Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Palestine OR Isreal.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by DinkyDau
    Jordan is part of the old palestine and Jordan in the late 60's massacred thousand before chucking the evil bunch of shits out.

I recommend you tone down your fucking racist shit if you want to stick around in here. Although I suspect trolling is what you have in mind.

Tosser.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

I recommend you tone down your fucking racist shit if you want to stick around in here. Although I suspect trolling is what you have in mind.

Tosser.

Racism? How can you be racist against your own race? And the comment she made does fit exactly what the Jordanian gov't felt about the Palestinians.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

Tosser.

You are a mouthy little cretin are you not

Nothing racist in what I've posted except in the twisted minds of the rabid politically correct morons

aladdin bet you aren't such a gobby twat in real life when you haven't got a computer between you and who you gob off at.........prick
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    No Jacq, actually I do reality instead of the "Jewish lives are the only lives that matter" fantasy world you seem to inhabit.

Talk to me of the justice in apache helicopter attack, tanks, shooting with military assault rifles of women and children that number into the hundreds if not thousands for random handfuls of civilians who they hit back in retribution. Seems like the kind of thing done by Nazis to towns and villages that showed resistance in WWII (since WWII analogies seem to be your preference).

I wonder if you'd have the nerve to make that comparison in front of a holocaust survivor. I wonder if you'd really believe your own words when talking to someone who has seen people getting slaughtered for what they were. Not what they had done.
    You fucking well know, that the situations can't be compared, and if you don't, then I feel extremly sorry for you.
    I bet you don't even have the capacity to understand the consequences of your own words.

Have I ever, even just once, expressed any joy by the death of innocent Palestinians? I dare you to find a quote of me saying that. You simply won't find it.
    I don't envy them at all, but neither can I or will I find understandment for some of the Palestinians actions, and ongoing support for those actions.
    It's fucking sick to see them making up a model of a bomb site, making as authentic as possible models of blown up babies covered in blood, and seeing people actually standing in line to view such a thing.
    Israel staying passive, won't by any means stop that behaviour. Only lead those same people to think that they'll achieve their goal, and continue.
    And I, at least, won't let that happen. The people fighting to keep Israel alive, won't have done so, to later acceptingly be defeated.
    I think you must be terrorified that Labour would roll back the settlements and honour the UN resolutions of complete pullback. God forbid anyone should have to be the first to stop the cycle of violence especially poor hated Israel. The littany my dear demeans Israel by always adopting the victim role. Perhaps pro-active obligations have been shelved for too long and its time to return to some visionary action from Israel.

You fucking don't get it. This isn't about blind faith. This is simply about who can make it work. Unlike you, I fucking don't care if it'll be someone from Avoda, Likud, Shas, Meretz etc. to bring calmness over the country. As long as it is done, and is done correctly.
    If you wan't to have your say count for anything (other than mindless crap), then immigrate and put your vote in the box.
    For your info, despite my criticism of current Israeli politics in line with current US politics, I would prefer to see Israel flourish in peace alongside a flourishing Palestine and we arent getting any nearer as long as bullets fly and people are besieged.

And you think that I prefer to see the fightings, fear and chaos...?
    Grow up!
  • Options
    Hey GreenHat, you know me, we've both worked similar place in the 80's :) SEAsia.....now, where is Walter Schumate when you need him ;):D;)
  • Options

You are a mouthy little cretin are you not

Nothing racist in what I've posted except in the twisted minds of the rabid politically correct morons

aladdin bet you aren't such a gobby twat in real life when you haven't got a computer between you and who you gob off at.........prick

Let me see...

You talked about Palestinian refugees [men, women and children fleeing war] being shot and kicked out of Jordan and then called them "evil bunch of shits". I don’t know if you genuinely believe that every single Palestinian is born with an "evil" gene, that 7-year-old girls (or 25 year old men for that matter) that are from Palestine are evil. Either way it sounds like a pretty racist statement to me. If you still have trouble understanding this concept, try changing "Palestinians" for "blacks" or "Jews".

If you find it acceptable to support a people who send male and female suicide bombers to kill unarmed Jewish women and children and routinely kill their own people by hanging from lamp posts, after torture, who are suspected of collaboration (no trial in court for them) then so be it.

I on the other hand find this behaviour disgusting and inhumane as AI have.

So do you find acceptable to "support a people" who sends soldiers to shoot dead 10 year-old children? Or indiscriminately fires missiles from a helicopter gunship at a crowd as innocent as those Israeli citizens purely for revenge? Or shoot at ambulance crews to stop them from attending the injured? Or rips vines from the ground simply for the pleasure of it? Or restricts water supply and movement within their own land and make day-to-day living conditions hell?

Yet I don't go about calling the Israelis "an evil bunch of shits". I can difference between the actions of a government and the general population.

So stop your "politically correct" shite talk and spend some time reading the news.
  • Options
    Yes I'm well aware. But we are talking about now not 50 odd years ago.

So?

Don't we still laud the resistance fighters as heroes who played a major part in the liberation of Europe, or the fight against the tyrannical Nazi regime?

That they did this 50 years ago is irrelevant, they were standing up for their rights, and they did some pretty dodgy things to their own countrymen. In fact, should you visit France you will still find some people who are shunned because they, or their parents collaborated.
  • Options
    The problem right now for the Palestinians is this: Because of the suicide bombers, enough people in Isreal and the United States are convinced that many Arabs, Hamas, in the Middle East want an end to Isreal and a Palestinian state.

Now Arafat said he'd negotiate with, not his exact words, but a Labor type government in Isreal. Meantime, Hamas is doing everyting it can to ensure Isreal keeps someone like Sharon in power. That's the problem.
  • Options
    True. The Labour party has said that if it wins the election it will start immediate negotiations with the Palestinian Authority to secure and end of hostilities in return for a full withdrawal of troops and a review of the illegal settlements. Obviously things would have to progress further in the future, but it'd be a good start.

Sharon (who sadly looks like winning the forthcoming election) will keep the drums of war and the military response as the only way of "negotiation" with the Palestinians. Which suits Hamas just fine. Isn't it funny how the two depend on each other for survival?

edited for grammar
  • Options
    It is ironic Alladin and scary. Honestly, I think the violence in Palestine and Isreal will continue. How do we get back to moderation when the driving forces for both peoples is the extremes? I don't have an answer, just a thought. If two peoples fight fire with fire...don't both get burned?
  • Options
    Yes they do pnj, which is what my somewhat non-pc comparsion above was driving at.

While hawks rule the day violence will only increase globally. In the case of Israel you would have thought that the voting public would have seen by now that the tete a tete hasnt and cannot bring security nor peace. Sadly they apparently havent learned yet and will only doom themselves to a continued cycle of violence and mutual retribution.

All the more reason I argue so vociferously for my compatriots to work as actively and as widely as possible to muzzle and leash our own rabid leaders and their advisors before we end locked in a permanent state of paranoia that dwarfs what we have seen since 9/11.
  • Options

In the case of Israel you would have thought that the voting public would have seen by now that the tete a tete hasnt and cannot bring security nor peace. Sadly they apparently havent learned yet and will only doom themselves to a continued cycle of violence and mutual retribution.

The voting Israeli public has seen and experienced that sacrificing themselves, hasn't brought peace. Staying passive has only brought even more violence on behalf of the Palestinian terrorists.
    Do the keywords, Barak- Camp David 2000, say anything to you? Or maybe Dolfinarium and Sbarro Pizza?

As you think that you're so wise, and all-knowing, would you then care to explain me, how come the most calm period Israel has had, was during Bibi Netanyahu's leadership? Should I remind you, that he is a Likud member?

Care to explain me, how all that fits to your above statement?
  • Options
    Well as much as anyone can speculate on the dynamics of any given history survey I would have to say that Netanyahu began with the ground layed by Rabin and Peres which had made enormous strides in the right direction. Interestingly though that that was ended by an Israeli assassins bullet!

Add to that the fact that then President Clinton took Palestinian grievances more seriously than the preceeding and certainly the subsequent Bush administrations.

Be that as it may, what you refer to as the longest period of peace was quickly shattered when Israeli authorities announced their intention to extend Jewish settlements into Palestinian East Jerusalem. So who's fault was it that this ceasefire broke down? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Funny isn't it, the ONLY country NOT to kick out the Palestinians is.......wait for it...........ISRAEL

aladdin, how tall are you ?
  • Options
    Sharon feels the EU's viewpoint regarding negotiations isn't relevant because they don't recognize that many in the Arab world don't want an Isreal at all. That was on the news today.
  • Options
    Well we've seen over the past few years just how much a contribution to peace Mr. Sharon has made. I dont put any stock in what that man says. He himself should have long ago been dragged off in chains by the international community as a war criminal for his role in sanctioning the massacre of thousands of women and children in Shabrah and Shatillah.
  • Options
    Sharon did not order the killings in those camps Hobeika ordered
    the killings at Sabra and Chatilla to make Israel look bad, so Syria could control Lebanon. The only reason why the Christians went along with Hobeika's orders, was to avenge the thousands of Christians, who were killed by the PLO in Damour Lebanon and because the Lebanese Christian President Gamayel was
    just killed by the PLO.

2nd, in 1985, the Syrian backed Amals Shiites, attacked the same Sabra camp and killed 650 Arabs. Ofcourse when Arabs kill each other, no one cares.
    What Hatem documents in his book. Sharon told Hobeika, only to go after the armed PLO gunman in Sabra. Sharon made very clear to Hobeika, not to target any civilians. Hobeika agreed to the orders. Then Hobeika gave his own orders to his men. Kill anyone they see in Sabra. Hobeika did this, to make Israel look bad, so Syria could control Lebanon.
    If the Arabs are so concerned about the people killed in Sabra and Chatilla, why did Syria and Lebanon protect the person who ordered the killings. (Elie Hobeika). Why didn't Syria or Lebanon prosecute Hobeika. Maybe they were
    worried he might tell the truth. Which is, Hobeika under orders from Assad was responsible. Hobeika and his people are responsible for the people who were killed. Ariel Sharon had nothing to do with what happened. What you had in
    Sabra and Chatilla was Arabs killing Arabs. Sound familiar.
  • Options
    Examples of how Arab Dictatorships and Muslim Countries react to violence. When the PLO tried this tactic of riots and violence against King Hussein in 1970. Unlike Israel, Hussein used full force against the PLO Terror. In one week, 20,000 Arabs killed each other.
    1 million Muslims kill each other in the Iran Iraq War.
    1 and half million Black Christians massacred in Sudan, by the Arabs in North Sudan.
    In Indonesia, 300,000 East Timories murdered by Indonesia.
    Assad Butchers 22,000 of his own people in Hama Syria in 1982.
    Thousands of tourists massacred in Egypt since 1992.
    125,000 Afghanistans kill each other since 1989
    100,000 Algerians have butchered each other since 1992.
    150,000 Lebanese kill each other in there 15 year civil war.
    Saddam gasses and kills 200,000 Kurds.Pakistan kills 1 million Bangladeshi muslims in 1971.
    The PLO kills thousands of Christian Lebanese in Damour Lebanon in 1976. Syria, Assad in 1980, Jails 600 opposition forces. 6 months later, he tells them, they could all leave there Jail cells. As they leave the Jails, Assad has his military massacre all 600 people.
    During the 8-year war between Iran and Iraq, Iran sent children
    (holding tickets to Muslim Paradise) running across minefields to clear the way for the Iranian soldiers.

The Arab nations and Arafat in particular cynically use their own
    civilians as human shields by putting children, women and unarmed men in harms' way.
    They deliberately enlisted them to become involuntary extensions of their planned violence, especially when the televised war' shows children and women as victims and martyrs.

Within the 52-year conflict between the Arab nations and Israel,
    documented history indicates that civilians were consistently used by the Arabs in various ways to advance the war goals of the Arab nations. The use of civilian Human Shields was fairly common during the six wars initiated by the Arab nations against Israel. Israel reacts, only after it has been attacked by Arab and Iranian killers. Why is it that the PLO or other terrorist groups, who hide and fire from civilian areas are never blamed? Did I
    forget to mention, an Egyptian pilot crashes a plane and kills 216 people in 1999.

What a lovely bunch of people, you support them Aladdin
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Certainly Hobeika's role should also be judged as should the role of the phalangists who carried out the atrocities. Nevertheless, the political planning that preceeded the massacres were the purview of Sharon in his role as Defence Minister. He is complicit in these crimes and has to date not been tried.

Cloud the issue with other guilty parties, it doesnt negate the fact that Sharon himself should be in chains.
  • Options
    Sharon did not order the killings in those camps Hobeika ordered
    the killings at Sabra and Chatilla to make Israel look bad, so Syria could control Lebanon. The only reason why the Christians went along with Hobeika's orders, was to avenge the thousands of Christians, who were killed by the PLO in Damour Lebanon and because the Lebanese Christian President Gamayel was
    just killed by the PLO.

2nd, in 1985, the Syrian backed Amals Shiites, attacked the same Sabra camp and killed 650 Arabs. Ofcourse when Arabs kill each other, no one cares.
    What Hatem documents in his book. Sharon told Hobeika, only to go after the armed PLO gunman in Sabra. Sharon made very clear to Hobeika, not to target any civilians. Hobeika agreed to the orders. Then Hobeika gave his own orders to his men. Kill anyone they see in Sabra. Hobeika did this, to make Israel look bad, so Syria could control Lebanon.
    If the Arabs are so concerned about the people killed in Sabra and Chatilla, why did Syria and Lebanon protect the person who ordered the killings. (Elie Hobeika). Why didn't Syria or Lebanon prosecute Hobeika. Maybe they were
    worried he might tell the truth. Which is, Hobeika under orders from Assad was responsible. Hobeika and his people are responsible for the people who were killed. Ariel Sharon had nothing to do with what happened. What you had in
    Sabra and Chatilla was Arabs killing Arabs. Sound familiar.

I don't know why I bother replying since you are clearly an Israeli government cheerleader who would not see anything wrong if Sharon boiled Palestinian babies alive for fun (at the end of the day Palestinians are all "an evil bunch of shits" eh?). But let me put something straight.

Sharon is guilty as hell of the refugee camp massacres. During the siege the Israeli army kept a total blockade of the refugee camps. No one could get in or out. Sharon himself was there supervising the blockade and on the afternoon of 16 September 1982 about 150 LF fighters armed to the teeth were allowed by Sharon's forces to enter the camps. They were left in peace to calmly massacre between 850 and 2,000 people, mostly women, children and the elderly, and then they were left out. Do you think Sharon perhaps thought they were going for a picnic with all those assault rifles and hacking knives?

That the evil murderer is still free, let alone the Prime Minister of Israel, is simply unbelievable. You might as well make Osama bin Laden Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia, and roll the red carpet on Washington DC airport as he visits the US on official business.

Here are a couple of links for your amusement. More information is available if you care to do a search or two. But that might destroy the illusion, so maybe you shouldn't...

link
    another
  • Options
    Aladdin
    I don't know why I bother replying
    neither do I, you are obviously a Palestinian terrorist cheerleader
    :p with no concern for the thousands of jewish women and children killed by Palestinians.

I'll say it again the only country that hasn't kicked these people out is Israel which is more than can be said for the Arab countries, can't cope with the truth can you ?
  • Options
    No of course they havent kicked them out. Those who arent Israeli citizens already by original UN mandate have been conveniently herded into walled in concentration camps created by Sharon and easily rocket bombed from the air or bulldozed or shot or blown away with tanks. Sharon has his firing range and live targets to practice on, why export them?
  • Options
    Besides Israel doesn't bother 'kicking out' anybody. They've always have found it easier to shoot them.

That's why 2 million people had to get the hell out of their own land in the first place. To avoid death by the occupying army.

Contrary to you and other posters who were around a few months back (sopite, reverse... perhaps they ring a bell?) I am one to condemn terrorist actions and atrocities on all sides, including Palestinian bombers. So spare me the bollocks about not caring about the "thousands" of women and children killed by Palestinians.

Incidentally, since there are 3 Palestinian casualties for every Israeli, I presume you don't care about the many more thousands of women and children killed by the Israeli Defence Force... but that is old news.
  • Options
    concentration camps

utter bollocks

Aladdin :p
  • Options
    Does anyone feel that after the war with Iraq, the area might become more peaceful because Saddam won't be giving out money to suicide bombers?

Will Iraq's defeat in turn scare Syria into not endorsing Hamas in Lebanon?

Will it make the US push for a Palestinian state in 2005 more realistic?

Right now Hamas has ensured Sharon will win the election. It's what they wanted.
  • Options
    Nice excuse to blame Hamas when Hamas isnt voting in the Israeli elections. People get the government they deserve if they are stupid enough to keep voting for it.
  • Options
    Nice excuse to blame Hamas when Hamas isnt voting in the Israeli elections. People get the government they deserve if they are stupid enough to keep voting for it.

You're a lost case.
  • Options

I'll say it again the only country that hasn't kicked these people out is Israel which is more than can be said for the Arab countries, can't cope with the truth can you ?

Why do you persist with an irrelevant argument, it gets you nowhere.

How other countries have treated the Palestinians does not mitgate for the Israeli method, stick to the argument........
  • Options
    LOL. ah yes, the all knowing Jacq who is as far from assuming any role in adult life that requires seeing more than extremes, I take that as a compliemnt.

Someday my young zealot, youll learn just how full of grey areas both life and the political arena truly are.
  • Options
    Why do you persist with an irrelevant argument, it gets you nowhere.
    What you mean is that I'm right and what I've said is true and as it doesn't fit in with what you want. you'll ignore it.

How other countries have treated the Palestinians does not mitgate for the Israeli method, stick to the argument........
    Maybe not....but by the same token I don't see any left wingers slagging off the Arab countries that have massacred Palestinians, again it doesn't fit in so ignore it.

Face it no country likes or wants the Palestinian problem.