Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

someone be nice to me

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Trust me, people like me, Kieran and others are most definetly not obsessive about poltical corectness.

Equal Opportunities you want? Hmmm
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Take a chill pill

It's a debate, and quite a good one at that :)
  • Options
    Anyway, you didn't make a joke, you made a statement saying men are the scum of the Earth.

As a joke, and I thought most people would have enough sense to see that :rolleyes:

If it makes you happy, I apologise to the men of the world, you are all Gods on earth and without you, women would be nothing :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura

If it makes you happy, I apologise to the men of the world, you are all Gods on earth and without you, women would be nothing :rolleyes:

Take it down to that level if you want :rolleyes:

Ah well.
  • Options
    As a joke, and I thought most people would have enough sense to see that :rolleyes:

since we are being politically correct et al i think you have to retract that statement because it contavenes my religious beliefs.:razz:
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    So dont all you blokes go gettin on your high horse when a girl says it!

They got like this the other day when someone posted a joke about men :rolleyes:

I go back to my original comment......Boys suck :p;)
  • Options
    *offers a hug and a cherry drop* :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Take it down to that level if you want :rolleyes:

Ah well.

Interesting how I generalise by saying men are scum and everyone complains, but I generalise by saying they're Gods and that's ok because it's not negative.

I'm just trying to make a point that it's ridiculous when someone can't make a simple comment, as a joke, without people having a go about it. Men do it, women do it, none of us are perfect. Can't you just let it pass?

And b_b, sorry for taking over the thread. I hope you feel better soon and I'm sure he's not worth your time if he led you on then dropped you like that :( *hugs*
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    So dont all you blokes go gettin on your high horse when a girl says it!

But that's just it. The reason men get wound up is when a girl says something like that, because they go on about equal rights etc etc etc

There was a thing about the Chippendales on TV a while back, and there were loads of women swooning and chanting for him to take his kecks off.

If men did that, they'd be branded perverts and there would be an outcry.

Mainly because women get on their high horse about things like this.
  • Options
    Lil Laura I know what it's liked to be flamed on here!

I saw you were joking anyway and this James sounds like a big piece of nobcheese.

The guys on here get so defensive because they're all sweet virginal men who are such kind gentlemen that they take offense to being compared to a bloke just wanting to get his yayas and then leave the girl in the lurch.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    *offers a hug and a cherry drop* :D

*accepts both* thank u :)
  • Options
    Interesting how I generalise by saying men are scum and everyone complains, but I generalise by saying they're Gods and that's ok because it's not negative.

Are you insane?

So if I said "I think Asian people are the warmest, most friendly people on Earth", I should get called a racist or whatever, because it isn't negative?

You made a sexist comment, whether you claim it was a joke or not :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    and this James sounds like a big piece of nobcheese.

he is! hes a big huge smelly peice of nob cheese
  • Options
    Just want to add, if I go on about equal rights I mean things should be the same for everyone, so that means I wanna jokingly be sexist and they can to me too. Everyone has different views on this though. Im just dead easy going and if somethings said in joke context, ill take it as a joke :D
  • Options

But that wasn't 'offending' anyone.

Just for the record, I didn't take offence. I don't care. Usually the woman that spout this crap turn out to be Nazi feminist lesbians who don't bother shaving. It just pisses me off how women want equality, but still seem to think they can have this double standard thing going on.

Like when it coems to hitting guys. They expect us to act all cute. They want equal rights, equal pay, and equal treatment for everything, except when it comes to shit like this, then they want you to 'react cutely' instead of putting them in a headlock and drop kicking them.

Why don't women react 'cutely' when men hit them for a change? Oops, I forgot - that's domestic abuse.
  • Options

The guys on here get so defensive because they're all sweet virginal men who are such kind gentlemen that they take offense to being compared to a bloke just wanting to get his yayas and then leave the girl in the lurch.

I dunno if thats you being ironic or just plain daft :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo

Usually the woman that spout this crap turn out to be Nazi feminist lesbians who don't bother shaving. It just pisses me off how women want equality,

ROFLMFAO!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    It just pisses me off how women want equality, but still seem to think they can have this double standard thing going on.

Yep.

I didn't take offence either by the way, I just think Lil_Laura was wrong to make that comment.
  • Options
    putting them in a headlock and drop kicking them[/QUO

classic
  • Options
    But that's just it. The reason men get wound up is when a girl says something like that, because they go on about equal rights etc etc etc

There was a thing about the Chippendales on TV a while back, and there were loads of women swooning and chanting for him to take his kecks off.

If men did that, they'd be branded perverts and there would be an outcry.

Mainly because women get on their high horse about things like this.

Men have been treating women like that for much longer than women have been treating men like that..

But believe it or not I do see the point you're making, and I do see why you're offended, but it was a joke. I think you'll find that unless it's something hugely offensive, a lot of women would let sexist comments made in jest pass. In any case, they (in my opinion) are much more likely to let it pass than a bloke would be about a similar comment made about a bloke.
  • Options
    *jumps on table and screams*

shut up shut up shut up!!!
  • Options
    I dunno if thats you being ironic or just plain daft :confused:

The last girl I heard say something like that was a lesbian.
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    *jumps on table and screams*

shut up shut up shut up!!!

*kicks leg of table thus sending B_B sprawling*
    its just getting good watching everyone getting all thick and excited!
  • Options
    The last girl I heard say something like that was a lesbian.

Oh darn, you got me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Just want to add, if I go on about equal rights I mean things should be the same for everyone, so that means I wanna jokingly be sexist and they can to me too. Everyone has different views on this though. Im just dead easy going and if somethings said in joke context, ill take it as a joke :D

And I agree with that philosophy by the way, I am not a Nazi feminist lesbian who doesn't bother shaving lol.

I just think it's pathetic that someone can't make a simple comment, as a joke, which I thought was plainly obvious as a joke, without being flamed for it. If you disagree Bri, that's fine. I can see your point of view. I personally just think it's taking the equal rights/political correctness thing way too far.

And I'm going to shut up now because b_b asked...so nicely lol.
  • Options
    Men have been treating women like that for much longer than women have been treating men like that..

Oh, so it's revenge is it? Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

But believe it or not I do see the point you're making, and I do see why you're offended, but it was a joke.

I wasn't offended, I just thought it was a totally idiotic thing to say.

In any case, they (in my opinion) are much more likely to let it pass than a bloke would be about a similar comment made about a bloke

Fair enough if that's your opinion, but it's a load of crap. Women are far more likely to start slagging off the bloke when she's with her girly mates, wheras a bloke would more than likely just forget about it. In my opinion.

Anyway it's about more than that. Like how is it acceptable for women to slap men in pubs, whereas if a bloke even thought about doing it, he'd get hell.

Not that I'm saying it'd be right in any way for either sex to do that.
  • Options

I just think it's pathetic that someone can't make a simple comment, as a joke, which I thought was plainly obvious as a joke, without being flamed for it. If you disagree Bri, that's fine. I can see your point of view. I personally just think it's taking the equal rights/political correctness thing way too far.

You're not getting this :|

Neither me or Bri actually give a shit about what you said. I can accept it's a joke. Even if it wasn't, I still wouldn't care. The thing that pisses us off is if we made the same joke about girls, we'd get flamed.
  • Options
    I never had Bri and Kiezo down as modern day masculinists :p

Was gonna say feminists but thats not quite right is it.
  • Options
    I agree whole heartedly that it is disgusting that a woman can beat up a man in public and not get slated, in fact, receive cheers from everyone, but if a man did the same to a woman, he'd get a punch and be called a woman beater and prosecuted.

And also how women expect to be allowed to work but not give much of their wages to their husbands, but if their husbands work they'd expect almost all of his wages.

I just think it's a shame when guys can't laugh at themselves. I can appreciate that us women can be bitchy and gold digging and what have you, and I can laugh at it, but I don't take it personally or say "you've offended my kind".
  • Options

I just think it's a shame when guys can't laugh at themselves. I can appreciate that us women can be bitchy and gold digging and what have you, and I can laugh at it, but I don't take it personally or say "you've offended my kind".

Guys can and do laugh at themselves.

It's just a fact that if someone said women were the scum of the earth, I'm willing to bet that hardly any women on here would laugh it off just like that.

And that's not a dig at women on here, it's just an idea about society in general.
  • Options

We can. When it's funny. 'Men suck' is not funny. Neither is 'Women suck'.

Anyway, noone said they took it personally, or were offended by it :/