Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

someone be nice to me

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    Men are the scum of the earth :yes:

They're only good when you want something :yes:

Have to say thats a bit harsh
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    i fall for people to quickly then get walked all over

I have that problem too! I know it's no help now, but you will meet someone nice soon :) Just remember you're not the only one, i'm sure between us lot we could fill pages and pages with our embarrassing stories ;)
  • Options
    Men are the scum of the earth :yes:

They're only good when you want something :yes:

Replace 'men' with 'women'

Is it just as 'ok' to say that?
  • Options
    Awww :( *huuuuuuuuuge hugs* men are bastards.

Cheer up, there'll be someone else for you.

:)
  • Options
    Could you possibly me more generalised?

I'm a man (OK, debatable point) and I don't think I'm the scum of the earth
    Have to say thats a bit harsh
    Replace 'men' with 'women'

Is it just as 'ok' to say that?

Bloody hell I was only joking! Don't tell me none of you have ever made generalised comments about members of the opposite sex when a mate's been dumped or whatever, to try and make them feel better/to lighten the mood.
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Awww :( *huuuuuuuuuge hugs* men are bastards.

Cheer up, there'll be someone else for you.

:)

why did this turn into a male bashing frenzy???
    the guy was honest, he could have led her on but instead told the truth.........................isn't that a good thing although not the desired outcome???
    *confused*
  • Options
    I'm one of those that suggested you go for it. I'm really sorry it didn't work out. I feel slightly guilty about that now. I never meant you to get hurt, it just seemed like he was interested in you.

I'm sorry.

Anyway, men aren't all bad. Not all men walk over and use women. I'm trying to find an example to proove this and actually finding it quite difficult... which I suppose really doesn't help... but trust me, there are decent men out there.

100th post :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by KrazyKlown
    the guy was honest, he could have led her on but instead told the truth.........................isn't that a good thing although not the desired outcome???
    *confused*
    Male-bashing is compulsory when a girl is rejected by one, dumped or has any similar bad experience with one. It helps us feel better :)

Don't worry, we don't mean it really! :p we love you all...
  • Options
    Don't tell me none of you have ever made generalised comments about members of the opposite sex when a mate's been dumped or whatever, to try and make them feel better/to lighten the mood.

Oh right, so if a mate of mine got dumped by an Asian girl, that makes it OK for me to start saying all Asians are scum etc etc

Have another :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Girls suck for being too emotional. Yeah :yeees:
  • Options
    *confused*

Yes it was the right thing for him to do, and yes I'm sure blonde__batman appreciates that. But it still doesn't stop her feeling disappointed and let down. It probably took a lot of guts and a lot of 'well I'm pretty sure he likes me's for her to let him know how she felt, and to ask him how he felt. And if everyone else has been telling her that he like's her, of course she's going to feel let down.

Have you never, ever in your life said to yourself/a friend that 'women are bitches' or anything similar, when you or your friend is feeling let down and hurt, regardless of whether she did the right thing or not?
  • Options
    When one of my lad mates gets dumped, all i hear from my other male mates is "its alright mate, all women are trouble/slappers/not worth it" So dont all you blokes go gettin on your high horse when a girl says it!
  • Options
    Is this the same guy that you were talking about the other day? I think his name's Jamie, he was hugging you and lying on you and stuff?
  • Options

Have you never, ever in your life said to yourself/a friend that 'women are bitches' or anything similar, when you or your friend is feeling let down and hurt, regardless of whether she did the right thing or not?

It's one thing to cuddle someone and say "men suck" in the privacy of someone's own home, or even by PM or MSN.

It's something else to come on an open internet thingy and start saying men are scum of the earth.

For a start, it's against the rules of the whole thing.

And second, men rule :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Oh right, so if a mate of mine got dumped by an Asian girl, that makes it OK for me to start saying all Asians are scum etc etc

Have another :rolleyes:

It...Was...A...Joke!! I don't actually think that all men are scum! Some are, some aren't. And doubtless some Asians are scum, and some aren't.

I'm sorry but I don't believe you've never made a light hearted generalisation ever in your entire life. If I'm wrong, and you honestly haven't, then you must be some kind of superhuman because everyone does it; it doesn't mean they genuinely believe it. Have you never said or laughed at a blonde joke? Or any joke offensive to anyone?
  • Options
    thing is he did kinda lead me on....he was all being really nice and hugging me and all that sorta stuff the other nite and then text me saying he wanted to c me more than he does now and also said 'and who knows wat may happen ;)' so that is leading me on

dont feel bad skateside...i wud have asked him anyway because it did look like he liked me
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    When one of my lad mates gets dumped, all i hear from my other male mates is "its alright mate, all women are trouble/slappers/not worth it" So dont all you blokes go gettin on your high horse when a girl says it!

Yeah, but none of the guys on here are rude bwoys :/
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    Is this the same guy that you were talking about the other day? I think his name's Jamie, he was hugging you and lying on you and stuff?

yep thats him..his names james..u were close tho
  • Options
    Yes it was the right thing for him to do, and yes I'm sure blonde__batman appreciates that. But it still doesn't stop her feeling disappointed and let down. It probably took a lot of guts and a lot of 'well I'm pretty sure he likes me's for her to let him know how she felt, and to ask him how he felt. And if everyone else has been telling her that he like's her, of course she's going to feel let down.

.......................yep.....................didnt make it right tho..............
    ah it doesnt matter sure i'll join in:

B_B, the guy is a member of a malicious, thoughtless and cold-hearted gender that is male-dom. quite clearly he is without the capability of recognising what a fantastic opportunity he blindly turned down. It is with an absolute conviction that i can say at some point in the future he will live to regret his callous decision which is a reflection of the idiotic and erratic nature of men, for which i apologise profusely.

happy l_l??
  • Options
    [
    B_B, the guy is a member of a malicious, thoughtless and cold-hearted gender that is male-dom. quite clearly he is without the capability of recognising what a fantastic opportunity he blindly turned down. It is with an absolute conviction that i can say at some point in the future he will live to regret his callous decision which is a reflection of the idiotic and erratic nature of men, for which i apologise profusely.
    [/B]
    :yes: Quite. :p
  • Options

happy l_l??

was that a dig at me? ive not slagged off men at all :( my best friend is male so i have nothing against them...just the ones who act twatty
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    It's one thing to cuddle someone and say "men suck" in the privacy of someone's own home, or even by PM or MSN.

It's something else to come on an open internet thingy and start saying men are scum of the earth.

For a start, it's against the rules of the whole thing.

And second, men rule :p

Why is it different? The same thing is still being said, people can chose to take it seriously if they are that obsessive about political correctness. It's still a jokey comment with the sole purpose of trying to cheer someone up even slightly when they feel let down. It's not like I'm trying to convert the world's women into a huge lesbian cult now is it. :rolleyes:

And no. As BeckyBoo would say, we just let you think you do :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    was that a dig at me? ive not slagged off men at all :( my best friend is male so i have nothing against them...just the ones who act twatty

no lil_laura, you've suffered enough :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Yeah, but none of the guys on here are rude bwoys :/

Did i say they were rude boys? No.
  • Options
    It...Was...A...Joke!!

Right, so if I said all Asians or all Chinese people were scum when something similar happened, I could just pass it off as a joke?
    I'm sorry but I don't believe you've never made a light hearted generalisation ever in your entire life. If I'm wrong, and you honestly haven't, then you must be some kind of superhuman because everyone does it;

Where did I say I hadn't? Put it this way, if I went on and said women were the scum of the Earth, I'd get slagged off by every single female on here. And get banned.

Have you never said or laughed at a blonde joke?

No, because blonde jokes aren't funny to me. Anyway, you didn't make a joke, you made a statement saying men are the scum of the Earth.
  • Options
    Ohhh this whole political correctness thing does wind me up.
    ........yep.....................didnt make it right tho..............

I'm not saying what I said was right, or true, or anything else. I'm just saying that I doubt any of you are in a position to critise me for what I said, because you've all probably done the same at some point.

And. It. Was. Just. A. JOKE

:crying:
  • Options
    Oh calm down, boys. Men and women all have slightly different traits, we were made like that. And none of us are perfect, so we slag each other off from time to time. And most people in this thread were saying 'oh, men are bastards' in a non-serious way to try to cheer up blonde_batman. I'd be perfectly understanding if the same thing had happened to a guy and they were all saying 'chuh, women are slags' just to cheer them up.

Take a chill pill. It's summer and it's sunny and men are from Mars and women are from Venus.
  • Options
    The same thing is still being said, people can chose to take it seriously if they are that obsessive about political correctness.

Trust me, people like me, Kieran and others are most definetly not obsessive about poltical corectness.

Equal Opportunities you want? Hmmm
  • Options
    hey please dont have a go at each other. if u wana slag someone off slag of the twat i started the thread about
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Did i say they were rude boys? No.

What a stupid fucking comment.

I never said you said they were. The point was, rude bwoys say things like that, guys on here don't.

What would be the point on telling someone "Men/women are scum"? What are you trying to do, upset them further? "Yeah, they're scum, so don't bother keeping any hope that you'll find a decent one, 'cause there are none. Instead you'll die old and alone. With lots of cats."