Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Grandad really poorly in hospital

2»

Comments

• Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    ella! wrote: »
    Good news that your Nana isn't staying in. You and your poor family aren't having the best time :(

Seeing him is totally your choice. It is a hard choice to make though, and probably something you need to decide upon sooner rather than later. People often choose not to visit relatives so they can hold onto memories of happier times, when that person was healthier. For other people, having the chance to see them is important, just in case a final goodbye is needed.

Maybe talk to your mum and see what she thinks? Remember it is your choice though, try not to feel pressured into doing whatever everyone else is doing

*hug*

I know.

My mum knows I don't want to go for that reason, even she said the same thing.

Thanks *hug*
  • Options
    So yesterday at the hospital, basically everyone in the family (except my younger cousin and my eldest cousin's boyfriend) was there except me.
    There was about 14 there. My mum was telling me this morning that they had to move my grandad from the ward itself, onto a side room as there was that many people. Also it was very hot in the room so some people were standing outside. My nana has phoned the hospital this morning and apparently he has gotten better over night. They can't re-inflate the lung as he has pneumonia.
  • Options
    He's gone
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He's gone

I'm so sorry Hann *hug*
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He's gone

Oh Hann, I'm so sorry to hear this sweetie *hug* :heart: