my trousers this week is because they've got wet. :(
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Once you're 16 / 18, you can do do all that stuff in your own right.

I was surprised at how quick it actually took. Bearing in mind I sent it just before Christmas and forgot a few bits, it only took 4 weeks to be sorted out.

Is it really summer? I've just been out and got soaked again. :( The only time I've had to change my trousers this week is because they've got wet. :(

It really doesn't feel like summer - rained all day and 13 degrees. My friend from Glasgow was down, turns out it was better weather in Glasgow!

At least it's still warm (kinda).
  • Options
    The weather was dreadful up in Birmingham on route back, however, strangely got better the more north we headed, hahaha xxD - (Our North) Strange :P
    Met all sorts of relatives I never knew about, and lodes of people telling me how they only saw me when I was 2/3 and now I'm like old D:
  • Options
    Was there ever an answer to the chicken and egg question?

Hahaha, I think it varies, people have there own take on it, gosh knows how :P Doesn't work either way xxD - What do you think!??
  • Options
    Hahhaaha, I know the feeling!

Man, another driving lesson, stress central!! D:
  • Options
    Don't think me and driving teacher get along all that well, hahahaha xxD - I swear, I don't mind awkward silence.
  • Options
    Oooooooo, good luck with your driving lesson!

New store opened up town. Shelves and shelves of Yankee Candles.. :hyper:.
    My bank is crying a bit.
  • Options
    YANKEE CANDLES :heart: - Gosh, I adore them. A friend of mine got be a Pear Barlett one, and it was like the biggest thing over, still has the smell, nom!!

• Options
    OMG guys. I have to set off soon but I NEEDED to come on here to tell you that strawberries and cream shots are the fucking nom. Extremely unhealthy I imagine but I've never tasted such a yummy alcoholic drink. Y'all need to try this shiz.
  • Options
    When's it bed time mann? Proper sleepy o.o