Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Saw the proof about Iraq.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bush won by Supreme court ruling. end of story. In under two years our country will be rid of him and his daddy's cronies if anyone has any sense left in the country.
  • Options
    LMAO

Keep dreaming.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Saddam does give money to Hamas Aladdin.
    No the story in the papers many months ago was of Saddam giving money to the families of suicide bombers. That is a long way from giving money directly to Hamas or another major terrorist organisation.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Then we should do the same for all Western nations who are hiding things, especially those so ready and eager to attack foreign nations like our own two countries. That's if our nations are to be anything but total hypocrits and international criminals themselves eh my firend?

Get the UN resolution calling for their disarmament first.

Get them to sign a ceasefire agreement agreeing to it.

Then we'll start talking about it.
    Actually Blair wasnt elected, the Labour Party was, the leader of the Party ends up Prime Minister.

Just a side issue, but the Queen decides who will be Prime Minister and not the electorate. Fortunately, she has always chosen the leader of the party with the most votes.
    Originally posted by Steelgate (Hornblower)
    Saddam giving money to the families of suicide bombers.

Not that he supports terrorism or anything...
  • Options
    Not that we do either though eh MoK, How's about we dig a bit into the historical record of all the groups our respective governments have funded, armed, and trained, who - by the twisting of terminology and standards that the Bush admin has proven itself so adept at - are/were terrorists themselves?

We can start with the Sharon govt and move to much more remote regions/countries with very little break in the record.
  • Options
    Not that we do either though eh MoK,

Eh?

1991 ceasefire and subsequent - numerous - resolutions.

Or don't these count? Certainly the UN seems to think that they do.
  • Options
    That wasnt what i was referring to MoK, and i think you can see that fairly clearly if youd stop acting like Greeny and missing the point consistently.

You said Saddam supports terrorism and my response was to that point. The preceding points were non-contentious and thus not addressed.

Lets look at how black the kettle is (on the score of support for terrorism) shall we, before pointing out how black the pot is! Especially since no Western intelligence agency has confirmed this particular allegation.

This is coming from a fairly transparent media muddling of terms and issues in an effort to confuse the public into thinking that this invasion pertains to the WoT, which it does not. But you can believe the spin if truth isnt what you seek.
  • Options
    Identify a terrorist organization that the US has supported, HAL.

And identify the specific form of support.

Your sources need to be better than they have been so far.
  • Options
    Taleban, Contra, government of Israel or the military of Chile to name but a few.

Plus all the logistical, intelligence and military support the CIA has given to terrorists/guerillas in Central and South America and elsewhere.

And before you say it, I (and most people) count state terrorism (Israel) and crimes against humanity committed by members of the military (Chile) as forms of terrorism against the population.
  • Options
    Indeed Greenhat, Aladdin has answered your question. Not that you would ever show one ouce of consistency in your arguments and thus would not accept that our backing of the overthrow of legitimately elected governments, or of our continued support for the Warlords of Afghanistan (who by Bush's own definitions could be classed terrorists to those who suffer under their rule), or for the IRA fundraising which the US government has never put a stop to on our soil.

Frankly I'd find your own blindness to the truth (as maleable as you like to make it) laughable if it wasnt so in line with those in the political establishment who are paving the way for a violent and insecure future for our children and the planet.

As for citations, well Ive provided a mountain of links in the long period that youve merely flapped your gums, waved your gun, and made snide remarks. So you go and do some research into the history of US backing for the groups of which even you should be aware (and include the Contras, and Pol Pot while youre at it) like a good little boy and maybe, just maybe you might learn something... though given all we've ever seen from you and those like you, I highly doubt it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    And before you say it, I (and most people) count state terrorism (Israel) and crimes against humanity committed by members of the military (Chile) as forms of terrorism against the population.

Isn't state-sponsored terrorism tantamount to war?
  • Options
    Oh well, that's politics fucked then.

Hypocrisy is part and parcel of the whole process, surely.

On both sides.

Like yours, Clandestine, when it comes to the duplicity of those nations who support your cause.
  • Options
    My only "cause" per se is to see the Bush administration exposed for all its lies, corruption and betrayal of our constituionally guaranteed rights and freedoms in their bid to set up an authoritarian police state. Federal prison sentences for the lot of them would be an added bonus, but not likely.

Im sure not only governments but members of the general public the world over support that. The rest is just incidental to that.
  • Options
    Back to Iraq, next week the Bush administration is going to make public what it knows Iraq is hiding. They have to make sure the informants in Iraq's military and government are safe.
  • Options
    Taleban, Contra, government of Israel or the military of Chile to name but a few.

Plus all the logistical, intelligence and military support the CIA has given to terrorists/guerillas in Central and South America and elsewhere.

There is no evidence of military or any other support of the Taliban (the provision of humanitarian aid doesn't qualify). The Contras were not terrorists (their targets were Nicaraguan military targets). Israel and Chile are gov'ts and not terrorists as a result (just as the North Vietnamese were not, despite their tactics).

As for CIA aid in Central and South America, you need to provide some proof that such aid went to terrorists.

Oh, and I guess you have managed to poll at least half the population of the world in order to know what most people think, eh Aladdin?

Great at making accusations. Prove them.
  • Options
    An excuse for everything done by the right and all hypocritical as usual Greeny.

Seems the definition of terrrorist is only applicable when you or George Bush says it is, eh ol Boy? :lol:

Hate to burst your bubble but the Contras, like their more southern couterparts The Shining Path, killed numerous civilians in the course of that struggle. Because they won with our help though, nahhhh lets just sugar coat the reality of what went on and pretend it was all good and just.

You are a revisionist par execellent!

For those who want to know the reality of that particular gem of American media revisionism and military coverup, sink your teeth into this as an appetiser...

http://www.wakeupmag.co.uk/articles/cia5.htm

Wasn't bad enough we backed Samoza and his death squads (who killed thousands of civilians), Greeny here thinks that's just a day's work... hardly terrorism eh ol hypocrit? :eek2:
  • Options
    Proof, Clandestine...proof.

Come on, if it is so easy, you should be able to present proof that would stand up in a court of law. So many opportunities if we are to believe you. So where is it? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Funny how we can switch from terrorists to freedom fighters or guerillas and vice-versa whenever is convenient.

And funny too how you do not seem to recognise the term 'state terrorism', even though everybody else does.

In Afghanistan my friend you've supported pretty much anyone who was fighting the Russians, Taleban or not. You could argue that they were fighting an army and therefore were no terrorists. And you would have a point; but in that case I wouldn't expect you to condemn either as terrorism a Hamas bomb attack that kills Israeli soldiers at a bus stop. Can we expect that in the future from you?

In case of Chile it wasn't even a government that you helped. Just a bunch of deranged evil bastards captained by one of the most ruthless murderers of the 20th century that you kindly assisted in toppling the DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED government of the time. But hey, Allende was a left winger so your actions were completely justified.

I guess I cannot prove the CIA's support of various groups throughout the world any more than you can prove to me we really sent a man to the Moon. In reality however we all know the likeness of both things to have or have not happened.
  • Options
    And the man who demands proof has made more unsupported assertions without his own "proof" than any poster on these boards I would venture to say.

I lose a little more respect for our soldiers every day because of spin doctors like yourself Greeny. You are a discredit to everything our nation was meant to stand for.
  • Options
    Funny how we can switch from terrorists to freedom fighters or guerillas and vice-versa whenever is convenient.

Not when it is convenient. When their attacks target civilians vs. military targets.
    And funny too how you do not seem to recognise the term 'state terrorism', even though everybody else does.

Everybody? Now you've polled the entire world?

Funny thing...no one suggested trying Milosovec as a terrorist...warcrimes and crimes against humanity were the charges..
    In Afghanistan my friend you've supported pretty much anyone who was fighting the Russians, Taleban or not. You could argue that they were fighting an army and therefore were no terrorists. And you would have a point; but in that case I wouldn't expect you to condemn either as terrorism a Hamas bomb attack that kills Israeli soldiers at a bus stop. Can we expect that in the future from you?

The Taliban did not exist when the Russians were in Afghanistan. Little research there, Aladdin. And if the Hamas would restrict their attacks to military targets, I would consider them guerillas/freedom fighters, not terrorists. Of course, they don't do that, do they?
    In case of Chile it wasn't even a government that you helped. Just a bunch of deranged evil bastards captained by one of the most ruthless murderers of the 20th century that you kindly assisted in toppling the DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED government of the time. But hey, Allende was a left winger so your actions were completely justified.

I guess I cannot prove the CIA's support of various groups throughout the world any more than you can prove to me we really sent a man to the Moon. In reality however we all know the likeness of both things to have or have not happened.

Continued accusations without any proof. Not even a witness (I can provide both scientific evidence and witnesses to the fact that NASA put men on the moon).
    And the man who demands proof has made more unsupported assertions without his own "proof" than any poster on these boards I would venture to say.

Actually, I'd say the funnier thing is your insistence that Bush provide proof for his allegations (even as the evidence mounts up), while you continue to be unable to provide any proof of your allegations.
  • Options
    Wel then you obviously cant read Greeny, I need not defend the number of times Ive posted links to supporting articles or documents. You on the other hand have a record of practically nill in the proof department.

Keep the mindless personal attacks coming ol boy, its all youre capable of.
  • Options
    Proof, Clandestine. Not articles, not editorials, not someone's opinions. Proof. You know, as in what is required in a court of law?
  • Options
    It's funny how you keep demanding of others that they present definitive proof of what is the blatant obvious... yet you never present proof of yours. It's an excuse that might win arguments in the schoolyard but it is not very good elsewhere.

By the way if you have definitive proof that we landed on the Moon I'd like to see it... and you might also show it to the millions of people out there who don't believe we did, because NASA has so far failed in their efforts to convince them otherwise and they really could do with some concrete proof.

But be careful: since every time someone has provided reports that prove wrongdoing by the US or Israel you have dismissed them as lies, whatever proof you provided could get the same treatment...

Fair enough about the Taleban not being formed in the Soviet occupation; however the very maniacs that went on to form the Taleban were certainly amongst the collection of unsavoury types you armed then.

And since there are so many bombings in Israel, not only by Hamas but by other organisations and even committed individuals, I would expect from now on you will classify bombers who kill soldiers as freedom fighters or guerillas, and bombers who kill civilians as terrorists. Only fair don’t you think?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    Proof, Clandestine. Not articles, not editorials, not someone's opinions. Proof. You know, as in what is required in a court of law?

How clever of you... if we take the example of the butcher of Tel Aviv (or even his forces acting without his orders) shooting at unarmed civilians and committing all types of atrocities, you dare to dismiss the accounts of dozens of humanitarian organisations as lies. You've even claimed that respected organisations such as Amnesty or the Red Cross were telling porkies. Anyone who is not hopelessly biased would find that laughable. But then since Sharon is never going to go to trial for his acts we're never going to be able to obtain the evidence in court you deem the only valid proof are we?

It's a shame you apply this trick selectively and haven't demanded that, for example, Osama bin Laden was held in trial before the US decided he and Al Qaeda were responsible for 9/11 and dropped 50,000 tonnes of bombs over Afghanistan.
  • Options

By the way if you have definitive proof that we landed on the Moon I'd like to see it... and you might also show it to the millions of people out there who don't believe we did, because NASA has so far failed in their efforts to convince them otherwise and they really could do with some concrete proof.

When will you make the trip to Florida? You'll be provided with scientific data, the opportunity to speak with witnesses to the landing and others who will explain the physics involved in certain parts of the communications process with the Apollo Spacecraft, what that means, and what they witnessed. If you wish, you can arrange for psychological evaluation of each witness (at your expense of course) to ensure that they have not "imagined" what they will describe.

The only people who fail to believe the evidence are those who believe that thousands of people can be kept quiet about the truth. The same kinds of people who believe in rediculous conspiracy theories without considering how impossible it is to maintain the secrecy required for the conspiracy to work.
    And since there are so many bombings in Israel, not only by Hamas but by other organisations and even committed individuals, I would expect from now on you will classify bombers who kill soldiers as freedom fighters or guerillas, and bombers who kill civilians as terrorists. Only fair don’t you think?

Absolutely fair. Assuming the organization that we are discussing strictly targets military (individuals to be dealt with on an individual basis is fine). Hamas would not qualify obviously. Neither would the PLO. Both target civilians. Both are terrorist organizations.
  • Options

It's a shame you apply this trick selectively and haven't demanded that, for example, Osama bin Laden was held in trial before the US decided he and Al Qaeda were responsible for 9/11 and dropped 50,000 tonnes of bombs over Afghanistan.

The advantage of having Bin Laden take credit of his own free will of other terrorist attacks on the United States...
  • Options
    Because he's done something else in the past is no proof he did 911. That reasoning would not be admissible in a court of law.
  • Options
    Aladdin, dont waste your breath trying to answer this crackpot's absurd responses. At this point im convinced that Greeny would say anything (without proof) so long as it is aimed at supporting the right.

Just another good little flag waving puppet for the Pentagon to use to do whatever dirty work our industrial elites deem necessary, however atrocious or anti-deomcratic that might be in real terms.

The US heartland is filled with such ready made yeehaws ready to kill without question and to defend it all as Patriotism.

Just leave him and those like him to rant, thats what I shall do henceforth. When the messes they make breed even more regional or global conflict, theyll conveniently dodge all resposnsibility and blame it on someone else or revise history and wait for the media to cloud the issues beyond all ability to maintain substantive public debate.
  • Options
    Because he's done something else in the past is no proof he did 911. That reasoning would not be admissible in a court of law.

What he has done in the past is sufficient reason for him to be brought to justice. That would be admissable in a court of law.
  • Options
    Bin Laden did admit it on tape. He just laughed that he didn't think they'd really crash the planes into the buildings and he didn't think the whole buildings would come down. He also said that he praised allah after each plane hit. And he waited for the forth...which was bound for the White House or Congress but heroically taken down by ordinary passengers in PA.

He did say all that. That's proof of his wonderful, inspired leadership to radical Muslim types.