Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Failure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well said Franki :) x

:yes: seconded
  • Options
    :thumb:
  • Options
    i believe what DG wants and would find most comforting, is a pro ana website.
    Not necessarily whats best for her though
  • Options
    We are harsh because we know that that's the way to get through to you, not because we're bitches.

Last year, I was having some serious mental health issues and was pretty much told this by a friend - because he had no choice. He couldn't deal with my behaviour at all.

I agree with everything that Franki has said.
  • Options
    omfg !! im guna say this once and once only then im leaving these forums for good..!!

i cant belive u'd even suggest PRO ANA WEBSITES - there absoutly SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    they shud b band !!! i complain about them alot they encourage people to starve thats disucsting !!!! wrong and dont get me started!!!
    Eating disorders are NO GAME !!! i struggle everyday and people who has eating disorders will understand that, dont expect any1 else to,

I AM getting help with eating disorders and depression BUT from 2 DIFFERENT services, ive not ONCE pushed away my eating disorder help and thats a promise because i want to change, so i dont know why ur encouraging me to go on pro when there extremely dangerous!! i personally think thats way outta order
  • Options
    omfg !! im guna say this once and once only then im leaving these forums for good..!!

i cant belive u'd even suggest PRO ANA WEBSITES - there absoutly SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    they shud b band !!! i complain about them alot they encourage people to starve thats disucsting !!!! wrong and dont get me started!!!
    Eating disorders are NO GAME !!! i struggle everyday and people who has eating disorders will understand that, dont expect any1 else to,

I AM getting help with eating disorders and depression BUT from 2 DIFFERENT services, ive not ONCE pushed away my eating disorder help and thats a promise because i want to change, so i dont know why ur encouraging me to go on pro when there extremely dangerous!! i personally think thats way outta order

Then I think you need to take the help that is offered in here and not ignore people. I dont think suzie meant to seriously look at those sites but it seems that nothing that is said in here is ever good enough.

If you want to leave then thats fine, but no need to make a song and dance about it, this place is here to help, dont make those who have helped you feel guilty for it.
  • Options
    ur trying ur very hardest to pick on me i mean look where did i song and dance about it?? idont want to go no way but do i have a choice no,
    i came on here coz felt gulity for eating over 300 cals and i geet a lecture, that was outta order
  • Options
    ur trying ur very hardest to pick on me i mean look where did i song and dance about it?? idont want to go no way but do i have a choice no,
    i came on here coz felt gulity for eating over 300 cals and i geet a lecture, that was outta order
    Oh, for fuck's sake.

Did you even READ any of what I posted?

Suzy posted what she did out of frustration because it seems like you aren't accepting the help we are trying to give you. Nobody is encouraging you to go on any fucking pro-ana website because ALL OF US are aware of the danger websites like that pose to people with Eating Disorders.

I am bored of this now. Either you accept the help we are giving you, appreciate the time and effort that goes into giving you that help, or you can ignore us and face comments like Suzy's. We don't have infinite patience, and like I said, we ARE NOT HERE to pander to your Eating Disorder.

Take some responsibility for yourself. Yes, it's terrible having an ED, I wouldn't wish it on anybody, but it is NOT the Disorder that is making you starve and binge. The ED does not control your actions, only your thoughts. You can make a choice to try and beat those thoughts or you can let them run your life. It's your decision, but don't expect any of us to encourage your eating such a small amount in a day, because it's not going to happen.

/rant over.
  • Options
    if you actually bother to read what i said, i said that it looks like you WANT the type of support that a pro ana place would give, like "oh no youve eaten a tiny crumb of bread". and going along with your mindset. i also said it wouldnt be in your best interests though. Youre just being totally aggressive now, so im done with bothering to support you, and dont bother pming me or starting a thread saying "sowee". Try not to act like an arse in the first place and spitting in the face of those that actually HAVE been there, and maybe youll get more support
  • Options
    I think you want us to stop supporting you, so you have more reason to hate yourself so you can justify your self harm/ED's in your head.
    I used to be like that too, but it gets you no where very slowly.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hello,

Just dropping in to remind you all that if you're getting frustrated with someone and feel like they're not taking on board what you're saying, it's better to take a step back and stop posting rather than to post in an angry/annoyed way.

There are some comments in this thread that may hold some truth if we were having a discussion about the issues, yet can be confusing for someone to hear when they are in the midst of a situation.

Equally, depressedgal, it's important that you try and read everyone's posts calmly and patiently - and try not to jump to conclusions based on your fears about what people might think. Lots of people have been genuinely trying to offer support and it is true that it's becoming difficult to understand what kind of support you're looking for here.

It sounds like you find it difficult to manage your emotions, is this something you've talked about with a professional before?
  • Options
    Sorry Helen :(. I tried!
  • Options
    depressedgal

I used to post here a lot and as you can see by joining date its been a while. And you know what I'm pretty sure I've been in your position where I've felt everyone here is just being horrible to me, conspiring against me etc etc. But they're not, not even in the slightest. It shows that people do give a shit, the truth can hurt and especially when you're at the height of trying to deal with whats going on inside your head.

Re read this whole thread from start to finish and try and just take in whats been said by you and by everyone. Its not a question of people not supporting, this is a very triggering discussion that gets our backs up a bit. But never forget this IS a support forum and that is what is happening here :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Sorry Helen :(. I tried!

*hug* we all reach the end of our tether, it's just a case of remembering to take a step back at times.
  • Options
    there is lots of advice in your various threads where people have given you advice and support (myself included). Sometimes when you feel upset it is easy to take things the wrong way but noone is meaning to upset you - it is just frustrating when advice seems to be ignored. I really think that it is worth asking the professionals involved with your case about Psychotherapy. Its a waiting list that is worth going onto. Your SH and ED are symptoms of negative thought patterns and issues in your life that need to be addressed if you want to move forward with your life. Your life will not change or move forward until you start to want to help yourself, truely want it. Professionals, Doctors, ED groups cannot help you until you want to accept help and move forward. The work it takes has to be your journey and your fight. Help is merely signposted along the way. It can be hard to get to that point and some people with ED die before they get to that point. You deserve to be happy, everyone does.
  • Options
    just edited to add i have a pdf of the CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) for dummies book if anyone interested. obviously the real thing is much better but its a good insight into seeing how it works and whether it could benefit for you. msg me if you're interested.
  • Options
    Can you email it to me, lovely? I'll PM you my email x