Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whats your favourite local pub and why?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I have to say the shittest place I ever lived in Southampton was Thornhill. What a dump. I preffered Denzil Ave over that anyday. At least it was never boring!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    in UK, Weatherspoons for cheapness, or my uni union... both very good, here (Gibraltar) a pub in town called The 3 Owls, Happy hr number 1: 2 pints for the price of 1, between 9:30 and 10:30pm (remember a pint costs between £1.30 and £1.80) then from 10:30 to 11:30 its a pound a double, whatever double, and for £2.50 you can get 3 doubles in a pint glass with mixer :)

Oh my God you live in Gibraltar?!?!?!

I want to live there :( sooooooooo much! I went for a day or two when I was in Spain, and I couldn't get enough of it. I WILL live there one day!!!

:D
  • Options
    I've always had nice food in Wetherspoons (the Stockport and Cheadle ones) - I don't think anyone on here lives near me... but anyway!

My favourite pub is probably the Nelson Tavern on the A6 in Stockport if anyone knows it... either that or The Otters near college - for a sneaky pint of Stella in between lessons :D:p
  • Options
    well if any of u guys are in newport in south wales, you gotta go check out LePub, its a wicked place to go on a friday nite. you go there and get hammered (£1.30 a bottle for stella and becks etc, £1.80 a pint):yes: before making your way over to the LEGENDARY TJ's where you can buy these kick ass alcoholic slushie things which are very nice!:yum:
  • Options
    Originally posted by TempleOfDreams

I want to live there :( sooooooooo much! I went for a day or two when I was in Spain, and I couldn't get enough of it. I WILL live there one day!!!

I live there too :D

Beyond me why you want to live in Gibraltar... I mean, all we have is cheap booze, cheap fags, great atmosphere, next door to Spain, umm... ;)

The shops are better over here though :o
  • Options
    I've always had nice food in Wetherspoons (the Stockport and Cheadle ones) - I don't think anyone on here lives near me... but anyway!

My favourite pub is probably the Nelson Tavern on the A6 in Stockport if anyone knows it... either that or The Otters near college - for a sneaky pint of Stella in between lessons :D:p

I live just off the A6, weird.........
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg

I live just off the A6, weird.........

The A6 around Stockport/Hazel Grove?

Crazy!
  • Options

Yes i do, :p it aint all that good, you get bored with the same pubs and clubs every week!
  • Options

Yes i do, :p it aint all that good, you get bored with the same pubs and clubs every week!

Yeah, but for fun you could go and torment the Rock Apes? I went to see them... they were scary but cool :p lol

We had this tour guide called Charlie, he was so amazing... he was christened 'THE Diamond Geezer'. I think half of my camera was just photos of Charlie :D
  • Options

Yeah, but for fun you could go and torment the Rock Apes? I went to see them... they were scary but cool :p lol

We had this tour guide called Charlie, he was so amazing... he was christened 'THE Diamond Geezer'. I think half of my camera was just photos of Charlie :D

I hate to say it, but tour guides = rip off merchants! i could give you a better tour, and show you round some of the more interesting sites. like the entrance to ComCen, also known as the Eye Of The Med... big tracking facility for fone conversations etc etc
    And leave the monkeys alone you!!
  • Options

I hate to say it, but tour guides = rip off merchants! i could give you a better tour, and show you round some of the more interesting sites. like the entrance to ComCen, also known as the Eye Of The Med... big tracking facility for fone conversations etc etc
    And leave the monkeys alone you!!

Aww, I didn't go near the monkeys, I was too scared :( lol

I didn't payt for the tour, my mates Mum and Dad did so I don't mind :) But next time I'm there I will give you a bell :)

I'm saying next time - hopefully I'll be living there!!! :D lol

Is it true that the monkeys sometimes come down the rrock into the town?! :eek2:
  • Options
    Yes! Very true. They come down around Landport, which is the main entrance to main street, near casemates, which is bad.
    Another little known fact, is even tho they are called Barbary Apes, they were wrongly classified when discovered, they are actually a species of tail-less monkey :p
    And they are lovely, just keep ur valuables locked up :)
  • Options

The A6 around Stockport/Hazel Grove?

Crazy!

No

The A6 in Leicester, thats why its weird.........
  • Options
    The Blessington Carriage, or The Bless for short, back in good ol' Derby. Lovely Jubly
  • Options
    Yes! Very true. They come down around Landport, which is the main entrance to main street, near casemates, which is bad.
    Another little known fact, is even tho they are called Barbary Apes, they were wrongly classified when discovered, they are actually a species of tail-less monkey :p
    And they are lovely, just keep ur valuables locked up :)

Well...

"The 'Rock Ape' is in fact a monkey, the Barbary macque (macaca sylvanus) an African primate"... blah blah blah... "However they still occasionally descend to the town in small groups, perhaps to look at the tourists?"

That's little bits off my leaflet I got in 'the silver shop' in Casemates Arcade. My mate got some monkey earrings, they're cool :p

Wow, I feel like I actually know something :p:D lol