Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm so confused... How am I supposed to feel?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, basically. I'm in year 9(13 year old girl) an I've been getting along really well with this boy in my tutor. We have so much gun and laughs when where together and he seems to understand me. I'm not skinny and I'm not pretty, I don't where make up but I'm quite neeky! So yeah. We get along great. But then, my 'ex' friend has liked him for 3 years and he knows about it. She has clef pallet and gets teased a lot and has been bullied for ages so he has like no self confidence. But me and my other friend have been really kind and stuck by here. Helping her.
Now the reason I call her 'ex' friend! Because the other day she had a right go at me telling me that I was selfish and that she hated me. Then she said that I was in love with this boy and was stealing him away from her. So I had a go back( as ya do!) but, as usual, she ran off crying. Usually me and my friend run after her and make her feel better and apologise but this time we didn't s she got even more mad.
He next day she tried to talk to us and we ignored her so yeah where not friends now.
So back to him...(sorry I'm babbling) he's sweet, cute( looks don't matter though), kind, funny and very mean!! But in a sweet way!
I sit next to him in science and we get all of the work done but we still talk and stuff. When he talks to me he faces me completely, stares right into my eyes and just smiles. I get tingles down my Spine every time! When we are t in class then we do this thing called mind battle. I know that it sounds really neeky but he puts his forehead on mind and his nose on mine then pushes me up against the wall and talks to me. This is i front of his friends most of the time or In front of mine. But they all tease him saying that he fancies me. I think that I like him. I'm always thinking about him and I just feel great! I use to self harm but I don't now that we are friends!
What does this mean? Does he like me? Do I like him? Should I say anything because yesterday my 'ex' friend told his friend that she thought I like him and I sit next to that guy in art so he shouted across to the first one that I loved him and I had to explain myself but later on yesterday he asked whether it was true. So I said I didn't know and he said I must do becAuse I was blushing. He said that loved me too! But I'm not sure whether that was true because then we had to go to class

Comments

• Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Wow...
  • Options
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »
    Wow...

Lol. Ik! I'm sorry it's really long. Any advice??
  • Options
    Erm, go with the flow really, I mean you're 13, you're year 9... Enjoy this year before knuckling down next year when exams start. That's what I did, and I don't regret it. You'll learn from your mistakes, if something does happen with this guy chances are you'll look back in a few years or so and wonder why you thought you loved him. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything but its personal experience. Also don't let this girl be so immature, had a similar situation with a rather close friend of mine. She let the guy go cos one of her 'friends' wanted to be with him, accused her of stealing him blah blah blah. If you like him, and he likes you go for it, why not, just try not to get pregnant this young ya know?.Just don't get tied up in it all when youre so young. Some boys are lovely and it makes you feel so nice when you think someone cares for you so much but just take it easy and don't get into some serious relationship where you feel like you can't be young anymore. I'm not even that much older than you but boys and friends teach you a lot (y)
  • Options
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »
    Erm, go with the flow really, I mean you're 13, you're year 9... Enjoy this year before knuckling down next year when exams start. That's what I did, and I don't regret it. You'll learn from your mistakes, if something does happen with this guy chances are you'll look back in a few years or so and wonder why you thought you loved him. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything but its personal experience. Also don't let this girl be so immature, had a similar situation with a rather close friend of mine. She let the guy go cos one of her 'friends' wanted to be with him, accused her of stealing him blah blah blah. If you like him, and he likes you go for it, why not, just try not to get pregnant this young ya know?.Just don't get tied up in it all when youre so young. Some boys are lovely and it makes you feel so nice when you think someone cares for you so much but just take it easy and don't get into some serious relationship where you feel like you can't be young anymore. I'm not even that much older than you but boys and friends teach you a lot (y)
    I know and I'm definitely not going to get pregnant, don't worry:) ive already started most of my exams anyway and it's going great so far!! I've got b's and a*'s!! But I don't want to let him go. I have never had a bf(proper one!!) and I've fancied people but they don't like me back. I've never kissed a guy. I've held hands with this guy and we flirt but not on purpose if that makes sense. I don't sleep properly either and only really get 2 hours a night so the rest of the time I can't stop thinking about him. Do I like him?? It's hard to know how he feels because I've never been in this situation before
  • Options
    Well it certainly sounds like you do.. You could just ask him if he likes you, or if you he wanted to go out with you somewhere or something
  • Options
    Yeah suppose but I've never done that before and I'm scared of rejection. What if he doesn't like me back???
  • Options
    I totally get where you are coming from... maybe just casually say you are going to the cinema, or out with friends and invite him along, that way there'll be less pressure on you both when you do meet. Good luck :-)
  • Options
    Is this the same guy you are in love with from the other thread?
  • Options
    it certainly sounds like you like him. I understand how you are scared of rejection.. i used to be that way.. the way i look at it is this... the worst he can say is no. if he says no, then you end up in exactly the same place you are in now. it is still scary to let someone know that you are interested, but you cant know if he is until you say something
  • Options
    Today he came up to me on the way to 4th period(art) and asked whether I fancied him and he said that someone was spreading rumours about it but he didn't want to tell me who because he didn't want me upset. He said that I loved him and stuff! I denied it but I was walking with some of my friends who told me that I did like him and then they where saying
    to him that I do. But I think I convinced him that I don't. But then I was pretty sad after that for some reason. It might be the fact that those friends asked him whether he loved me. He said as a friend.
    So there's the answer
  • Options
    there ya go then, just be happy you've got a good friend. i'm sure they'll be another one along soon
  • Options
    Hey lostangel

Moving from being friends with someone to becoming boyfriend and girlfriend is always a tricky one. First you've got to work out if they feel the same way as you without ruining your friendship, which can be hard! He could be feeling the same as you and also worrying about opening up in case you don't feel the same way too!

I thought I'd post a couple of links to some TheSite articles that might be of help:

I love my best friend

Asking someone out

Is this a date or are we just hanging out

If you do go ahead and start seeing this guy, it might be a good idea to chat it through with your 'ex' friend first. It's understandable that she feels upset if she has liked him for a long time, so I'm sure she'd prefer to hear it from you than someone else if you do make a go of it.

Good luck!
  • Options
    spanner wrote: »
    Hey lostangel

Moving from being friends with someone to becoming boyfriend and girlfriend is always a tricky one. First you've got to work out if they feel the same way as you without ruining your friendship, which can be hard! He could be feeling the same as you and also worrying about opening up in case you don't feel the same way too!

I thought I'd post a couple of links to some TheSite articles that might be of help:

I love my best friend

Asking someone out

Is this a date or are we just hanging out

If you do go ahead and start seeing this guy, it might be a good idea to chat it through with your 'ex' friend first. It's understandable that she feels upset if she has liked him for a long time, so I'm sure she'd prefer to hear it from you than someone else if you do make a go of it.

Good luck!
    Thankyou:)
  • Options
    I told him on Saturday. My bet friends bf gave her his number so I texted him and stuff then I told him that the rumours where true but if he didn't feel the same that I didn't mind but could we still be friends. He said its okay and we can still be friends. He said mind battles are still okay as well. It was really nice about it. But when I or to school this morni I was really worried that all his friends would know or something. He was texting me all weekend and we where having laughs and stuff so I though he could have showed them the messages. I tried to avoid him for the morning until i got to tutor. My friend said 'hey*guys name* an then he came and spoke to us but he kinda teased me for what I had told him. That made me kinda upset but afterwards me and my friend laughe and decided we weren't to say hello first for a while. But it's really annoying because we ha I move seats in science as well so I don't sit near him any more.
  • Options
    Well done for telling him - even if it didn't have the outcome you hoped for, at least you have your answer now and you can move on.
  • Options
    Unfortunately that's easier said than done