Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Not feeling safe

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't feel safe at the moment. I told my mentor but there's nothing he can really do or say, obviously. Nothing anyone can.

I just want it to stop.

Comments

• Options
    Hey Piccolo, is their any one you can call? Like a friend or someone to come over? Why don't you feel safe, would you like to tell us a bit more about what is happening *hug*'s
  • Options
    I can't remember where things are up to with you and your GP? Is it worth trying her? I know she's got limited options, but could be good to keep her in the loop.
  • Options
    I have an appointment on Thursday.

I don't want my mentor to think I'm ignoring him though he said I'll be fine.
  • Options
    If you think you'll be fine until your appointment on Thursday - then leave it until Thursday.

If you really don't think you will - then have a chat with your GP. Not knocking your mentor, but you seem to be pretty switched on and self aware so it's worth giving your instincts some credit as well as his.
  • Options
    It's difficult because what I think changes.

Right now I reckon I'll be ok til Thursday and actually pretty safe until I move home, but this morning I thought I wouldn't be. I'm not very stable. My biggest worry is that in the sort of mood I was in this morning I'll lose control and not be ok any more.

My mentor more or less called me a drama queen when I thought I was just being honest for the first time in ages. That was a bit of a kick. He's a decent person and has been really good for me, I trust him, but I'm not sure I agree that I'm ok.
  • Options
    It's worth bearing in mind that if your mentor is university based then they will probably see a lot of drama queens - so the first instinct will always be to lean that way (to a certain extent). In many cases that will work and reassuring someone that actually everything will be ok is all it needs to keep someone ok.

For others, that doesn't work and they need more than that. If you're worried about this morning, then my personal suggestion would be to try and touch base with your GP. That way you can maybe concoct a plan for what to do if you have another crappy patch.
  • Options
    I reckon I'll be all right until Thu. Had a bad night, exacerbated by the fact the internet was down for most of it, but didn't do anything really stupid so that's a start.
  • Options
    Scrap that. Not ok. It gets worse when I try to go to bed.
  • Options
    *hug*:heart:
  • Options
    I'm going to have another try and this 'sleep' thing.
  • Options
    i feel unsafe alot of the time wondering whos out side and all that i get told theres nothing you can do but try and face the fears
  • Options
    I had an awful night didn't get to sleep until 4:30 not sure if I should try and get some more sleep now or if that will make things worse. Hurt myself badly but forgot to look in the mirror before falling out of bed to breakfast so because it was somewhere I don't usually I think it showed this morning.

I feel like a freak.
  • Options
    You are definitely not a freak.

Repeat after me. You are definitely not a freak.

Getting to sleep last night was a complete sod for most of the country, so don't beat yourself up too much about that one. Until the temperature crashed down around 0400 think we were all struggling.

Give your GP a call and go and have a chat - you don't need to be doing this on your own.

xx
  • Options
    I left it too late to be able to see anyone today. I think I might go back to bed. Two consecutive nights without sleep won't help. I was having some sort of hallucinations from about 2-4ish that made it impossible to close my eyes without freaking out.
  • Options
    If you can sleep - go back to bed and play catch up.

If you can't sleep - let me know and we'll try and come up with another plan.
  • Options
    Slept a bit, don't feel 100% but going to try and work
  • Options
    At least sleeping a bit is a good thing - that should help a bit. Good luck with the work.

We just got stuck in the canteen at lunchtime because went over in bright sunshine and didn't fancy a soaking in the storm.
  • Options
    The storm hasn't broken here yet but I think it's about to.
  • Options
    Well I'm next to Heathrow, so suspect its on it's way to you.
  • Options
    Very likely. It's been looking sinister for about 24 hours now.

Beginning to feel a bit rubbish again. I hate that there is no one I can call and explain everything to and have a hug. More than anything I want a cry and a hug with someone but there isn't anyone.
  • Options
    I really wish I could find a social situation where I fit in
  • Options
    I really don't know what to do. I've had a very bad day. I don't feel safe I have everything I 'need' to do some real harm. There is no one here I know well enough to tell how very scared I am and how much I need someone with me tonight.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    I really don't know what to do. I've had a very bad day. I don't feel safe I have everything I 'need' to do some real harm. There is no one here I know well enough to tell how very scared I am and how much I need someone with me tonight.

*HUGS* i hope you're ok! :(
  • Options
    Went to bed in the end, had a better night. Still not 100% but it's made a difference to have slept.
  • Options
    Really glad you've slept - that's a good start.
  • Options
    *hug*s if you want them, I hope today is a better day.
  • Options
    Really glad you've slept - that's a good start.

:yes:

You know where I am if you need a distraction *hug*.
  • Options
    Going to try and work outside for a bit.

Feel like such a twit when I get stuck in moods like this, and part of me knows it's easy to create self-fulfilling prophecies when it's all about my headspace anyway.
  • Options
    Outside sounds like a really good plan.

Just don't get sunburnt (which is the kind of thing I'd do)
  • Options
    Just don't get sunburnt (which is the kind of thing I'd do)

I'm pretty sure there is a picture of a previous time ... that you know, might cheer Piccolo up ;)