Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sooooooooooooooooo

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The US just gave 20 million to the Palestinians...one of the few people on earth cheering after 9/11.

Araft's wife has had some nice shopping sprees in London on US money.

There's lot's of reason for failures in the Middle East. For their own good, Arabs need to also look at themselves and their leaders to affix blame.

Clandestine, you are a sincere person but the EU can't take a high moral ground after laundering Saddam's money in both French and Luxemborg banks and after providing Castro with recently, $16.4 million in aid...which he has now rejected. The EU is either on the moral high ground...or it isn't. and you either have the same standards for it regarding both what you say is your country...the US and where you live...in a country that is a member of the EU...or you're not being morally consistent.

There's no reason to trust the EU in negotiations...unless the bigger the EU entities become, the better it is for where you live.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet

She is firmly secured in Paris with "their" daughter, funded by the drug smuggling which occured after the Oslo agreements.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    The US just gave 20 million to the Palestinians...one of the few people on earth cheering after 9/11.
    I didn't see anyone cheering. Did you? Are you referring to the footage of Palestinians "celebrating" the attacks that turned up to be old footage for something else someone managed to broadcast "by mistake"?

But even if there were 100 idiots on the street celebrating there were 2,000,000 than were not. You surely aren't suggesting all Palestinians shared that feeling and therefore should have not received any aid, are you pnj?

Dream on.

Clandestine, you are a sincere person but the EU can't take a high moral ground after laundering Saddam's money in both French and Luxemborg banks
    Your ignorance regarding the EU is breathtaking.

and after providing Castro with recently, $16.4 million in aid
    So? Should we go through the list of dictatorships, mass murderers and butchers the US government has given money to?
  • Options
    pnj, Saddam's money was laundered for far longer through our own US banks and enterprises, factor that into your pontificating before pointing the finger anywhere else.

You are champion at continuously slamming every other nation or grouping of nations before addressing the very ground you stand upon.

Is there inconsistency universally across the whole of the political spectrum? Yes, that's politics. But the EU maintains respect for multilateral mechanisms for dealing with global issues that the Bush admin has shown itself incapable and unwilling to do in their cowboy shoot em up style.

There is no inconsistency to my decrying what I see as a profound misadventure and misdirection in the positions and policies of the current regime in Washington. They give money to numerous countries with hideous human rights records and the EU gives to its share as well. Nothing new or shocking there.

As for your snide remarks about money to given to the Palestinians, I would remind you that 20 million is a drop in the bucket compared to what is passed in the other hand to the fascist Israeli war machine which continues to build its prison camp walls around Palestinian areas, refuses to make substantive progress in dismantling settlements, uses its obigations illegitimately as bargaining chips, and continues to maneuvre the situation such that no real progress will be achieved and violence will eventually resume, giving them more room for casting blame on anyone but themselves.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I didn't see anyone cheering. Did you? Are you referring to the footage of Palestinians "celebrating" the attacks that turned up to be old footage for something else someone managed to broadcast "by mistake"?

I saw them here in Denmark, I live pretty close to the US embassy. There was a group of them in cars, waving the Palestinian flag, and cheering out of the car in front of the embassy.

One of my uncles in Israel lives in the French Hill quarter, which is actually the same neighbourhood as the arabs who got funding from Kuwait and Bahrain to build villas, there they said they saw celebrations as well.
  • Options
    And these small groups are thus representative of all Palestinians is that it, Jacq?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine

As for your snide remarks about money to given to the Palestinians, I would remind you that 20 million is a drop in the bucket compared to what is passed in the other hand to the fascist Israeli war machine which continues to build its prison camp walls around Palestinian areas, refuses to make substantive progress in dismantling settlements, uses its obigations illegitimately as bargaining chips, and continues to maneuvre the situation such that no real progress will be achieved and violence will eventually resume, giving them more room for casting blame on anyone but themselves.

13 out of 15 settlements which were in a plan to be taken down, have been put down.
  • Options
    And these small groups are thus representative of all Palestinians is that it, Jacq?

When have I said that? Stop puttingwords into my mouth.
    Just showing a bit of contrats to Aladdins statement, which made it sound like no rejoicing by Palestinians occured at all.

Now go on, want to distort and twist more of what I say? Go on, I see that is your specialty.
  • Options
    I didn't see anyone cheering. Did you?
    Aladdin.

I believe you didn't Aladdin as I do believe you are a decent person. That's number one. Number two if confirms my thinking that the bbc is biased.
  • Options
    As I'm sure there were in many other places on earth. Hell, for all we know there might have even been a few bible-belting, Ann Coulter-reading, trailer park morons who weren't too displeased at the attacks on godless Liberal New Yorkers. But no one would use such cases to try to accuse a whole nation of supporting the attacks. Well, no one other than pnj.
  • Options
    LOL. Here we go with the BBC again...

The footage of Palestinians firing weapons into the air and celebrating was shown worldwide on all TV stations... But whereas real celebrations might have taken place by a few idiots the footage in question turned up to be a few months old.

And you are avoiding the question. Are you suggesting that the whole Palestinian nation was celebrating the attacks?
  • Options
    Well Jacq, nice to see that you read as well as you respond. :rolleyes:

I asked you a question. I did not "put words in your mouth" or "twist" what you said. It was merely a call for you to clarify what you were driving at with your commentary about the odd group here or there rejoicing, given that pnj seeks any opportunity to dismiss or condemn entire people groups for the behaviour of a few idiots.

Funnily enough, he doesnt seem to make similar extrapolations based on the shameful behaviour of our political leaders. I suppose to him all US/UK citizens are pure as the driven snow and can do no wrong.
  • Options
    Are you suggesting that the whole Palestinian nation was celebrating the attacks?

The reports at the time said it was only a relatively small group celebrating. So that's what I think.
  • Options
    So if you think it was only relatively small group that was celebrating why did you throw in the comment about "the US giving money to the Palestinians... one of the few people on earth cheering after 9/11"? Don't you think that comment is generalising?
  • Options
    Well Jacq, nice to see that you read as well as you respond. :rolleyes:

I asked you a question. I did not "put words in your mouth" or "twist" what you said. It was merely a call for you to clarify what you were driving at with your commentary about the odd group here or there rejoicing, given that pnj seeks any opportunity to dismiss or condemn entire people groups for the behaviour of a few idiots.

To be honest, you have the same pattern of replying over and over again, don't need to be a genius to get your style, and still I foolishly enough waste time on replying to your pathetic posts.

Now go on and complain about the fascist Israelis, their similarity to the nazis etc, all while ignoring soldiers like Oleg Shaichat.
  • Options
    Ah so rather than be bothered adressing your own persistent glossing over of anything that the Israeli government might be far more accountable for in this ongoing struggle, you fall back to non-thinking position which permits you to call everyone else biased and blinkered for daring to point out the truth of the matter.

Sure it takes two to make a conflict, but it takes two to make peace too Jacq, and frankly the history of successive attempts in the past 10 years to reolve this conflict have been scuppered by the intransigence of the Israel negotiators and the govt and always claiming "security concerns" as the main excuse.

Well railroading the process time and again has certainly given the IDF more shooting and rocket practice, but it hasnt brought the nation of Israel any greater security.

So instead of running away from the question put to you, why not spare us the profiling and just answer the question?

Unless you are intent on diverting the topic of this thread into one of personal biases and character studies.

Oh and just to be clear, I never called "Israelis" fascists, although the government and its policies are visibly so, and that is what concerns me. Nice dodge though! ;)
  • Options
    You're thick. Truly and simply. How had is it to remember what I wrote a page back in this thread?
    You do not digest at all, what is being written.

Btw, if kidnapings and bombs aren't good enough to be categorised as a security concern, then tell me what is?
  • Options
    Don't you think that comment is generalising?
    Aladdin.

Yes, it was. That's the problem with my personality...saying exactly what I think at the moment...and the Internet.

Like I've also said...and it's true...Muslims have been the most help after 9/11 because they could infiltrate the extremists.
  • Options
    I asked you a question. I did not "put words in your mouth" or "twist" what you said.

Sorry to be pedantic, but you tried to paraphrase what she said, adding your own spin and then covering that by phrasing it as a question.

Nowhere did she suggest that this was representative of Palestinians as a whole, in fact the first line pointed out that these people were in Denmark and she added a further account (as hearsay) from Israel.

I thought it was a pretty clear [eyewitness] rebuttal of Aladdin's assertion that no Palestinians "celebrated" the WTC attacks.

I know that the Israeli Govt sucks (to put it mildly) but let's not pretend that all segments of the Palestinian society are as angelic as you seem to want us to believe.
  • Options
    Nor did I suggest that all segments of Palestinian society are angelic.

As for my response to Jacq, rather than the all too typical and expected dodge and run response I got I was simply testing to see whether her response to Al was also indicative of a tacit agreement with pnj's standard blanketing of entire people groups based on his belief that what is on tv represents the "masses".

Instead, without so much as a single curt remark against her personally, I get ridiculous and childish vitriole and insult instead.

No skin off my teeth either way, but highly amusing to see Jacq incapable of clarifying her stand with reference to that of pnj's to which Al was responding.

Simple really, she takes Al to task and leaves herself appearing to defend the slanted media view that fuels our NJ surfer friend.

All you had to do Jacq without the, PMS plate throwing tantrum, was answer a simple question with a simple one line (or even one word) response. Instead we get hysterics.

A credit to your intellectual capacity for debate! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    You're doing it again.

Your analysing skills are worth shit, if you can't understand simple posts. Let alone catch the point of them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    You're doing it again.

Your analysing skills are worth shit, if you can't understand simple posts. Let alone catch the point of them.

Ah so now you wish to be obtuse and evasive when questioned much like monocrat is that it Jacq?

Do let us know when her highness will deign to answer with anything more than snide quips.

Perhaps though you need it spelled out for you. You responded to Al in such a way as to suggest agreement with pnj's bogus generalisation that "Palestinians" as a people cheered the attacks. Since your response to Al did not dispell such a possibility, I simply requested you to clarify whether you were or were not associating with that sort of narrow minded reactionism.

I think the answer to that is fairly obvious though given your tirade. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Ah so now you wish to be obtuse and evasive when questioned much like monocrat is that it Jacq?

Do let us know when her highness will deign to answer with anything more than snide quips.

Perhaps though you need it spelled out for you. You responded to Al in such a way as to suggest agreement with pnj's bogus generalisation that "Palestinians" as a people cheered the attacks. Since your response to Al did not dispell such a possibility, I simply requested you to clarify whether you were or were not associating with that sort of narrow minded reactionism.

I think the answer to that is fairly obvious though given your tirade. :rolleyes:

From my own encounter I mentioned that I saw them as a group. Group should be a keyword.

MoK had no difficulties understanding that, doesn't seem like anyone else had either, but if you want to continue displaying your stupidity then go on, I have time.

Another thing, as much as you dislike both pnj and me, please do not assume that we agree on all and everything, or anything else in that direction. I am perfectly capable of having my own goddamn opinion without leaning up to anyone forming a "daisy chain jerking circle".
  • Options
    MoK chooses to be pedantic when it suits him as do I. Your answer, without further clarification, did in fact suggest a tacit accord with pnj's prior contention insofar as you took Al to task but not pnj.

That I have to point that out to you says little of your own intelligence and comprehension, so Id advise you to follow the whole thread rather than merely the preceeding post if you have trouble determining why questions are put to you in the first place.

As for liking or disliking, I have no feelings either way toward you or pnj. Toward your positions perhaps more often than not, but not knowing either of you I am not given to dismissing you as a person as you appear wont to do with those who dare criticise the government of Israel.
  • Options
    Like I said somewhere...that sight of celebrating Palestinians came to mind...but I'd hope most people wouldn't feel that way. Fact is, I think most people worldwide are people like you'd have in any society. You probably have people who are angry at everything and everyone, you have the neighborhood gossip, people who are too into their religion, people who aren't religious...that's my viewpoint of every country. Basically, I think people are people.
  • Options
    One image I remember however was of Arafat donating blood for the 9/11 victims. In fact he was the only politician/head of state I remember donating blood.
  • Options
    Aladdin, it says a lot that I didn't see that. That should have been carried more. I could have missed it but if an effort was made to get that news out...I would have seen it I think.
  • Options
    Clandestine, do you want to continue? You're not improving, or re-newing anything. All same old shit which everyone is used to see coming from you. As said, I have time.

Originally posted by Aladdin
    One image I remember however was of Arafat donating blood for the 9/11 victims. In fact he was the only politician/head of state I remember donating blood.

Same man, who has been proved to help fund suicide bombers in Israel.
  • Options
    Interesting how noone else seems to share your opinion on much of anything princess.

But if it makes you feel intelligent to continue with snide remarks of little merit or credence go right ahead.

Do let us know when you have something substantive to respond with.

And of course, is it any surprise to once again read your condemnation for Arafat, a man whom Sharon himself has long outpaced in the war criminal dept.

Perhaps if the IDF and its Likhud paymasters could stop rocket bombing Palestinian neighbourhoods and bulldozing their homes and lives into rubble all with US paid military equipment, you wouldnt need to complain about Palestinians defending themselves with the only means left to them or those who support their families after the fact.

Perhaps spending a year living in one of the squalid walled in areas as they do might change your take on the situation.
  • Options
    Interesting how noone else seems to share your opinion on much of anything princess.

But if it makes you feel intelligent to continue with snide remarks of little merit or credence go right ahead.

Do let us know when you have something substantive to respond with.

And of course, is it any surprise to once again read your condemnation for Arafat, a man whom Sharon himself has long outpaced in the war criminal dept.

Perhaps if the IDF and its Likhud paymasters could stop rocket bombing Palestinian neighbourhoods and bulldozing their homes and lives into rubble all with US paid military equipment, you wouldnt need to complain about Palestinians defending themselves with the only means left to them or those who support their families after the fact.

Perhaps spending a year living in one of the squalid walled in areas as they do might change your take on the situation.

Maybe you should of all people practice what you preach, and go and visit. Get some perspective. I have seen Jerusalem, I have seen Jenin. Tel-Aviv and Golan. Met both the followers of Shas and of Meretz.

So how deep are you in it all? How far have you gone, to see what is actually happening and going on?

If you want to forget and ignore what Arafat has been part of, then welcome. Just don't expect me, to keep it hidden under the carpet.

Btw, Israel is behind the IDF, no need to single out the Likud.