Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Failure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Hey
    I don't mean to lecture, and I guess you know this already, but I hope it helps a little but 300 cals is not enough. The binge, horrible that it is, won't make you put on weight, but will help give you a few vital minerals etc which your body will love you for (even if it doesn't feel like it to you). Please try not to be sick.

Plenty of *hug*
  • Options
    Hate to be harsh, but what to you expect when you deprive your body of what it needs? You're going to give in eventually, or starve to death.
  • Options
    what do you want us to say?

Are you looking for us to tell you youre bad and its terrible youve gone over 300cals, or are you wanting us to be worried and point to help?

or maybe something else??

anyway *hug*
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Hate to be harsh, but what to you expect when you deprive your body of what it needs? You're going to give in eventually, or starve to death.
    :yes:
  • Options
    maybe you would be coping a bit better if you were going to your appointments instead of doing it all alone?

you would need to eat so, so much more to even put on a pound. i know it feels like the end of the world now but you will be exactly the same size this morning as you were last night.

if you push the world out and don't accept help then you are never going to change. you don't know how lucky you are to have the help you have. so use it.
  • Options
    what do you want us to say?

Are you looking for us to tell you youre bad and its terrible youve gone over 300cals, or are you wanting us to be worried and point to help?

Well said
  • Options
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    i really cant believe how unsupportive some ppl can be in here tbh makes me mad ppl can sit there and give me shit for starving myself to death when u really dont have a clue!!

Surely you don't expect them to encourage you? :confused: If so, you're on the wrong site.

There wasn't any judgement though, more a few questions and reminders that only 300 calories is going to make you feel bad. It will affect your mental state as well as your physical state.

You will also have noted that there were hugs offered too.

You need to remain strong, as omg_hi says, cancelling appointments is not going to benefit you, it's a short term gain for long term cost. Those appointments are designed to give you the very support you complain that you didn't get here. I know it's hard, when you a feeling stressed and anxious, to attend those appointments but they are there for your benefit not theirs.

I hope you feel a little more positive tomorrow.
  • Options
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    Surely you don't expect them to encourage you? :confused: If so, you're on the wrong site.

:thumb:
  • Options

rules ur life so the last thing i want is people encouraging me and i defo dont want people judging me when they dont know how much i struggle

You'd be surprised just how many people on here really do understand what you mean. Many of the users self harm or have had eating disorders themselves. There are plenty who will not read your posts because they will trigger their own ailments.

300kcals isn't "low", it's "dangerous" but then you know that.

There is no such thing as "can't", it's usually "won't" for example. You'll be surprised what you "can" do but choose (for whatever reason) not to do. As I said, you need to be strong and take control of your thought processes. I'm not saying that it's easy but it will be what the health services are trying to help you achieve. The mind is a powerful tool and at the moment you are using yours against yourself rather than in a positive manner.

Good luck, and make the most of the support you are being offered.
  • Options
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Nobody here is judging you. Like MoK said, alot of people self harm and have eating disorders same as you so they know how difficult it is.

Eating 300 cals a day is bad for you
    Eating more than that isnt going to make you fat.

I agree with Ballerina. If you keep stopping yourself from eating, eventually you're going to give in and eat loads whether you like it or not.

Can i just ask why you stopped going to the support sessions?
  • Options
    do you realise that your eating habits WILL kill you if you carry on?

Im really struggling to see what you want from people. I KNOW youre having a shit time of it and have been through things you shouldnt have to have, but seeing posts like this, well its difficult.
    If I came on here and said ive been trying to make myself sick but cant, im such a failure, or ive been trying to kill myself but cant, would you say to me, never mind, just try harder, or would you try and encourage me to not do it?
  • Options
    if people understood

I've been a self harmer since I was 7, I went through months of eating no more than 200 calories a day. And even I can't understand. You can't expect people to. Every persons eating disorder, self harm, mental health problem, is different. No one will ever truly understand.
    We can try and give our best advice, we can try and help you, but if you are going to accuse us of "judging" you, then why should we? We are not professionals, just normal people like you.
  • Options
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    omg reali ????????????? ive been self harming since i was 7 too x
  • Options

NOOO !! i never said that :no:
    i said i wanted support -- u know tell me everythings guna b ok,
    that it was ok to eat alittle more thats all :(

omg hi wrote: »
    you would need to eat so, so much more to even put on a pound. i know it feels like the end of the world now but you will be exactly the same size this morning as you were last night.

• Options
    See. Dont throw all your toys out the pram before you know all the facts.

Also, we cant tell you everything is gonna be ok if you carry on the way you are. The only way things can be ok is if you listen to people's advice.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    See. Dont throw all your toys out the pram before you know all the facts.

Also, we cant tell you everything is gonna be ok if you carry on the way you are. The only way things can be ok is if you listen to people's advice.
    :yes:
    *hug* will help for ooh... 2 seconds? Taking the advice will help you much better in the long term.
  • Options
    can you think of anything people can say that would help you or make you feel better?
  • Options
    :(
  • Options
    do you realise that your eating habits WILL kill you if you carry on?

This. They can and do cause serious physical damage too.
    all i wanted was "SUPPORT"

All people can do on here is talk to you. No-one on here can give you the support that you really need.
  • Options
    i no melain i just wanted someone to talk to sorry x
  • Options
    yes sed about 100 times to tell me everythings guna b ok,
    no1 ever does, no1 ever hugs me and says u'll b ok

i DID tell you it was ok.

I've found the things you've said tonight very hurtful, because i have tried to help you in the past and today and you have rejected that help. You have always been supported on this site.
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    i DID tell you it was ok.

I've found the things you've said tonight very hurtful, because i have tried to help you in the past and today and you have rejected that help. You have always been supported on this site.
    I loves you Janeycakes. :heart:
  • Options
    omg hi - what have i done whats so wrong :(
    just because i felt gulity for eating shit
  • Options
    You've shoved all the help that OMG Hi has tried to give you, back in her face. And all the help that everyone else has tried to give you.
  • Options
    omg hi - what have i done whats so wrong :(
    just because i felt gulity for eating shit
    Well, now. What have you done wrong?

The first thing I'd like to say (and Janey, don't get mad at me for this, k?) is that omg hi felt that she couldn't reply to this post because of previous comments made in reference to her, for fear of being accused of bullying/being a bitch/whatever.

The second thing is that nobody has an issue with you feeling guilty for your behaviour. If we did, you would definitely know about it. What we DO take issue with is your reaction to our responses. Nobody here is going to pander to your Eating Disorder. Nobody is going to treat you like a special snowflake. Nobody is going to cover you in cotton wool and treat you like a baby. We're going to tell you how it is, because the majority of people that have responded to this thread - in particular omg hi - have personal experience of at least one of the problems you suffer from. Personally, I've been having problems with self harm for the last eight years. Others here have, and still DO, suffer from Eating Disorders of their own. We take issue with the idea that you are the only one who understands how you are feeling. Because even though each person's experience of mental illness is different, that doesn't mean we can't understand the thought processes of what you're going through. And all of us, every single one, know that wrapping you up in cotton wool and pretending that what you're doing is ok is not going to be helpful in the long run. It might make you feel better RIGHT NOW, but our aim is to make you better long term. We are harsh because we know that that's the way to get through to you, not because we're bitches.

I don't really know what else I can say without getting angry. But what I will say is that if you aren't going to accept the professional support you are given, there's not much we can do. None of us are professionals, and if you aren't going to take our advice, then we're going to get frustrated with you.

You should also be aware that a lot of what you post is very triggering to other people, and the fact that those people still continue to try and help you just to have their support and advice thrown back in their faces is massively offensive. Both to them and to their friends, who know precisely how much it's hurting them.
  • Options
    Well said Franki :) x