Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bleurghhh *Poss Triggering*

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why don't you try and organise a bit of friend time with them? It might help you out a bit.

They're not always going to last long - but eventually you will notice that the good times get better and the bad times fewer and further inbetween. I know it really doesn't seem like that right now, but it will happen.

*hugs* what's your post on the hugs thread about missy? How do you think you've screwed up your life?
  • Options
    I am seeing them this wednesday evening for a catch up and I go to the gym with them both just we've all been majorly busy recently (or in my case...too stressed to be bothered!)

I dont know...I'm just feeling really down...almost consumed a whole concoction of prescription medication last night...luckily an email from Samaritans and chat kept me going...
  • Options
    Yay for Wednesday. It's tomorrow, so not long to go. I'd suggest you try to get yourself back into the gym hon, you were finding it did wonders for your mood.

Have you plans to go back to the doctors yet? I really think it would be beneficial for you. It's okay to need some help to get through this low point.
  • Options
    Yeah...I'm looking forward to it :) - I went back to the gym last week :) I just don't have a set routine at the moment so I find it hard finding the time but I have a few days off so will make an effort to go :)

I rang today but couldn't get through and then when I did I couldn't see my GP so will try again tomorrow...I guess I don't really hold out much hope for any practical help though...
  • Options
    What do you count as practical help, and why are you not thinking you'll get it? What do you want them to do?
  • Options
    I don't know anymore...I feel like if I want to "stop feeling like this" then I need to snap out of it and just get on with more important things. I have my reasons for not wanting to go down the medication route...mainly because I don't believe in masking how I feel when its circumstances driven; thats why I will go to counselling because I know talking about it will help more.

Also, Helen said something in chat last night which inadvertantly made me think that if I did things to boost my own self-confidence, I might not be reacting quite as sensitively to everything at the moment as I am, which would also help...I can't even watch TV programmes without bursting into tears at the slightest thing (which for me is really unusual). I can't even remember what she said now but it was helpful.

I also had 8 hours sleep last night without waking up whatsoever and its made a huge difference...
  • Options
    Sleep is my saviour. It's like the best thing EVER. I love sleep.

Self-confidence is often something wrapped up in bereavement. The "if i was worthy they wouldn't have left" type of thoughts, so I am sure that that type of thing would help you out for sure. I still find myself in tears at certain tv programs though (mainly adverts, like the cancer research disappearing wellingtons, and for some reason the 'save the best till last' advert that i'm sure is bisto but perhaps someone else used that song for sth a bit more poignant?!) so there will be some things that are just triggering.

I completely understand your reasons for not wanting to go down the medication route, but I don't necessarily agree that it's just masking the feelings. I think if you were to go on a short, temporary course of something, it would give your body the kickstart to right itself and balance out the chemicals etc that are stopping you from processing things. What's the deal with counselling?
  • Options
    Having not had any proper sleep in the past 4 weeks...it was definitely needed and I love sleep too..without a good 8/9 hour sleep I can't function properly!

Yeah I guess I would be willing to consider it, if it is short-term...I don't want to be on anything long term.

Cruse offered me counselling - first appt is on 8th November...
  • Options
    WOOP! Yay for Cruse. Go in with an open mind and be prepared to give it time. You don't always poor your heart out to the person who will become your best mate the first time you meet them...it takes time to build that.

My friend went on a short term course back in February when he was bullied out of his job and under incredible stress. it helped him to manage. They may even just be willing to give you some sleeping tablets or something - sleep is really important to allow your brain to process things.

Have you tried any of the sleep help things that are available?
  • Options
  • Options
    I will stick out the 6 sessions...

I tried Kalms tablets during the day and I've tried some herbal sleeping stuff - it doesnt work but I know a lot of my sleep deprivation has been down to work because thats twice I have managed to sleep when I havent had to go to work the next day!
  • Options
    I love that last scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats soooooooooooo cute!!!!
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    I don't know anymore...I feel like if I want to "stop feeling like this" then I need to snap out of it and just get on with more important things. I have my reasons for not wanting to go down the medication route...mainly because I don't believe in masking how I feel when its circumstances driven; thats why I will go to counselling because I know talking about it will help more.

Also, Helen said something in chat last night which inadvertantly made me think that if I did things to boost my own self-confidence, I might not be reacting quite as sensitively to everything at the moment as I am, which would also help...I can't even watch TV programmes without bursting into tears at the slightest thing (which for me is really unusual). I can't even remember what she said now but it was helpful.

I also had 8 hours sleep last night without waking up whatsoever and its made a huge difference...

Hi hun, hope you don't mind me butting in, but I felt the same way about going down the medication route too. One boss I had told me that she had been on antidepressants, and talked it through with me about maybe going on them myself. She said that there was something in our brains, a chemical or something, when we get depressed it's because we are lacking in it and the tablets just give us a boost so we can sort ourselves out.
    I took antidepressants while attending counseling, I think it really helped. xx
  • Options
    Hi Reena

Really struggling again this evening...really can't be bothered/don't care/annoyed/upset/angry....list is endless...sick of it all now.
  • Options
    Do you want a hug?
    Here's a big one: *hug* *hug* :heart: *hug* *hug*
  • Options
    Thanks...just deactivated my FB account...
  • Options
    Why's that?
    I'm not a fan of fb, could never get into it. xx
  • Options
    Causes too much trouble...been nothing but a pain for me this year...sick of it now...sick of it all x
  • Options
    That's why I could never get into it, too much trouble. xx
  • Options
    Get yourself to the gym young lady, get some endorphins into your system and get some sleep off the back of it.

Congrats on trying the GP, stick with it. They might be able to suggest something to get up out of this slump, techniques/tricks to sleep which in turn make everything else easier to deal with.

How about a weepy film? Perfect excuse to cry, and it can still help.

Are you still near uni? Try the chaplaincy for someone to rant at, odds are pretty good for some tlc in the form of tea & biscuits although generally a bit light in hugs. Top for ears though.

Xx
  • Options
    I was gunna go today but have to wait in for a plumber as I'm the only one home...hopefully if he comes early enough I can go later but I have other appts this evening so chances are it won't be until tomorrow morning that I can go...but thats fine because I can spend as long as I want to there tomorrow :)

I just finished reading the book "the help"...that made me cry at the end! I've done so much crying in the last 4 weeks, I'm fed up with myself crying!

I am still near uni...I always forget about the chaplaincy! I should probably give it a go...I also found (by accident) my local samaritans drop-in centre too so that could be useful for future reference :)
  • Options
    Sounds like some good plans up your sleeve there then.

The challenge is always remembering them when you're struggling - but we'll try and help with that.