Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Health related rants!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Helen pointed out in the Rant thread the other day that a lot of it's become health related, and to try and keep that to the health forum... so I thought I'd start a "health related rants" thread :)
This is for when you don't need a hug so much, just a general moan about health/health services.

My rant today: Started a new medication yesterday, and it's made me really ill. My hearts beating stupidly fast and I'm shaking. Doctor told me to "put up with it"... ummm, I would, if I didn't feel like I was going to have a heart attack every 5 seconds! He didn't even check my blood pressure. Useless man.

Anyone else got a health rant today?

Comments

• Options
    I'm so diseased....
  • Options
    Got to go back to the bloody GUM clinic for the third time in 3 weeks because I have an unusual urinary tract infection that won't go away and I have a feeling I'm going to be referred to a urologist or to the renal clinic because he thinks its possibly to do with my kidneys instead :(

I've got enough to deal with the fibro and the MH issues, I could really do without anything else happening.
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Got to go back to the bloody GUM clinic for the third time in 3 weeks because I have an unusual urinary tract infection that won't go away and I have a feeling I'm going to be referred to a urologist or to the renal clinic because he thinks its possibly to do with my kidneys instead :(

I've got enough to deal with the fibro and the MH issues, I could really do without anything else happening.

Oh hon, sorry to hear that. I had a kidney infection last week (pyelonethritis), it was nasty but once they know what it is they should be able to deal with it. I asked my gp why I got it when I have various other things going wrong health wise at the moment (both physical health and mental health) and she said that you get more stuff when you are run down and stressed out and that stress was causing the various things for me. I really relate to what you are saying about not needing anything else going wrong at the moment though. *hug* I hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
  • Options
    woken up with a migraine.
  • Options
    woken up with a migraine.

*hug*
  • Options
    *hug*

Thanks :) On top of everything else it's not helping! It's fading a bit now though, and I've managed not to be sick which is a bonus
  • Options
    I'm really hurting and getting so worried about changing medication if my dr won't agree with me. Plus I'm worried about the OT coming on Monday along with everything else that's going on, I just want to curl up in a ball and cry.
  • Options
    I think you should write a letter to the head of the GP's practise and explain to them why you need to stay on that medication... or go and see a different GP and see what they say? It might just be him being funny.
  • Options
    I take 3 pills (which to me equals about a million) and I was certain they were interacting with eachother, though nobody told me they would, so I don't think they actually do, so I started taking them all at different times. However, I only ever remembered the one I took when I woke up so I started getting very bad side effects from forgetting the two. :\
  • Options
    Started citalopram again last night (after being told not to take it tell after the funeral).. really spacey and can't stop shaking. Also have stomach pains. I feel like I've smoked loads of weed or something, nothing feels "normal".
    Euurrrgghhhh.
  • Options
    Just feeling Urgh after having a few good days. Not really wanting to go to therapy because of the effort to get there, I'm just feeling so tired!! Urgh :(
  • Options
    Therapist wants me to have a memory assessment :( I feel like this illness is just taking over my body
  • Options
    I am so annoyed - so my tooth was uncomfortable but the pain was bearable - I then go to the dentist who decided whacking my tooth was a stupidly good idea - the pain then intensified and the tooth has visibly been moved from where it was originally - its slowly got worse and I now have an abscess with a nice swollen cheek - to say I'm annoyed is a complete understatement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:
  • Options
    How are you doing today Miss Riot?

And white lillies, dentists are awful! Most of one of my front teeth is fake, and the first dentist who did it didn't make it thick enough and every time I brushed it, it chipped away. Is there a different dentist you could see? Keep cleaning your mouth with salt water... make sure the waters been boiled, and put it in a glass (not a mug! they aren't sterile!) and then put enough salt in so it tastes like tears.
  • Options
    Not great - and I've got a 2 hour train journey tonight as well. I've got really sore hands which I've not had before. Going to see dr soon about getting a letter so that I don't have to go for an ATOS medical (it's just too distressing, I felt so paranoid about being assessed for ages after the last, I really don't want to have to go through that again), and to talk to him about him trying to take my modified dose of venlafaxine away. Grrrrrrrrr!
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    just got over one cold... to get another! grrrrr
  • Options
    How are you doing today Miss Riot?

And white lillies, dentists are awful! Most of one of my front teeth is fake, and the first dentist who did it didn't make it thick enough and every time I brushed it, it chipped away. Is there a different dentist you could see? Keep cleaning your mouth with salt water... make sure the waters been boiled, and put it in a glass (not a mug! they aren't sterile!) and then put enough salt in so it tastes like tears.

I didn't have a dentist when this first happened - my fault - well I had one that was 2 hours away and couldn't go when my Dad changed jobs all those years ago, blah, blah blah so needless to say no issues meant no dentist...!

I went to the emergency one whose made everything ten times worse and who I'm just about to send a massively long complaint email about to PALS (I think thats what they are called!?)

I have registered with a new dentist but they can't see me until 14th Nov because thats their waiting list and because I now have an abscess they cant do anything to treat the tooth until that and my gum infection has cleared!

I'm using antibiotics (3rd type!), corsodyl mouthwash - I've bought clove oil because I've been told its amazing but not keen on using it - I have yet to try salt water..! :grump:
  • Options
    Spent the day being cuddled on the sofa by mr riot due to the pain and general shittiness after having a great weekend and thesite towers. Getting so cold/tired/hungry yesterday on the trains home didn't help I don't think. But yet again it's always the last 6 flights of stairs which have me in agony everytime. I can't wait to be out of this place!
  • Options
    At least you've had a day to rest :) how long till you move? 6 flights of stairs is so many!!
  • Options
    That's the problem, I don't have anywhere again! ;(
  • Options
    I hope you find somewhere! :(
  • Options
    i'm all hot and cold and shivery and snotty and exhausted and my neck hurts and i've got an exam tomorrow. boooo
  • Options
    I think the aches and pains of pregnancy are just starting. My MW thinks I have carpal tunnel syndrome after I explained the dull ache in my wrists and hand. I have it in my ankles too and sometimes my legs.

Had two immunisations yeserday for flu and whooping cough, felt what I'm hoping was a poo side effect. Feeling cold, achey and then really hot and flushed when I went to bed. I feel a lot better today apart from the aches, I'm due to go out later for a meal so will just wrap up warm...
  • Options
    The nhs mental ward I'm on is infested with mice and cockroaches :(
  • Options
    That's horrible!! Have you complained?
  • Options
    I've got a sicky tummy and it hurts :(
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    That's horrible!! Have you complained?

Yeah, they said it's because of the hygiene on the ward. They do clean everyday but the patients are really messy so it doesn't help.
  • Options
    All the same! They couldn't have that on a physical health ward! Keep complaining about it, go to PALS if you need to. It's a place you're meant to feel safer not worse!
  • Options
    It would be glorious not to feel sleepy :-) silly brain giving me wakeup calls at ungodly times :-P