Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Will I be pretty?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What the reaction that its amazing, and the reaction that she could have done it better, and this and that, etc?

I didnt say your reaction was "wrong". Your reaction is your reaction. I do find it rather interesting though.
    2 heterosexual men immediately pull apart other things about the performance or subject matter rather than appreciate it for what it actually is.
    Especially this one, It's like you 'HAVE' to appreciate it, or you're wrong or bad.
    no, i just thought it weird that all the women thought it was amazing, but the only two hetero guys needed to find ways to criticise it somehow when none of the women did. Im sure it wasnt consciously done, but interesting all the same.

I'm sorry but there's not other way to put this, you really sound fucking bonkers >.<
    (And really quite sexist, like you have a problem with straight men)
    You genuinely are coming across as femonazi...

You're looking for things you can't see.

Although I think the video is amazing, and completely agree with it.
  • Options
    Bollocks Shikari! Utter fucking tripe!
  • Options
    Not at all, she is being a complete feminazi.
  • Options
    Shikari wrote: »
    Not at all, she is being a complete feminazi.

Only if you don't read what's there.
  • Options
    Because daring to point something out of the men reacting differently makes her a feminazi does it? Surely that's psychology?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Because daring to point something out of the men reacting differently makes her a feminazi does it? Surely that's psychology?

See this is what annoys me, what makes it so 'daring'. ><
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »

• Options
    That she's pointing out the sodding obvious! If anyone's a bloody feminazi it's me!!!
  • Options
    Shikari wrote: »

I didn't think it was daring, but your reaction made it seem like it was. She only stated a fact.
  • Options
    femiNIST dear. Not feminazi.
    Just because other women have been and are being prepared to fight YOUR battles so you can enjoy the fruits of feminism, makes you a bit of a cunt if youll then liken them to a nazi for it

I have no problem with straight men, im in a very very lovely relationship with one who loved that video and completely agreed with its message
  • Options
    I wasn't likening them to nazi's I was likening myself!
  • Options
    My favourite definition of a feminist is "Do you have a vagina? Do you want to choose what happens to it? if the answer is yes you're a feminist" It's not perfect, but it's quite funny. Caitlin Moran IIRR
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    My favourite definition of a feminist is "Do you have a vagina? Do you want to choose what happens to it? if the answer is yes you're a feminist" It's not perfect, but it's quite funny. Caitlin Moran IIRR
    What if the answer to the first one is no and so "it" in the second one is undefined?
  • Options
    What if the answer to the first one is no and so "it" in the second one is undefined?

Oh mate, you're so literal sometimes, it's a very tongue in cheek definition. And, in addition, comes in the middle of a passage talking about women who don't want to be seen as feminist because it's not very feminine. It's from all that tripe about it not being feminist to shave your legs or wear makeup or be pretty or not want a job, etc.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Oh mate, you're so literal sometimes, it's a very tongue in cheek definition. And, in addition, comes in the middle of a passage talking about women who don't want to be seen as feminist because it's not very feminine. It's from all that tripe about it not being feminist to shave your legs or wear makeup or be pretty or not want a job, etc.
    Well I could tell it's not a "serious" definition, just wondered if it's a definition at all :p But it does make better sense in context, after all.
    My reply would originally have had "...and the compiler throws an error" added at the end but I couldn't decide if that was a way to make it obviously a joking reply or a side-effect of the state of mind I was in, so I left it out.
  • Options
    I always struggle to get past The Voice that people adopt when doing these pieces.