Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Not feeling safe

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm pretty sure there is a picture of a previous time ... that you know, might cheer Piccolo up ;)

:yes: I agree :D
  • Options
    Piccolo, have you seen the warning picture?

If not, have a looksie on facebook - pretty sure I put it up there. Panda eyes like you could never believe.

I'd like it noted though, I was on camp all weekend, and I have neither panda eyes, hi vis vest tan lines, or burn anywhere else.

(we'll gloss over the hairband tan mark on my wrist)
  • Options
    Piccolo, have you seen the warning picture?

If not, have a looksie on facebook - pretty sure I put it up there. Panda eyes like you could never believe.

I'd like it noted though, I was on camp all weekend, and I have neither panda eyes, hi vis vest tan lines, or burn anywhere else.

(we'll gloss over the hairband tan mark on my wrist)

Post it on here so EVERYONE can see ;)
  • Options
    I will make do with the mental image... Actually reminds me of the time a friend of mine spent too long on a tan bed. Goggle marks are the funniest thing *ever*.

:lol:

It's only fair, she took the mick of my orange hair endlessly.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    I will make do with the mental image... Actually reminds me of the time a friend of mine spent too long on a tan bed. Goggle marks are the funniest thing *ever*.

:lol:

It's only fair, she took the mick of my orange hair endlessly.

If you go perv on my TwitPic timeline, you can see my sunburn as well :p
  • Options
    I'll put it on here later.

Piccolo, it's pretty recent on my facebook photos if you want a giggle
  • Options
    I remember the time when I was pissed off my face, yet I still managed to make sure piccolo got the right bus home :D
  • Options
    Hahahaha

I don't remember the time...
  • Options
    Hahahaha

Or the table pint?
  • Options
    Hahahaha

I'm sure Gav remembers it ;)
  • Options
    I'm sure Gav remembers it ;)

Oh, you went there....
  • Options
    Oh, you went there....

Yes, yes I did :D
  • Options
    Update: finally saw my GP, who wants me to see a psychiatrist between now and Monday. She said they probably won't do anything, but I should see them anyway, and if certain things happen again I should call them (in hours) or the crisis team (out of hours).
  • Options
    It does sound like you've got a very good GP.

Good luck to you and her getting you to see the pysch.
  • Options
    It does sound like you've got a very good GP.

Yes, she is good. I don't ever get the impression she's just pandering, either, I think that when she takes things seriously it's a marker that I ought to be.

It was just a relief to have finally told someone the main thing that's been worrying me (which I have been trying for weeks to tell my mentor but not managing to because I'm a wimp).
  • Options
    Yay!!
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Glad she listened, hope you get an appointment and it works out positively.
  • Options
    Right, seeing someone tomorrow. They wanted to come to me but I said no because I currently live in a room in College and am spending tomorrow moving to a flat owned by College which I'll be sharing with people I've never met, so I have to go to the hospital and it clashes with the time I'm meant to be seeing my mentor which means I have to tell him what's going on and I'm worried he'll think I'm either exaggerating to my GP for attention or wasn't honest with him or a combination and it's all very stressful right now. ARGH. [/streamofconsciousness]
  • Options
    So, mentor knew you were seeing you GP today right?

GP says need to see psych.

GP taking action shouldn't be a massive surprise to your mentor, so you can chill out. GP having a different perspective on things won't be a massive surprise to your mentor either.
  • Options
    He didn't know I was seeing my GP, but it was booked as a routine appointment.

Have sent an email.
  • Options
    good luck tomorrow love :)
  • Options
    So my GP said she was asking for an appointment with a psychiatrist, which is why I agreed to cancel the appointment with my mentor.

I saw a CPN and a social worker. 30 mins of them more-or-less agreeing with me that there is nothing anyone in their team can do for me. I got away in time to have got to a meeting with my mentor that I cancelled, and which would have been much more constructive.

Seriously, there is nothing I can do. They don't care that I'm suicidal, that I'm throwing up when I eat, that I've made attempts, that I can barely move my arms.

:banghead: I feel so much worse.
  • Options
    So my GP said she was asking for an appointment with a psychiatrist, which is why I agreed to cancel the appointment with my mentor.

I saw a CPN and a social worker. 30 mins of them more-or-less agreeing with me that there is nothing anyone in their team can do for me. I got away in time to have got to a meeting with my mentor that I cancelled, and which would have been much more constructive.

Seriously, there is nothing I can do. They don't care that I'm suicidal, that I'm throwing up when I eat, that I've made attempts, that I can barely move my arms.

:banghead: I feel so much worse.

what is with these idiotic CMHTs around? you should fight for your right to be heard. I know its tiring. I actually got somewhere with my lot when I yelled at the CPN. Repeatedly.

Massive hug. hope you're alright
  • Options
    Right, so I should phone the crisis team now. I know I should. I have their number in my GP's handwriting which should be permission enough for my brain to process but I'm somehow really scared.

The last time I got involved with a crisis team things got worse.
  • Options
    Right, so I should phone the crisis team now. I know I should. I have their number in my GP's handwriting which should be permission enough for my brain to process but I'm somehow really scared.

The last time I got involved with a crisis team things got worse.

Please phone them Piccolo <3
  • Options
    It sounds silly but I don't know what to say to the inevitable, "what do you expect us to say / do?" question. I don't know what I expect, just that I was told to call them if things got to a certain point and on the off-chance they can wave a magic wand....
  • Options
    Crisis team don't want me.

I feel really stupid now. Evidently my GP shouldn't have given me their number because I'm "not under services" (i.e. the CMHT won't see me, see many hundreds of angry posts in the past) and so I've just spent 30 mins being patronised and referred back to my GP.

I actually feel worse.
  • Options
    Hiya,

How are things this morning?
  • Options
    I need a bit of first aid (run out of supplies and they're expensive to replace) and not feeling much better.

Seeing a GP (as instructed by nice-but-unable-to-help member of the Crisis Team) at 10:30.
  • Options
    I'm sorry I went to bed when I did. I'm intrigued as to the purpose of the crisis team if they can't help you in, y'know, a crisis.

*hug*