Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bleurghhh *Poss Triggering*

Comments

• Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Thanks for your message georgiana...its good to hear that you got through it :)

A consumption of alcohol and lots of pills....not enough though seeing as I'm still here :(

:( *hug* :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's at this point that I'd be calling in sick to work and going to sit in the Doctor's office until they see me.

I was chatting to my housemate last night who works as a student admin at uni, and we were talking about mitigating circumstances. She says it's a good idea to drop an email to someone in uni even if you only tell them roughly of the circumstances, i.e. "I'm having a rough time right now due to some personal issues so am struggling a bit, I'll be in contact to explain further as soon as possible". This way even though uni don't know everything that's going on, they have at least had contact and are aware.

Chin up love. Get yourself to the doctors and get some looking after.
  • Options
    I can't call in sick :( I'm currently covering for my manager and another colleague in my department so attempting to fulfil 3 peoples jobs plus all the management and their little PA jobs I keep getting thrown at me!

I have emailed to tell uni that I had lost a parent and a grandparent this year and that I am struggling at the moment and they just told me to fill in some forms and contact them again if I need an extension.

I also had a very honest conversation with my manager and told her I was suicidal so she is aware of just how much I'm struggling...

I might be able to function if the nightmares stopped happening and I could at least get some sleep and it would help if the flashbacks stopped interfering with my job! Not that I've told anyone about either :(
  • Options
    Okay- your company do need to recognise that putting this kind of pressure on you isn't going to help you or them out in the long run. This stress is not going to help your mood.

Good on the uni side, and on the manager side.

You were planning on going to the doctor's today, how's that gone? Even if you get some sleeping tablets or something from them to help you through, that might help, and you can then work on counselling and the flashbacks. What happened with the call from Cruse? Flashbacks are akin to the PTSD stuff I keep mentioning, EMDR and meditation do help!
  • Options
    Telling my manager wasn't such a great idea it would seem...never mind.

Cruse called me today with an appointment - in 3 weeks time. Don't know if I can continue like this for that long.

I didnt make it to the doctors because I had to work...I will go tomorrow but not sure what to do if I can't see my Doctor as the rest of them (there are only 3 others) are horrible. I also have no idea what to tell them because I don't know whats linked and what isn't anymore! Guess I'll find out tomorrow morning...
  • Options
    What's happened with your manager then?

Tell the doctor everything- you wouldn't pick and choose with cancer symptoms, don't pick and choose with your mental health. Write it down- what you need to say, not what you think you should say or what you think other want to hear. The doctor needs to hear the truth.
  • Options
    She just didn't understand as much as I thought she had.

I have an appt with a locum doctor at 10:20 - currently having a panic attack...don't know what is wrong with me...why can't I just get a grip!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I told him everything; he took my blood pressure then sent me home with a form to fill in on depression-type symptoms and told me to go back with it in 2 weeks. He told me its probably all just a result of everything thats happened this year and therefore, its completely normal to feel like this. Will I go back in 2 weeks? Probably not - I've already shredded the form...That's it now...no more professionals...because that is just what they aren't. That is 3 that have let me down in the space of about 8 weeks.

And while he was doing my blood pressure I had a sneaky glance at my record on his screen which quite clearly stated Referal to Hospital Counselling Services to be arranged...the last time I went to the doctors was around May so not sure what happened to that referral but it obviously got lost!

:banghead:
  • Options
    I am so glad that you managed to speak to the doctor. Thats a very brave step :-) You should be proud of yourself.
  • Options
    I'm afraid I'm gonna take a little bit of a harsher line sweetheart. You are not helping yourself by pushing away all these 'professionals'- you are barely even giving them time to truly understand before you have made your judgement and written them off.

I understand that you wanted more practical help from the doctor, but there are so many options and things they could do that it helps to have more context so that you get given the right help, not just any help. Get another copy of that form, fill it out, and go back again. I'd also consider changing to a doctors that allows you to make appointments in advance.

From my experience referalls to hospital counselling service can take months. I'm sure I have several friends still waiting.
  • Options
    I'll make another appt but I will make sure its with my actual GP who knows me better and has already discussed more practical (and helpful) suggestions with me previously but they weren't necessary at the time. I will also go to Cruse for the 6 sessions I have booked in...I also spoke to my manager again today, requested time off, requested a meeting to discuss my actual responsibilities and told her about the nightmares/panic attacks and again; the suicidal feelings and I have the option to be referred to the OHA if I want it.
  • Options
    Good. That sounds much better. Hugs for you sweetheart, I know you need them.
  • Options
    It can take along time before you see any effect. Progress can be so slow that you barely notice, but baby steps are sometimes better, with the right help of course.
    You might be like me, mine was a slow weekly session, then one day I woke up and realized I didn't feel the same, I felt at peace.
    Hang in there WhiteLillies, it really is worth it. xx
  • Options
    Why won't it stop...I just want it all to stop :(
    I hate this and I hate myself.
  • Options
    It will stop, but it isn't an instant fix sweetie. You need to allow people to help you and stop pushing them away.
  • Options
    Ditto, it's just like Purple_roo said.
    Remember we are all thinking of you if you want to talk. *hug*
  • Options
    Something has to give soon because I can't do this anymore. I've been fighting the urge to do something stupid all day. I'm tired. I'm irritable. I keep bursting into tears and I just cannot do this any longer.
  • Options
    Something has to give soon because I can't do this anymore. I've been fighting the urge to do something stupid all day. I'm tired. I'm irritable. I keep bursting into tears and I just cannot do this any longer.

*hug* But you fought it? Have you done anything? *hug*
    If you have resisted that's amazing strength. It takes a lot of energy, and you feel drained by the end of it, but keep fighting.
    I know it's all words, I know it's hard, but I always thought I was so weak both mentally and physically. I still think I'm quite weak in body, but I feel stronger in my mind. I overcame it and feel stronger for doing so. I only wish I knew how to help. xx :heart:
  • Options
    No...I want to go to bed and never get up again...or wake up...

Do you know what I really want? I just want someone to give me a massive hug and let me cry without expecting me to talk/explain or anything else...and for that person not to make me feel guilty for feeling like this.

No-one talks about it anymore. Everyone is "over" it now.
  • Options
    No...I want to go to bed and never get up again...or wake up...

Do you know what I really want? I just want someone to give me a massive hug and let me cry without expecting me to talk/explain or anything else...and for that person not to make me feel guilty for feeling like this.

No-one talks about it anymore. Everyone is "over" it now.

If I was with you now, that's what I would do. Sometimes that was what I wanted but never had the courage to ask. Whenever I have a bad day I always ask my mother for a hug. You have no reason to feel guilty, and if you don't want to talk that's your right. xx *hug* :( *hug*
  • Options
    Thanks...feeling okish today :) I am still overly tired but I had a better nights sleep last night and feeling quite motivated to start my essay for uni :) I'm not getting my hopes up or turning down any future help because I feel ok...it's just nice to have a good day :)
  • Options
    And you know I'd be straight in with the hugs.

Are you talking about it? Are you bringing him up? I'd suspect they're Not really over it. They will be burying Their grief and feelings until it rises its ugly head months or years later in a completely unrecognizable form, which they will then struggle to solve as they won't be able to pinpoint the cause.

As I've said before, have you got any friends, perhaps ones who like mothering, who you can go to for some looking after? They don't need to know what you are going through, just that you need some tlc.
  • Options
    Sleep always helps.
  • Options
    I never really did talk about him from the start so that hasn't changed...not with my family anyway...I have done with other people.

No - my friends aren't like that - if anything I am the one who they normally come to when they want TLC or a shoulder, etc...I do have two really good friends that I can rant at relentlessly and they still love me and actually tell me they don't know how to help but understand that if ranting helps then I can do it as much as I want. I love those guys! One of them (when it first happened) made me take breaks at work by dragging me off somewhere nice for lunch and when I used to disappear to one of our meeting rooms to cry she would bring me chocolate...its funny how you really appreciate the little things!
  • Options
    I never really did talk about him from the start so that hasn't changed...not with my family anyway...I have done with other people.

No - my friends aren't like that - if anything I am the one who they normally come to when they want TLC or a shoulder, etc...I do have two really good friends that I can rant at relentlessly and they still love me and actually tell me they don't know how to help but understand that if ranting helps then I can do it as much as I want. I love those guys! One of them (when it first happened) made me take breaks at work by dragging me off somewhere nice for lunch and when I used to disappear to one of our meeting rooms to cry she would bring me chocolate...its funny how you really appreciate the little things!

It's the little things that make the biggest difference.
    Thought you might like this song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=q6wZhd8M848

Hope you like, big hug xx. :heart:
  • Options
    I adore the song...thank you :) *hug* xx
  • Options
    That's good then xx *hug* :) *hug*
  • Options
    Did I ever tell you about me and twixes? I was sobbing my heart out on the national express coach, people all around, telling my best friend how my dad was about to die and eventually finished the phone call and went to the loo. As I came back to my Seat i found someone had put a twix on my seat. When i asked the lady i was sat next to if it was hers she said no, it's yours. That little act of kindness still means the world to me today!

Are you getting to see these two good friends much?
  • Options
    Purple_roo wrote: »
    Did I ever tell you about me and twixes? I was sobbing my heart out on the national express coach, people all around, telling my best friend how my dad was about to die and eventually finished the phone call and went to the loo. As I came back to my Seat i found someone had put a twix on my seat. When i asked the lady i was sat next to if it was hers she said no, it's yours. That little act of kindness still means the world to me today!

Some people know how to comfort others in the simplest of ways. I think we underestimate strangers sometimes. xx
  • Options
    That is awesome...on and off..i work with one of them!

Good day didnt last long :(