Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What's the point....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The nightmares can be really horrific. I suffered through them, but there's no reason why you shouldn't get some sleeping pills from your doctor.
  • Options
    I'm so tired but I dread going to sleep because I fear the reoccuring nightmare of watching my dads suicide. It's distressing seeing that look of despair on his face and although the dreams don't represent what happened they portray my feelings...I don't know if I can live with the guilt, the feeling of missing someone so much or in fear of what's going to happen next because I just seem to be watching my family fall apart day by day...i'm helpless.

Hi whitelillies,

Hugs- I hope you're not doing too badly. I just wanted to pick up on one thing you mentioned here- watching your dad's suicide. I'm no doctor so please don't take this as a diagnosis, but i was present when my dad died and ended up suffering from a sort of PTSD-type disorder called complicated grief. If you watched your dad die, or were privy to the sight, it's conceivable that you could end up suffering from this as well. In which case, there are many treatments available. One I underwent was emdr, which you can google to find out what it is. How are things looking for you and counselling? It really may be of help to you to work through these feelings- though it usually gets worse before it gets better.

Hang in there.
  • Options
    I didn't witness it or find him so I don't know why I'm suddenly having nightmares. I guess its more the distress and the pain on his face...In my dream I recognise it for what it is, whereas in reality I didn't.

I put off counselling...I know I shouldn't but everytime I go to register with the uni service, I tell myself that I'm stronger now and I don't need it...but then I get another setback and just end up ranting here...I guess I just feel like I should sort myself out but it's hard...

Thank you for the information though... :)
  • Options
    Get registered. Get some help.
  • Options
    I'm really struggling ... I'm being treated like a sounding board and I'm exhausted by it. I'm tired of trying to stay strong for everyone else when I am struggling to find the strength to keep myself going...

I want all the pain to go away...it's unbearable. Sometimes it's easier to give up.
  • Options
    Who's treating you like a sounding board?
  • Options
    It doesn't matter...I registered with the uni counselling service today...guess I have nothing to lose...
  • Options
    You don't have to talk to me, or us. but I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to know. it's good that you've registered for counselling though.