Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Atheists pray when crashing in the air?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teagan

Gary Miller is a well known revert in Islam - he did alot of dialogues/lectures in the 80s mainly across the pond. I have videos of these and he dialogued with the fallen US Tele-evangelist Jimmy Swaggart in 86. His points about imitating Jesus are not his. Any discussion of Islam with the Bible will say the same things. The Muslim _expects_this as it was the same religion from Adam but culminated and universified in Muhammad. Christians should wonder how come alot of their beliefs come from "Pagan" religions prior to Jesus. Islam is a generic name too; comes from the same root SLM as SaLaM in Arabic and ShaLoM in Hebrew meaning Peace or submission to God's will. Judaism, Christianity are not biblical terms, Islam is Qur' anic. Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, etc are all named after a person or tribe or area. Islam is not.

Alot of missionary sites are out to deceive and distort Islam. Unlike Muslims who have respect for previous prophets and to some point the Bible, a Christian isn't interested in Islam or the Prophet. Indeed a translation of the Qur'an by Sale wrote in his preface that his whole point of the translation was to show the falseness of Islam, one can imagine how accurate his translation is.

The biggest site to Christian polemics is here www.answering-christianity.com

You yourself aren't interested in replies to these "errors" so why continue?

Although the Muslim believes the Qur'an is the literal word of God dictated to the Prophet by Archangel Gabriel and preserved intact in the original language, Arabic it is open to study and comment. That's the whole point of 4:82. Many verses in the Qur'an answer the critics itself. God's book must be defended by Him..

As for Muhammad writing the Qur'an he was illiterate. Karen Armstrong, and many non-Muslims admit this. Unlike Jesus we have alot more about his life and words.
    http://users.erols.com/ameen/missionc.htm

I suggest you read the following in particular the last section about the Qur'an and come back with queries.

There's other points. Jesus like previous prophets since Abraham were circumcised ( Gen 17:13). Christians unlike Jews and Muslims don't have to be. If Jesus was staying at your house and you fed him English breakfast in the morning - he'd only drink the tea/coffee. Pig he can't eat nor non-kosher sausages nor black pudding (full of blood) and the eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes are cooked in the same oil as the rest but in a Muslim home no problem. In Matt 5:17 "not to_destroy_the Law but to fulfil". Paul is quoted for removal of this.
  • Options
    Ashia, please give it a rest. I'm not one to compare religions and debate over which one is the true one or best. For one simple reason: THERE IS NO GOD. I beg your pardon, but all the stuff in the Qur'an, Bible and Torah is exactly the same: science fiction, fantasy, fairy tales, superstitions. There is no all-powerful being that created the earth, and the human race, and the fluffy little sheep. There is no immortal being that control our lives and fate.

If you want to believe that the Universe was originally created by a superior being, very well. But please don't lecture anyone about which religion is the true one, because they are all the same nonsense. There's no bloke who walks on water, no bloke who speaks to ants, no bloke who comes back from the dead. And frankly I find it astonishing that you claim to be in possession of the truth because you've been told that a particular collection of tales and superstitions that somebody put in writing is the truth and the others are not.

Look at it from this angle: the only reason you believe your religion is the true one is because you've been told so since the day you've been born. Had you been born in the Bible Belt, Middle America, you'd probably be here today trying to convince Muslims and Jews that Christianity is the only Way, and you would be as absolutely sure as you are now that Christianity is the true world of god. And had you be born into some isolated South American rainforest tribe, you would believe with all your heart that god was an old tree, or the sun, or the rain, or whatever the fuck they worship down there. And you know what? Anyone who worships those things deserves as much credibility as the big 3 religions, for it has exactly the same chance of being the True One.
  • Options
    Expecting her reply now.......
    "Goto www.muslimsarealwaysright.com, thats where I found out about the truth. being brainwashed from birth is irrelevant, I can give up as easy as one of you could give up smoking, I just choose not to"
  • Options
    Aladdin

In the Islam and other religion's thread I mentioned "fitrah" man's innate state to believe in One God and have some guidance about was is right and wrong when one is born. Muslims don't expect everyone who isn't Muslim is going to Hell as explained in that thread. Everyone who obeyed his prophet in his lifetime/era will go to Heaven. And God will judge ppl who live on a remote Island (and have no chance of learning about religion) on his norms and values. Everyone regardless of belief who die prior to the act of discretion/puberty goes to Heaven. It is UNFAIR for God to judge them on their actions.

If you read the_documented_belief of what Aborgines believe before the white man came to Australia you will find it is Islam in everything but name. They don't say Islam as they don't speak Arabic but they believe in One God, he has no sons and no daughters, he isn't a man. This ties in with Islam being taught everywhere in the past but the Law and rites were suited to that place, time and mankind's maturity. The Prophet of Islam said everyone is born "Muslim" [lit. submits his will to God] it is parents who turn him into a Jew, Christian, etc. I've said Christianity is man-made and unnatural as a person living on a remote island will never come to believe we are born in sin because of Adam (Islam says we are all born pure - sin is acquired not inherited) and that God's only begotten son has to die for mankind's sin and the Trinity. It is more likely by appreciating nature around him and creation that he believes in one God and has some sense of communication/revelation in the form of Prophets in the same way bees are inspired to make honey and birds nests.

When Christians have to prove their beliefs from the Bible they have to go to Paul mainly. Jesus' words alone are more Islamic/Jewish than Christian.
  • Options
    Re: Teagan
    Originally posted by Aisha
    You yourself aren't interested in replies to these "errors" so why continue?

I just can't be bothered to keep coming back at you with couinter claims Aisha but the fact is that the Qu'ran is full of errors that you will NEVER choose to see because you don't WANT to see - "theres none so blind as those that will not see" ...

... BUT ...

The reason I continue? Because you are trying to convert people on this board to Islam who possibly know very little about Christianity let alone ANY religon and you are using lies and deceit to promote your propaganda. I am merely pointing out to anyone that may be half-convinced by your arguments that they should be aware that the Qu'ran is also inaccurate and no matter how much hot air you blow about it, it will always remain so.

I know that your opinion about it won't change so it's up to you - the more you stay here and write your propaganda, the more I'll stay here and rubbish it.
  • Options
    For me the only religion which holds water is the teachings of the Jedi.
  • Options
    Re: Aladdin
    If you read the_documented_belief of what Aborgines believe before the white man came to Australia you will find it is Islam in everything but name.

The Hindus - one of the oldest the oldest religons on earth. All those hundreds of years older than Islam and the number of gods they have has increased - not decreased to one! That's logical. More evidence of Allah's divine intervention.
  • Options
    Re: Aladdin
    When Christians have to prove their beliefs from the Bible they have to go to Paul mainly. Jesus' words alone are more Islamic/Jewish than Christian.

And the Muslims CANNOT PROVE that the Qu'ran is the direct word of Allah. All evidence points to the influence of Muhammed.

And Jesus' words are certainly not Islamic - he was born a Jew (Islam only appeared a few hundred years after Christianity). It is patently obvious that Muhammed used the Bible as one of his sources of inspiration for making up the Qu'ran.

So the Qu'ran is more Jewish/Christian.
  • Options
    Every living thing is "Muslim"

I've tried to explain that "MuSLiM" and 'iSLaM" are generic terms literally mean submitter to God's will and submission to God's will or peacemaker and peace. The root is SLM from which ShaLoM in Hebrew - meaning peace also derives. In that sense the moon obeys God's Law so its Muslim, and so on. Muhammadism is a misnomer. As far as the Muslim sees it all Prophets were teaching the same religion but the Law was different. Judaism and Christianity are non-biblical terms and ppl were first called Christians at Antioch after Jesus went

What was Abraham's religion?

3:65 Ye People of the Book! Why dispute ye about Abraham, when the Law and the Gospel Were not revealed Till after him? Have ye no understanding? 3:66 Ah! Ye are those who fell to disputing (Even) in matters of which ye had some knowledge! but why dispute ye in matters of which ye have no knowledge? It is God Who knows, and ye who know not! 3:67 Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was true in Faith, and bowed his will to God's (Which is Islam), and he joined not gods with God.

This argument that Muhammad used the Bible doesn't hold water. We expect some material to be common as it comes from same source. Jesus himself used Mosaic Law in his teaching. So?

Black ants are only found in Argentina and/or Uruguay? Wrong.
    http://research.amnh.org/entomology/social_insects/ants/westafrica/clog8d.htm

1. Termites primarily communicate via chemicals called pheromones.

2. Sound is another means of communication. Soldiers and workers can bang their heads against tunnel walls. The vibrations are perceived by other termites in the colony and serve to mobilize the colony to defend itself.

Taken from the website of Shripat T. Kamble, Associate Professor of
    Entomology,
    http://www.ianr.unl.edu/pubs/insects/ec1556.htm#comm

#2 is an exact description of what is mentioned in the Qur'an.

You only quoted point 1 Teagan.

That Aston Martin Vanquish is still in my garage.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere

A lot of Atheists still believe in a God, they just don't believe in the religions that have sprang up to worhsip him as they are all crap.

Atheists don't believe in ANY God!!!
  • Options
    Re: Every living thing is "Muslim"
    Black ants are only found in Argentina and/or Uruguay? Wrong.

Erm ... Aisha, you said Black Fire Ants in your origonal post - not just "black ants". You're the one who is wrong again - so when can I expect the Aston Martin?

And even if I am magnanimous enough to concede a draw on this particular point, you've put so much time and effort in trying to refute me that you've conveniently "forgotten" to defend yourself regarding the other points I raised. And when you do, I'll counter your points and produce even more nonsense as found in the Qu'ran.

2003 is going to be a fun year on this board, yeah?
  • Options
    ) The Quran on the Origin of the Universe:
    The science of modern cosmology, observational and theoretical, clearly indicates that, at one point in time, the whole universe was nothing but a cloud of ‘smoke’ (i.e. an opaque highly dense and hot gaseous composition).1 This is one of the undisputed principles of standard modern cosmology. Scientists now can observe new stars forming out of the remnants of that ‘smoke’ (see figures 10 and 11).

Figure 10: A new star forming out of a cloud of gas and dust (nebula), which is one of the remnants of the ‘smoke’ that was the origin of the whole universe. (The Space Atlas, Heather and Henbest, p. 50.)

Figure 11: The Lagoon nebula is a cloud of gas and dust, about 60 light years in diameter. It is excited by the ultraviolet radiation of the hot stars that have recently formed within its bulk. (Horizons, Exploring the Universe, Seeds, plate 9, from Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy, Inc.) (Click on the image to enlarge it.)

The illuminating stars we see at night were, just as was the whole universe, in that ‘smoke’ material. God has said in the Quran:

Then He turned to the heaven when it was smoke... (Quran, 41:11)

Because the earth and the heavens above (the sun, the moon, stars, planets, galaxies, etc.) have been formed from this same ‘smoke,’ we conclude that the earth and the heavens were one connected entity. Then out of this homogeneous ‘smoke,’ they formed and separated from each other. God has said in the Quran:

Have not those who disbelieved known that the heavens and the earth were one connected entity, then We separated them?... (Quran, 21:30)

Dr. Alfred Kroner is one of the world’s renowned geologists. He is Professor of Geology and the Chairman of the Department of Geology at the Institute of Geosciences, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany. He said: “Thinking where Muhammad came from . . . I think it is almost impossible that he could have known about things like the common origin of the universe, because scientists have only found out within the last few years, with very complicated and advanced technological methods, that this is the case.”2 (To view the RealPlayer video of this comment click here ). Also he said: “Somebody who did not know something about nuclear physics fourteen hundred years ago could not, I think, be in a position to find out from his own mind, for instance, that the earth and the heavens had the same origin.”3 (View the RealPlayer video of this comment ).

I understand Aisha, I'm studying Science, and just recently started studying the Qu'ran, very interesting indeed.
  • Options
  • Options
    Girl you are minging. And don't tell me what to do
  • Options
    [You are more of a frog than a princess
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I guess some of them want to play safe. According to the christians' rulebook a bit of repenting before death can just do the trick. If there is no afterlife they have nothing to lose, and if there is an afterlife as described in the bible a good samaritan atheist has a much better chance of winding up in heaven than many of the church-going christians in this world.

says it all
    'virtuous disbelievers' is the term i believe

theyd probably land up in heaven before those warmongering fudamentalists across the atlantic
  • Options
    Originally posted by patrick mccourt

I really think you should post a picture of yourself on here first, b4 u go around calling people minging, who are clearly not..
  • Options
    Originally posted by patrick mccourt

Apart from being a dead post, you have also just cut and paste from an Islamist article. This thread is dead. Leave it. Move on. Its over.