Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ptsd

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katiejayne wrote: »
    No i don't like my GP, it's a male and i having really bad trust/anxiety problems with and around males

You can request to see a female GP :)
  • Options
    Alfie wrote: »
    I can't really give much advice on how to cope with it as i've never really coped well. But i still see the persons face in the dark and hear their voice and stuff and get flash backs. I think though when that does happen counting and telling yourself they aren't there helps to calm down and make the stuff go away.
    I think counselling and therapy helps though and working with someone in depth.

Thanks, i have tried telling myself there not real, but when it happens it's so scary and realistic i cam't believe it's not real, and get even more scared. I have only been to one counselling session so far, but my second one which was meant to be today had to be cancelled :(
  • Options
    You can request to see a female GP :)

i'm not sure, i'm not really confident with asking for things and stuff, so don't know if i will be able to for low confidence :/
  • Options
    katiejayne wrote: »
    i'm not sure, i'm not really confident with asking for things and stuff, so don't know if i will be able to for low confidence :/

Does your surgery have the means to make appointments online? Then you could choose who you see without having to ask on the phone.
  • Options
    I know its really hard to do and tbh i find it hard to control to an extent at times.
    I guess best thing you can do it not put yourself in situations where you might become more agitated or have access to harmful things. Like i don't go anywhere with lights off cos i know it will suddenly get really bad or don't keep some dangerous objects in reach.
    I guess every ones different with what they experience and how they best cope but i do find trying to avoid worsening it helps to an extent. :)
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Does your surgery have the means to make appointments online? Then you could choose who you see without having to ask on the phone.

There are no female doctors at my surgery :/
  • Options
    I know its really hard to do and tbh i find it hard to control to an extent at times.
    I guess best thing you can do it not put yourself in situations where you might become more agitated or have access to harmful things. Like i don't go anywhere with lights off cos i know it will suddenly get really bad or don't keep some dangerous objects in reach.
    I guess every ones different with what they experience and how they best cope but i do find trying to avoid worsening it helps to an extent. :)

thanks again, but i self harm daily, and because of how i do it, pretty much eerything is a dangerous object.
  • Options
    So do i, but if you think proppa hard like i did in the end, i guess there is certain things even if small which can help in one way or another.
  • Options
    So do i, but if you think proppa hard like i did in the end, i guess there is certain things even if small which can help in one way or another.

thanks Alfie :)