Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Inside Waco...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
anyone watch this last night on C4, i thought it was ace. perhaps a lot of people here might be a bit young to remember it, but i remember it clear as day, still freaks me out a bit now.

What did people think?

Obviously David Koresh was a complete nutcase, but his followers truely believed his teachings, even as far as still following his teachings after the ending incident.

nutters the lot of em in my eyes.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    bastard can't believe I missed it!
  • Options
    it was quite good actually, altho i felt the documentary makers were trying to make out as if it was the police and fbi's fault more than the nutcases.
  • Options
    Yes he was a nutcase, yes it was probably whats termed a 'cult' but the ATF butchered them for no good reason.

You dont raid someone for illegal gun ownership if they know you are raiding them! Surely thats just bloody obvious.

Something they didnt mention which I thought a bit odd which I have heard on a previous film about it was the fire and the CS gas. According to the other film, CS spray isnt flammable by itself, but in large amounts over a long period it can form a layer on hard surfaces which is flammable. Mix that with the CS gas canister flare starter and thats why the fire burnt so quickly.
  • Options
    yeah they said at the end that to this day they were not sure what or who started the fire...

the part that disturbed me the most was why didnt more children leave when they agreed to get some out, i cant understand why any parent would want to keep their child in that situation, nuts or not.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote: »
    the part that disturbed me the most was why didnt more children leave when they agreed to get some out, i cant understand why any parent would want to keep their child in that situation, nuts or not.

Because that was the end for them, that was how it was foretold, if you are a little wierd and you read Revelations a lot then you're going to feel like the end of the World is nigh. That and after weeks and weeks of next to no sleep, little water and food...etc. they are not going to be thinking rationally.

As soon as they knew that the raid wasnt a surprise they should have called it off and started negotiations then.
  • Options
    i didn't see that doc koe but i've seen a few others, pretty disgusting what they did, ramming the building with tanks and spraying large doses of CS in an enclosed space with men, women and children stuck and nowhere to run.....nice.
  • Options
    i didn't see that doc koe but i've seen a few others, pretty disgusting what they did, ramming the building with tanks and spraying large doses of CS in an enclosed space with men, women and children stuck and nowhere to run.....nice.

I think the jist of the CS plan was to get people to run out, but given they knew the building was surrounded by snipers, and they'd been shot at a lot, it didnt really work.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    bastard can't believe I missed it!

Same! Fuck it, I really wanted to watch that. Cunts!
  • Options
    Cant you watch it on YouTube or something, I wanted to debate this and everyone is just saying 'oh I missed it'.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    budda wrote: »
    Cant you watch it on YouTube or something, I wanted to debate this and everyone is just saying 'oh I missed it'.

Couldn't find it on youtube or torrent :(
  • Options
    It's being repeated on More4 on monday (tomorrow, 5th Feb) at 9PM.
  • Options
    Balls, missed it too. Don't have More4 either :(