Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Palestine OR Isreal.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There's been a lot of talk about Palestinians on the site. I'd like to discussion the idea that there's a lot of Arabs that don't just want a Palestine...they want there to be no Isreal.

Right now the economy of the entire area is a mess. And where are the protests against suicide bombers. Not for the sake of Isreal but because the Palestinians. They are letting their kids be used by Saddam, Iran and Syria for political purposes.

Logically because of the much higher birth rate of the Palestinians, to believe that Isreal wouldn't want a Palestine is crazy. If Isreal is to be a Jewish state, a Palestine THAT RESPECTS ISREAL'S RIGHT TO EXIST, would be good for Isreal. And if all of these Arab countries were so concerned for the Palestinians, why don't they invest in the region? Saudi Arabia invested over $700 million in America last year.

Why can't Saudi Arabia go to Isreal and say we're going to build this factory in the West Bank to provide this good to Isreal, Jordan and whoever else. And Isreal can have access to it anytime to see that whatever this factory is producing is non-lethal. Wouldn't that be a start to a Palestine? And good jobs for Arabs in an Arab area? That's just one productive idea. Right now the only jobs Arabs are providing to the Palestinians is suicide bombing. Kinda hard to build a life on death.

Comments

• Options
    Sad but true: most of the arab world (if not it all), view the Palestinians as the dregs of the arabic people, and use the Palestinians as their political weapon against Israel.
    Doesn't seem to bother them to integrate the palestinian refugees which they have, into their society. Neither did they seem to bothered once they had control over Gaza and the Westbank, to hand it over to the Palestinians.
  • Options
    The assumption is that they want a Palestine. The leadership of the Arab world wants neither.
  • Options
    That was interesting Jac. Greenhat, I'd like to hear more.
  • Options
    Ah yes and youve shown us all over time just how much value you place in what the Arab leaders of the world want as an indicator of what should nevertheless be done on our part! lol.
  • Options
    "us vs youve. " Did you just admit to not being an American Clandestine? Your words. My conclusion.
  • Options
    I think he might have been referring to Greenhat vs the other members of this forum.
  • Options
    O.K. Thanks Alladin.
  • Options
    pnj, Greeny and I as diametric opponents go way back before you ever showed up. That is whom my comment was addressed to. Go back to sleep please.
  • Options
    Consider the history of the region. If the Arab leaders of the region were interested in providing the Palestinians with a homeland, they could have done it multiple times over. They haven't. Not Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, or Lebanon. They could even have done it in some of the space that is currently called the occupied territories by negotiating directly with Israel for the return of that land and then giving it to the Palestinians.

None of that has happened. As a matter of fact, the Palestinians have been thrown out of some of those countries above.

Now, what is the point to all that? Simple actually. The Palestinians are a tool used by the Arab leadership to maintain focus on Israel as a foe instead of those same leaders. Those leaders want the current situation to exist, and should Israel disappear, they will want the Palestinians to disappear as well. Simply to maintain the status quo and avoid having the "touble-makers" incite revolution in their countries.
  • Options
    Greenhat I am blown away. I never heard that but it fits in with what they did with the US and the reason behind the WTC attack. By encouraging hatred of us they took the spotlight off of the corrupt few who run their countries. I really learned something and gained insight from your post :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    Consider the history of the region. If the Arab leaders of the region were interested in providing the Palestinians with a homeland, they could have done it multiple times over. They haven't. Not Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, or Lebanon. They could even have done it in some of the space that is currently called the occupied territories by negotiating directly with Israel for the return of that land and then giving it to the Palestinians.

None of that has happened. As a matter of fact, the Palestinians have been thrown out of some of those countries above.

Now, what is the point to all that? Simple actually. The Palestinians are a tool used by the Arab leadership to maintain focus on Israel as a foe instead of those same leaders. Those leaders want the current situation to exist, and should Israel disappear, they will want the Palestinians to disappear as well. Simply to maintain the status quo and avoid having the "touble-makers" incite revolution in their countries.

If you really think any Arab nation would be able to negotiate the return of a square inch of land by Israel for the creation of a Palestinian nation then you're rather naive. Let alone the occupied territories, Israel still refuses to return the Golan Heights or the so-called buffer zones it nicked despite continuous efforts and pleas not only by the nations concerned but by the whole international community.

The fact is that the current government of Israel is not interested in negotiations because they don't have any intention of allowing the creation of a Palestinian State, however small. This is the reason why illegal settlements keep growing and growing like the malign tumors they are over more and more areas of the occupied territories, driven by the zionist belief that the whole of Palestine belongs to the Jewish race by Divine fucking Right.
  • Options
    Alladin. In order to have a Jewish state...given the high birth rate of the Palestinians, it is to Isreal's benefit to have a Palestinian state provided: it's not a haven for terrorists who want to destroy Isreal.

Regardless of settlements, there will be more Arabs in Isreal than Jews. So a peaceful Palestine is a good thing. And if it's peaceful...maybe Palestinians can start enjoying a higher standard of living.
  • Options
    And most people share your view, including many Israeli citizens. However extremists are becoming more vocal and prominent; a recent opinion poll conducted by an Israeli media organisation concluded that as many as 47% of Israelis would now like to see the Palestinians permanently expulsed from the region and the land kept as part of Israel.
  • Options
    They're crazy. Explosives have miniturized and no country could defend an onslaught of people who were made into terrorists. Isreal has many different opinions. Check out the Labor Party and Perez.
  • Options
    Israel's Labour party have always been more open to negotiations. Sadly Sharon seems on course for another victory.
  • Options
    Greenhat, all of what you said is true factually, there is no dispute there. However, simply because the Arab leadership has not assumed any tangible responsibility (up until the proposal put forward by Egypt and backed by several Arab governments at any rate), this still doesn't abrogate the imperitive that exists to see a Palestinian state created.

Certainly the Bush administration for all its talk of a road map is unlikely to be an agent of change in the region apart from blowing up random Arab countries.

pnj, yes, I have much more faith in the potential for a resolution to this overly longrunning conflict if Labour gains the majority. Only when Israel is prepared to respect the UN resolutions with full compliance can they ever hope to attain the moral high ground that they want in dealing with non-cooperative elements within the Palestinian ranks.
  • Options
    OMG They agreed with me.

I don't know how to handle positivity towards me. :cool:
  • Options
    It's more than not assuming responsibility. Arab leadership has and will actively manipulate the situation to keep a Palestinian state from existing if at all possible. They won't say so publicly, but that is what they do. Actions speak louder than words, and their actions speak volumes.
  • Options
    The Arabs don't like the palestinians they just use them as proxy terrorists against Israel. That's why the Pals never get any serious hardware.

Just about every Arab state that has taken Palestinians have thrown them out usually after shooting the crap out of them.

Jordan is part of the old palestine and Jordan in the late 60's massacred thousand before chucking the evil bunch of shits out.
  • Options
    So now every last Palestinian is evil? What does that then say about all us Americans or Brits who are making war all over the globe eh? or how bout them evil Israelis who rocket and shoot innocent women and children? Or any number of nationalities whose governments do evil in the world? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    nobody, apart from bloody do gooder leftwingers, like the Palestinians
  • Options
    Didnt realise that caring for people was so objectionable. I suppose youd prefer a world where noone gave a damn about anything or anyone and took every opportunity to harm as many others as possible? :eek2:

What a great future we'll have adhering to that brand of political thinking! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    If you find it acceptable to support a people who send male and female suicide bombers to kill unarmed jewish women and children and routinely kill their own people by hanging from lamp posts, after torture, who are suspected of collaboration (no trial in court for them) then so be it.

I on the other hand find this behaviour disgusting and inhumane as AI have.

If you care so much about them instead of gobbing off on a computer (middle class are we ?) bugger of over there and help them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DinkyDau

If you care so much about them instead of gobbing off on a computer (middle class are we ?) bugger of over there and help them.

Clandestine doesn't do experience and real-life, he does the lip (or should I say typing?) action...
  • Options
    If you find it acceptable to support a people who send male and female suicide bombers to kill unarmed jewish women and children and routinely kill their own people by hanging from lamp posts, after torture, who are suspected of collaboration (no trial in court for them) then so be it.

Are you aware of what the various "resistance" fighters accross Europe did during and after WW2. Those allegations could equally be levelled against them you know...

So, if you have a computer and support the Palestinains in their fight for rights, you must be middle class?

But obviously not if you have a computer but don't support their rights?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

Clandestine doesn't do experience and real-life, he does the lip (or should I say typing?) action...

:eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    ... Israel still refuses to return the Golan Heights or the so-called buffer zones it nicked ...

My memory fails me. :confused:

Who was it - exactly - that started that war, which brought about the capture of those territories?

Such a lesson there... Bungle up your attempt, then go to court to get back what you lost through incompetence. Must be the leftist way... ;) NEVER responsible for ones own actions...
  • Options
    Are you aware of what the various "resistance" fighters accross Europe did during and after WW2. Those allegations could equally be levelled against them you know

Yes I'm well aware. But we are talking about now not 50 odd years ago.
    So, if you have a computer and support the Palestinains in their fight for rights, you must be middle class?

No not really, what I should have said was, stop gobbing off in the comfort of your nice little home far from the reality of it all.
  • Options

Yes I'm well aware. But we are talking about now not 50 odd years ago...

So... are we to blindly accept that everything which transpired prior to your birth is irrelevent? If it happened before the advent of the internet, it isn't "real"?

Reality check.

By your "reasoning", to those born tomorrow, YOU are irrelevent.

Remember that trite little truism concerning "those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it"? You are well upon your way to proving it.

WTC, Acts I & II, the Cole, and an endless stream of other events could be described (by some) as the actions of "resistance fighters". If you think that "resistence fighters are "irrelevant" or "inconsequential", then you are doomed to the just reward of your individual ignorance.
  • Options
    No Jacq, actually I do reality instead of the "Jewish lives are the only lives that matter" fantasy world you seem to inhabit.

Talk to me of the justice in apache helicopter attack, tanks, shooting with military assault rifles of women and children that number into the hundreds if not thousands for random handfuls of civilians who they hit back in retribution. Seems like the kind of thing done by Nazis to towns and villages that showed resistance in WWII (since WWII analogies seem to be your preference).

I think you must be terrorified that Labour would roll back the settlements and honour the UN resolutions of complete pullback. God forbid anyone should have to be the first to stop the cycle of violence especially poor hated Israel. The littany my dear demeans Israel by always adopting the victim role. Perhaps pro-active obligations have been shelved for too long and its time to return to some visionary action from Israel.

For your info, despite my criticism of current Israeli politics in line with current US politics, I would prefer to see Israel flourish in peace alongside a flourishing Palestine and we arent getting any nearer as long as bullets fly and people are besieged.