Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Grandad really poorly in hospital

HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
I just got off the phone from my mum who is in tears and she said he's really poorly. The hospital is saying that he has had 2 seizures. I am in floods of tears and my hands feel all tingly and numb. I am by myself and I don't know what to do.

Comments

• Options
    Mum just got home, explained he was fine at first, had a mini seizure, came around and then had another and they are finding it hard to waking him back up.
  • Options
    Apparently most of the family are there. I don't really want to go and see my grandad like this. He is now in I.C.U...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know what to say Hann but huge hugs *hug* *hug*
  • Options
    Thanks butterfly :)
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hows he doing? Do keep us updated on how he's doing :heart: I wish there was more I could say/do, but hang in there beautiful, were here for you! -Massive *hug*'s-
  • Options
    Sending you hugs
  • Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi Hannah, sending a hug you way too. I've been through this, unfortunately far too many times for my ages (all my GPs and one of OH's) and all I can say is stay strong, stay hopeful and also keep thinking of all your great memories and happy times. Don't worry if you don't want to go see him, everyone deals with things differently.

The only other thing I can say, from experience, is that whilst it hurts so so much, we don't want our loved ones to suffer. So I hope more than anything that your grandad is just looked after with all the love he needs, whatever happens.

Love to you and all the family x
  • Options
    Hows he doing? Do keep us updated on how he's doing :heart: I wish there was more I could say/do, but hang in there beautiful, were here for you! -Massive *hug*'s-

Hey WOTH my mum just said that he's awake and is breathing on his own. My auntie was there this morning and saw him have a turn and she didn't like seeing it. Thank you *hug*
    Sending you hugs

Thanks Bre *hug*
    Cat88 wrote: »
    Hi Hannah, sending a hug you way too. I've been through this, unfortunately far too many times for my ages (all my GPs and one of OH's) and all I can say is stay strong, stay hopeful and also keep thinking of all your great memories and happy times. Don't worry if you don't want to go see him, everyone deals with things differently.

The only other thing I can say, from experience, is that whilst it hurts so so much, we don't want our loved ones to suffer. So I hope more than anything that your grandad is just looked after with all the love he needs, whatever happens.

Love to you and all the family x

Hey Cat

Thanks. Thanks I'm trying to, been doing that last night.
    Yeah, I've not really done or said anything, but it's kind of hard when my mum is crying though. Yeah thanks.
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    My mum has just text me saying he is having a heart bypass.
  • Options
    My mum has just got a message from my nana saying my grandad is back on the ward and he's doing ok for now.
  • Options
    My mum has just got a message from my nana saying my grandad is back on the ward and he's doing ok for now.

I'm glad you've had some slightly more positive news

*hug*
  • Options
    ella! wrote: »
    I'm glad you've had some slightly more positive news

*hug*

I know.
    Thanks Ella
    *hug*
  • Options
    My nana just got a call from the hospital saying that my grandad is being stubborn and not eating anything and not taking his meds.
  • Options
    When my Nana got to the hospital, the doctor was speaking to my grandad and he was shaking his head. My Nana then said "he's shaking his head because he can't hear you not because he's saying no." Stupid they are in that hospital saying for ages they will get someone in to come and get another hearing aid for him but they still haven't.
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Hann,

How are things at the moment? Did your Granddad get a new hearing aid?
    Hope you're okay :)
  • Options
    James wrote: »
    Hey Hann,

How are things at the moment? Did your Granddad get a new hearing aid?
    Hope you're okay :)

Hey James,

Well at the moment he's better. And no, they keep saying they will get someone to come and they don't.
  • Options
    Hey James,

Well at the moment he's better. And no, they keep saying they will get someone to come and they don't.

Glad to hear he's doing a better :)
    Let's hope someone comes round to deal with the hearing aid soon!
  • Options
    UPDATE:
    So on Wednesday he got his hearing aid fixed, however he still couldn't hear, turns out he had a lot of wax in his ears... He got them cleaned out yesterday and someone at the hospital arranged for my grandad to talk to my nana on the phone, he hates doing it but they both liked it as they could hear each other. And also he should be coming out soon.
  • Options
    Brilliant news hannah :)
  • Options
    Good to hear it's been sorted :)

Great that he's coming out soon too!
  • Options
    He's hopefully coming out today or tomorrow
  • Options
    He came out last night. Finally he's home
  • Options
    He came out last night. Finally he's home

Brilliant hann yeye happy f8r u
  • Options
  • Options
    :)

That's great Hann!
  • Options
    So as he is in again, my auntie has just called my mum saying he has collapsed lung... :'(
  • Options
    Oh Hann, I'm really sorry to hear this :(

Keep us updated and remember that we care *hug*
  • Options
    ella! wrote: »
    Oh Hann, I'm really sorry to hear this :(

Keep us updated and remember that we care *hug*

I will. My nana is in hospital herself. She's just gone for a x-ray.
  • Options
    Nana isn't staying in. Mum called asking whether I wanted to go see him as he's getting worse but I just don't want to see him like this...
  • Options
    Good news that your Nana isn't staying in. You and your poor family aren't having the best time :(

Seeing him is totally your choice. It is a hard choice to make though, and probably something you need to decide upon sooner rather than later. People often choose not to visit relatives so they can hold onto memories of happier times, when that person was healthier. For other people, having the chance to see them is important, just in case a final goodbye is needed.

Maybe talk to your mum and see what she thinks? Remember it is your choice though, try not to feel pressured into doing whatever everyone else is doing

*hug*