Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

death by fat ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
we have known for years that fat is bad for us. now the latest research shows that to much fat can lead to breast cancer ...and god knows what else.
is it time we all shunned mcdonalds and the likes? i already do anyway but ...

Comments

• Options
    probably but if you belived everything in the papers we would live on only water for fear anything else would give us cancer
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    probably but if you belived everything in the papers we would live on only water for fear anything else would give us cancer
    water! god no ...god invented water for washing things and swimming in. then sent his son to show that we could turn it into booze. water is not for drinking! double cheeseburger and fries would be healthier.
  • Options
    or we use water to feed out...herbs ;)
  • Options
    I eat at Mickey D's 3 or 4 times a week and look at me? But I also board and surf.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    I eat at Mickey D's 3 or 4 times a week and look at me? But I also board and surf.

Could you have made a more American comment? Surfing, skating and Macdonalds? You are making me wish I hadnt turned down a wedding invite :(. Not that I fancy smashing Jewish plates.
  • Options
    water is for drinking :yes: among many other uses
  • Options
    umm u can die from drinking too much water, there was a thigy in the news a couple of days ago about this braodway fella who drank 2 bottles of water in a go cause he was soo hoyt and he collapsed cause it all saturated in his brain
  • Options
    I read about a man who died after drinking 8 liters of water, water can be dangerous :nervous:

We humans are meant to take 2 liters a day according to government research, but would u trust the government.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    I would u trust the government.
    thats a trick question ...right shogun?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    thats a trick question ...right shogun?

figure it out :p
  • Options
    its just a shame that macca d isnt only bad for us .....its shit food lol
  • Options
    i very rarely eat fast food :yuck:
    and when i do it's subway
  • Options
    hmmm cut down on fatty foods? neva heard that one before :crazyeyes :crazyeyes :crazyeyes
  • Options
    I've nothing against fat people, even though they have THEMSELVES to blame if they think McDonalds makes them fat. Even still fat women are the most aesthetically unpleasing females in the world.
  • Options
    Originally posted by monocrat
    Even still fat women are the most aesthetically unpleasing females in the world.

To you maybe. To some people they are much more beautiful than skin on a stick like a lot of women I meet in my job. I have one client, she's a size 20, and although she's on the large size she has the most beautiful smile and shining eyes. She dresses to please and pleases she does. I think that's a very one sided comment to make.
  • Options
    I eat at Mickey D's 3 or 4 times a week

Why?

Do you have no taste buds?

It doesn't matter how much exercise you do - that's still unhealthy.

The issue of diet needs to be addressed, I think healthier food should be made less expensive, but the market is all about profit, so it won't happen. It's the patterns children acquire now - and it stays with them and is passed to the next generation.

Monocrat - maybe you should change that statement to unhealthy women are the most aesthetically unpleasing? Unless you like the anorexic look.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    Why?

Do you have no taste buds?

It doesn't matter how much exercise you do - that's still unhealthy.

The issue of diet needs to be addressed, I think healthier food should be made less expensive, but the market is all about profit, so it won't happen. It's the patterns children acquire now - and it stays with them and is passed to the next generation.

Monocrat - maybe you should change that statement to unhealthy women are the most aesthetically unpleasing? Unless you like the anorexic look.

3/4 times a week?! Elysium's right PNJ that's just not healthy, I think one Big Mac has your whole fat content for the day - it's some shocking statistic like that. You can't see the damage you're doing to your arteries, also no offence PNJ but American portion sizes are at least double what we get here. A guy from my dad's bank went to work at their Washington DC offices for a year or something and he put on masses of weight. I remember going to Planet Hollywood in London when I was about 10 and asked for a child's portion, I got a portion that would easily satisfy a British adult.

What I would do is take Common Agricultural Policy subsidies away from farmers and give it to supermarkets to make EU grown produce a lot cheaper I'd also ban adverts for those food products that are targetted at children - usually absolutely disgusting stuff full of sugars and salts and additives. Also encourage healthy eating at school - my nursery used to give us milk and chopped up fruit at break and as we went up the infant school we were taught the basics about food.

Mono - what a ridiculous statement, how fat is fat? How can you generalise thousands of women like that?

On anorexia, did anyone else see Diets From Hell on ITV on Tuesday? Urgh, I don't usually feel feint at TV programmes but when they showed these pictures of anorexic girls who were literally all skin and bones they'd got off pro-anorexia websites I felt physically sick.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby

Diet coke causes cancer in lab rats didja know :p

Anyway, we all have cancer genes in our bodies and there're a lot of things that trigger them off.

As for 'fat' people, well in our society it's seen as undesirable. Go back 200 or go to another culture and being 'fat' is seen as very desirable, a sign of affluency or good health. It leaves you to be more unhealthy however, but the model females protrayed by the media are ridiculous, far from a real life healthy woman.
  • Options
    Originally posted by trinster
    To you maybe. To some people they are much more beautiful than skin on a stick like a lot of women I meet in my job. I have one client, she's a size 20, and although she's on the large size she has the most beautiful smile and shining eyes. She dresses to please and pleases she does. I think that's a very one sided comment to make.

To many, not just me.

In contemporary society being fat is frowned upon.
  • Options
    Originally posted by monocrat
    In contemporary society being fat is frowned upon.

Society, schmeity :p
  • Options
    I cannot stand fast food! I never eat it! But the thing is theres like nothing around town that isnt fast food anymore:( Theres only one or 2 places where you can go and eat decent food. In my town these being an Italian Restuarant and a Chinese Restuarant. Though they are probably not healthy to an extent too.
  • Options
    The picture of me is accurate. I eat at Mickey D's 3 or 4 times a week. But I board to school and surf in the summer. I also ride my bike everywhere and like to walk through the nature reserve we have on the cape where I live. So is the problem fat...or is it...not even laziness but being tired from work and so eating and then watching t.v.? Or in the case of my buds, being a gamer and sitting in front of the PC instead of going out and playing something?

One other thought. Dudes who want really big muscles eat at Mickey D's cause the fat/whatever is in their stuff helps them bulk up when they lift.
  • Options
    It will catch up with you pnj... trust me on that.
  • Options
    Eating at McDonalds 3 or 4 times a week is unhealthy , but by the sound of things you do a lot of exercise , and that is what matters.

Getting fat is a result mainly of not exercising , diet is still important , but exercise is the main thing.
  • Options
    The picture of me is accurate. I eat at Mickey D's 3 or 4 times a week. But I board to school and surf in the summer. I also ride my bike everywhere and like to walk through the nature reserve we have on the cape where I live. So is the problem fat...or is it...not even laziness but being tired from work and so eating and then watching t.v.? Or in the case of my buds, being a gamer and sitting in front of the PC instead of going out and playing something?

One other thought. Dudes who want really big muscles eat at Mickey D's cause the fat/whatever is in their stuff helps them bulk up when they lift.

Yeah but they're missing out on vital nutrients such as vitamins. And no the "cheese" and milkshakes do not count as calcium.

You see this is the problem with junk food - people think if they just exercise it's ok. It is not. The sugar rots your teeth, your cholesterol is rising and god knows what all those hidden chemicals, e-numbers are doing.

Life is not about what you look like on the outside.

Monocrat - but what are you defining as fat? Larger people in general? Or the morbidly obese?

Kevlar - I didn't see that programme, but I've seen many before. Horrible and just so saddening. Once at work this anorexic girl came in - I have never seen anyone look so ill and thin before - and everyone was looking at her. No-one knew where to look really. Her eyes looked so empty. :( Our whole society's attitude towards food is severely messed-up.
  • Options
    Do any of you guyz who worry about fat eat ice cream. You might find this interesting/depressing.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030723/ts_nm/health_icecream_dc_2

You know what I did? I took a pint of Haggan Daz ice cream, in the UK I guess a container meant for four people, took the ice cream out of the container and ate it...letting it drip down my arm...on a bench next to a track where adults jog to stay fit/thin. One lady jogger laughed and said you are truly evil.:naughty:
  • Options
    Do any of you guyz who worry about fat eat ice cream. You might find this interesting/depressing.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030723/ts_nm/health_icecream_dc_2

You know what I did? I took a pint of Haggan Daz ice cream, in the UK I guess a container meant for four people, took the ice cream out of the container and ate it...letting it drip down my arm...on a bench next to a track where adults jog to stay fit/thin. One lady jogger laughed and said you are truly evil.:naughty:

Why?

If I was that jogger I would have taken that tub and whacked you round the head with it; just because you have nothing better to do with your time.

Balanced diet is the key.
  • Options
    PNJ just because you are slim, doesnt mean what you eat is healthy or that you are healthy. by eating that much mcdonalds you will be depriving yourself of vital nutrients.
  • Options
    rb true. I agree.

EU Guess she had a better sense of humor.

Jogging seems silly to me. Running around in circles.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Don't worry, it's a well known fact that teenagers don't have a very advanced sense of taste (in more ways than one).

In 12 years time you will look back and truly despair about what you used to eat (and drink, and listen to, and watch in the multiplex) when you were younger.