Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

In the beginning...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Was her name Laura? I remember you and your first love. It was so cute :) Ah the good old days.

I still visit most days, but I feel like I am too old for everything now, don't relate to anybody and everybody ignores me anyways (the teenager part of me speaking out) so I never post. I do owe this place a lot, though. Laura, David, Jane, Simone, Tash, Yorgos, Steven, Abbie, Shaz, Cat, Shelly, Andy, Greame, Helen, Andy, Heather, Franki, Katie, Kim, Bri, Deeeeeb... the list goes on!

Everybody... I was a terribly angsty drunk teenager and still am, minus the teenager part and you all (though most aren't here) have made a great impact on me. I went from a drunken drug using uni drop out to a certified teacher and I really do owe a lot to the british folk I have met on here. No matter what others say, some of you are friendly ;) In your begining, in my beginning.. you have been awesome, and I hope thesite and youthenet continues to all those confused teenagers and preteens across the globe.

One day I'll visit the UK and hug all my pals... until then, you all get a virtual hug. I truely appreciate all those who have been there, and still are :)

I wish I could tell of of you how much you have impacted me.
  • Options
    <3
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    Was her name Laura? I remember you and your first love. It was so cute :) Ah the good old days.

I still visit most days, but I feel like I am too old for everything now, don't relate to anybody and everybody ignores me anyways (the teenager part of me speaking out) so I never post. I do owe this place a lot, though. Laura, David, Jane, Simone, Tash, Yorgos, Steven, Abbie, Shaz, Cat, Shelly, Andy, Greame, Helen, Andy, Heather, Franki, Katie, Kim, Bri, Deeeeeb... the list goes on!

Everybody... I was a terribly angsty drunk teenager and still am, minus the teenager part and you all (though most aren't here) have made a great impact on me. I went from a drunken drug using uni drop out to a certified teacher and I really do owe a lot to the british folk I have met on here. No matter what others say, some of you are friendly ;) In your begining, in my beginning.. you have been awesome, and I hope thesite and youthenet continues to all those confused teenagers and preteens across the globe.

One day I'll visit the UK and hug all my pals... until then, you all get a virtual hug. I truely appreciate all those who have been there, and still are :)

I miss our msn chats about food and me trying to guess how much you've had to drink :(
  • Options
    G-raffe proposed to me - true story
  • Options
    A member that you DIDN'T EVEN INVITE TO YOUR GOD DAMN WEDDING.

I will never forgive you.

*ahem*

Anyway, I owe my best (and shittiest, to be fair, no fault of you guys, though - you can't help who joins :heart: ) times to this place. And my two best friends in the fucking world.

My favourites:

jake0 :heart:
    Science Museum mini-meets with DrP and Girl_gunner and Hannah-whose-username-is-right-on-the-tip-of-my-god-damn-tongue (eta: mystifymysoul!). And the aforementioned jake0.
    When ShyBoy came to my birthday, me and piccolo had to go and get him from St Pancras and then he called us when we were half way there to say he'd already made it to the pub, and I realised just how ickle he is :D (good lord, that was five and a half years ago...boy you need to come visit me againnnn)
    Meeting Jim, KermyRoll and GWST all in one day and then making a gigantic tit of myself in front of a room full of people.
    Those two half-marathons I...er...walked.
    The first time I met omg hi :heart:
    The mother fuckin' Met Bar :D

...the realisation that I have now lost count of, and forgotten a significant number of the people I've met from here. I think it's somewhere around 30-40? God, now I'm going to have to COUNT...

:) fond fond memories
    omg hi wrote: »
    when i first started using thesite everyone was slagging off braintree and buying each other imaginary drinks on a saturday night.

ah nostalgia :p

ha yes this! beckys bar threads. ants.

i dont remember a lot from with first started posting TEN years almost, but i do that remeber that everyone was just so NICE. still are ;)
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    G-raffe proposed to me - true story

Minor technicality that you were someone elses wifey, but she is correct, true story.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster

<3

So proud of you, Manda. Love you lots xxx
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    I miss our msn chats about food and me trying to guess how much you've had to drink :(

Can you guess how many I had before writing that?! I forgot to download messenger when the comp was rebuilt... must do that ;)
  • Options
    see, the sum up my experience on thesite is easy, I came, I saw, I was a royal cunt, Thesite fixed me into this upstanding individual I am today.
  • Options
    Can you guess how many I had before writing that?! I forgot to download messenger when the comp was rebuilt... must do that ;)

Ha, hard to tell. On msn its easy to spot your drunk level. If I can see the "Manda is typing...." message for about 10 minutes and all that comes up is "Yes", then im pretty sure you've had a few. That or you've left one of those bobbing head things to constantly tap the keys while you go out to the store to buy more booze :D
  • Options
    What a lovely thread! I'm pretty surprised to make the top ten. Actually, I didn't really clock how long I'd actually been here. Do we get a telegram from the Queen?

As so many others have said, I joined here as a teenager and now I'm a mad old cat lady with a Sodbaby and a Sodhusband (I do not recommend The Site to anyone any more for fear that they too will end up like me).

My favourite mod was Miss Susie. I did love the unveiling of her weekly hair colour change. And she came and danced the Gay Gordon at our wedding, which was so lovely.

There are lots of old members that I am still in touch with through one medium or another and I have met some truly cracking individuals on here.

Thanks The Site!
  • Options
    I'd probably still be living (or not) abroad still if it wasn't for the site...

Its definately a positive thing that I came back, I'd never have had the oportunities that I've had...
  • Options
    Aww nostalgia!