Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Saw the proof about Iraq.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
They showed a series of satellite shots of building projects in Iraq. In one, they built this structure with a long underground tunnel going to it. They then put a lake over it and covered the tunnel. They also created underground facilties in an area, for American comparison, the size of Washington D.C.

Straight up. No thinking person would assume those facilities aren't for making weapons. No thinking person would believe all of the world's media with their sophisticated computers and equipment would be fooled from some evil US government entity.

And one of the Muslims arrested in London was traced. He went from Afghanistan to Bagdad, to Norther Iraq to a radical Muslim terrorist group to London. He was found carrying ricin. There's a plant running 24/7 in Iraq making Castor Oil that could also be making ricin.

Iraq is part of the war on terror...I saw it in dated satellite photos.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Saw the proof about Iraq.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet

dated aye? is that why the inspectors are not inspecting it then.. cos it was destrioyed in the gulf war. theres a lot of iraq that isn't anymore you know poet. we cuased massive destruction last time we were there. inspectors aren't exactly piling up the eveidence are they?
  • Options
    Re: Saw the proof about Iraq.

Don't suppose you have a link to a page, do you?
  • Options
    DJP if I find one I'll post it, you know me. It was on t.v. last night. And now they're saying they can't force their scientists to talk to UN inspectors if they don't want to. Yeah, Saddam is all about the freedom of choice thang.

The rebuilt under ground MR and under Mosques, put lakes over the new facilities.
  • Options
    Do you know who supplied the imagery? DoD? NOAA?
  • Options
    It was led by the dod or military because they said after the gulf war they positioned satellite's over Iraq to double check on Saddam.
  • Options
    How can you see that Iraq is "part of the war on terror" from satellite images pnj? Did the pictures show signs reading: "Terrorists welcome", "Buy your ricin here" or "3 for 2 on all thermo-nuclear devices"?

:rolleyes:

And don't even start me on underground installations because the USA has enough of those to hide 250 million elephants and Kate Winslet with great ease.
  • Options
    You saw that picture too?

Also the one that said: A day without dead Americans, is like a day without sunshine.

I saw enough. I've heard enough. I'm convinced. Also, I really want to see a Palestine that respects Isreal's right to exist. And it's not going to happen with Iraq as it is. The fall and rise of Iraq is the first step towards a Palestine in 2005.

Just think of the new travel ads for Iraq.

Iraq....rocks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    How can you see that Iraq is "part of the war on terror" from satellite images pnj? Did the pictures show signs reading: "Terrorists welcome", "Buy your ricin here" or "3 for 2 on all thermo-nuclear devices"?

:rolleyes:

And don't even start me on underground installations because the USA has enough of those to hide 250 million elephants and Kate Winslet with great ease.

I swear to God, you should go in to comedy....

Classic.
  • Options
    http://www.msnbc.com/news/863736.asp?0cv=CA01

Link to the story. In the photo, you'll see a lake. In earlier photographs it shows first a building was built under that lake, then the lake was placed over it.
  • Options
    he's a thick buggar that mr hussien aye!
    "while no one's looking, i'll tunnel underground... .then i'll build huge boating lakes over the top of them".
    later...... "could i get away with it? they say the americans can see through clouds... not that we have any clouds but hey. loads of machinery and men. moving them, feeding them. paying them.
    buying the materials. mmmm, are the eyes in the sky going to notice me moving 20,000 men and machines on articulated camels. the billion tons of ground i have to move...all without anyone knowing aye... yes buggar it of course i can do these things without anyone knowing".
    Are you seriously telling me this great pile of shite? mr technology
    usauk have been flying around there bombibg and stuff and planning and plotting and stuff and they didn't notice this guy, this nation , doing some serious graft!
    i find it fucking incredible that educated people can have these discussions and not notice they have entered the land of willy wonker. but people who never get thier hands dirty......
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet...
    And now they're saying they can't force their scientists to talk to UN inspectors if they don't want to. Yeah, Saddam is all about the freedom of choice thang.

Just like our own government is all about the freedom of choice thang when they storm out of the Geneva meeting of the Bio Weapons Convention last summer the minute that third party inspections to verify signatory compliance with this international binding contract - which we signed over 30 years ago vowing to cease all production, storage, or maintenance of any bio weapon stocks - are proposed for addition to the convention.

Now why arent you wondering what our own government is covering up, especially after the anthrax attacks of last year which were known to have originated from our own military labs.

Not curious either why the white house, the pentagon, and the dept of defence, all stonewalled the FBI investigation and why noone has been arrested to date? - With John Ashcroft telling reporters at a Press conference "We just werent able to catch him" :eek2: (yet they can unmask daily Islamic terrorists for the television cameras).

If so, then you must willingly close your eyes to glaring issues of our own that should be shoved in the face of our leaders for accounting and action to rectify by compliance with our own obligations in the WMD dept. All the more so because we are signatory to the convention.

"Goes to credibility" as they would say in a court of law.
  • Options

Also the one that said: A day without dead Americans, is like a day without sunshine.

I saw enough. I've heard enough. I'm convinced. Also, I really want to see a Palestine that respects Isreal's right to exist. And it's not going to happen with Iraq as it is. The fall and rise of Iraq is the first step towards a Palestine in 2005.

Iraq....rocks.

I despair, I well and truly do. I mean, do you just believe what is spoon-fed to you all the time, or is it just on special occasions?

Who says that those photos are either (a) genuine, (b)dated correctly or (c)of the same location? Is it the only independent, unbiased, unequivocal examinatory body, ie, Hans Blix and his inspectors, or is the US and Uk governments? If i9ts the first then yeah, fair dos, but if its the latter then Id take it with all the salt in teh North Sea.

Id love to know what happened to that 'dossier of destruction'. It seems to have been conveniently forgotten now that the UN inspectors have managed to find 10 out-of-date warheads and not a lot else. Despite the CIA undoubtedly telling them where to look.

The inspectors found ten times more in 1998, yet no-one went to war then.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    The inspectors found ten times more in 1998, yet no-one went to war then.

You use this to highlight why we shouldn't go to war now.

I use it to highlight why we should have acted then, or to prove that the UN team in 98 obviously didn't get everything...either way it is a way towards proving that Saddam is wuite capable of hiding things and should never be given the benefit of doubt.
  • Options
    Then we should do the same for all Western nations who are hiding things, especially those so ready and eager to attack foreign nations like our own two countries. That's if our nations are to be anything but total hypocrits and international criminals themselves eh my firend?
  • Options

Iraq....rocks.

PNJ, Do you even realise how many UN resolutions Israel is in flagrant breach of? Its more than Iraq I can tell you that now.

Iraq is for it if it breaches one? What about a country that massacres innocent civilians, bulldozes refugee camps and detains without trial? What about a country led by an indicted
    war criminal?

Israel does not have the right to exist as a fundamentalist, oppressive regime. Isn't the idea of having a one religion state scary to you? Doesn't it smack of intolerance, racism and corruption?

Terrorism is an abhorrent evil but state-sponsored terrorism is infinitely worse. Especially when funded by the one superpower who professes to be fighting terror - The US gifts Israel 3bn every year.
  • Options
    USA, UK and Israel aren't threatening to destroy the world.
    Israel isn't attempting to unleash chemical weapons on the Palestinians, and we don't really fancy letting loose a whole bunch of Anthrax on the Iraqis.
    One interesting point though, Saddam is kitting his troops out with biowarfare equipment, you don't do that unless you're expecting biowarfare. We aren't about to try and infect them with smallpox, he must be planning to do that or something similar.....

Aladdin, a nuclear facility is pretty easy to spot, as our construction vehicles making huge underground and overground facilities. Why do you make underground facilities unless you have something to hide?

If it didn't mean my certain death, I'd laugh so hard when it turns out you lot are wrong all along.
  • Options
    And Iraq/Saddam is? Assuming the guy isn't insane (and however often the tabloids say it's so, someone who's managed to stay in control of his nation for this long probably isn't), or determined his own destruction then why would he use WOMDs? Such an action would bring about the utter destruction of Iraq, and would surely only seem to be 'worth it' if defeat was inevitable anyway? Containment has worked perfectly well for the past decade, why the sudden need for war now?

There has been no link shown between the September 11th attacks and Iraq/Saddam. Besides which, if we're going to talk about weapons of mass destruction and lack of democracy, the nation which during the Cold War countenanced megadeath figures *amongst its own people*, holds the largest nuclear stockpile in the world and whose leader wasn't actually elected might want to consider itself first.
  • Options
    Originally posted by felis
    Assuming the guy isn't insane (and however often the tabloids say it's so, someone who's managed to stay in control of his nation for this long probably isn't), or determined his own destruction then why would he use WOMDs?

Pretty big assumptions.
  • Options
    I'm not denying the possibility that he might have built secret facilities Whowhere, or even that he might be still working on the construction of a nuclear bomb. But this has absolutely nothing to do with terrorist organisations, which is what pnj seemed to be saying in an earlier post.

Back to the WMDs, we obviously disagree on how much of a threat he is to us. Even if he has managed to procure himself with WMDs, and every indication points to the contrary, he has not expressed desire to attack the West, nor would he benefit or be interested in such action. Contrary to your doomsday predictions about London being devastated by plague, I believe the chances of that scenario becoming reality are remote in the extreme.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

Pretty big assumptions.

Why? Why would you think that saddam is a 'mad' and 'evil' other than the fact that The Sun keeps repeating it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by felis

Why? Why would you think that saddam is a 'mad' and 'evil' other than the fact that The Sun keeps repeating it?

Have you bothered to read any profiles of Saddam? I posted a link to one a while ago. Might search for it and read it. Every psychological profile I have seen of the man indicates that he is seriously deranged and out of touch with reality (at least what most westerners would consider reality).
  • Options
    Hmmm and yet according to many of your past posts most westerners are also out of touch with reality which you seem to believe is the exclusive domain of those who serve in military combat. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Hmmm and yet according to many of your past posts most westerners are also out of touch with reality which you seem to believe is the exclusive domain of those who serve in military combat. :rolleyes:

You seem to think that most westerners agree with you, Clandestine. That is obviously incorrect, afterall, GW Bush was elected, and so was Tony Blair.
  • Options
    Actually Blair wasnt elected, the Labour Party was, the leader of the Party ends up Prime Minister. And as for Bush, well you keep believing that he was legitimately elected, many more of our countrymen than you think consider that to be little more than a rigged coup.

Nevertheless, that is irrelevant to the point i made previously. Whether or not others agree with me doesnt change the fact that you and others like you that weve had to endure here have repeatedly claimed that anyone who hasnt been in combat doesnt live in reality. Just another of your arrognant and completely offbase assertions, but hardly surprising.
  • Options
    The labour party was elected on the strength of Blair's rhetoric and false promises.
  • Options
    No, the Labour Party was elected because there is no credible or viable alternative and hasnt been since before Tony's first term.
  • Options
    ..as for Bush, well you keep believing that he was legitimately elected, many more of our countrymen than you think consider that to be little more than a rigged coup.

...you ... have repeatedly claimed that anyone who hasnt been in combat doesnt live in reality.

Actually, I've never claimed that. I've claimed that you don't pay any attention to reality.

Oh, and every organization that did a recount in Florida, regardless of criteria, came up with Bush as winning. Your BS about a "rigged coup" has grown old and stale. It simply sounds like the whining of a sore loser. Maybe you would prefer to discuss the election returns from Chicago in 1960?
  • Options
    Once again you didnt bother to read all of what was actually posted about the Florida election. It wasnt the recounts that have so blighted the legitimacy of the process but how all expat votes and numerous democratic districts ballots were eliminated from consideration in the first place. So much for every citizens right to a vote!

Just can't admit that Bush is as dirty as the day is long can you? Well hardly surprising that.
  • Options
    Saddam does give money to Hamas Aladdin. And Hamas doesn't recognize Isreal's right to exist. And without recognizing Isreal's right to exist and Isreal's right to exist is a vital step to creating a Palestine in 2005...which is the stated goal of the US. Al Qaeda uses the lack of a Palestine as a recruitment method.
    Besides, what of the Algerian terrorists who was picked up in London had been in Bagdad and Northern Iraq after fleeing the Taliban's demise.

And an Algerian had been picked up entering the US with plans and bombs to blow up LAX, Seattle's Space Needle and more in 2001. So he was Al Qaeda too...they do have a cell in Algeria.
  • Options
    Once again you didnt bother to read all of what was actually posted about the Florida election. It wasnt the recounts that have so blighted the legitimacy of the process but how all expat votes and numerous democratic districts ballots were eliminated from consideration in the first place. So much for every citizens right to a vote!

Just can't admit that Bush is as dirty as the day is long can you? Well hardly surprising that.

You mean all those military absentee ballots? The ones that were disqualified by a Democratic committee? LMAO

Note that some of the counts have included ALL ballots. Bush still wins.